X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

So the "BOARD" gets made at Big Johnny yet its okay for AJ to let Kane beat up guys who aren't wrestlers? Logic? Fuck logic.

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
      Fuck Lawler Forever for this:

[youtube]QJWVQJcajmE[/youtube]

And for ruining commentating since he's sat behind a table.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MikeChase27

Cena couldn't even bother to do a promo half as good as this.
        It was rumored for a long time that his cousin he talks about in that promo was AJ and it was going to be a way to introduce him to TV.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
          War Hero
          • May 2012

Comment

• Epidemik
            Commitment to Excellence
            • Jul 2009

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

So did Cody Rhodes fuck Stephanie?

Comment

• Epidemik
                Commitment to Excellence
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Epidemik
                Those must have been some crazy fucking nights.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Where Are They Now…for that pic

Undertaker -- Semi-retired from active wrestling, returns two or three times a year for appearances/Wrestlemania.

Paul Bearer -- Retired from full-time stuff, he works indy dates a few times per month.

Gerald Brisco -- Suffered three strokes in 2009 and a minor one last fall. He was working as talent scout with WWE and is still part owner of the Brisco Brothers Body Shop.

HHH -- Heir apparent to the WWE empire after marrying Stephanie. Is no longer a full-time worker, after taking on many backstage responsibilities.

Henry Godwin -- Last fall, he crashed his car and suffered various injuries including many broken ribs, a broken leg and punctured lungs. Haven't read any updates since. Not sure if he was still working indy's before the crash.

Kevin Nash -- Works indy's occasionally, was back in WWE for a short stint last year. Has been back in Hollywood, most recently appearing in 'Magic Mike.'

Mideon - No longer wrestling, may be working as a chef in Tampa.

Stone Cold - Retired from wrestling, although he is rumored to be contemplating a return for one final feud next year with Punk. Otherwise, he's made a decent career for himself elsewhere in TV and film. He's been in 5 films since 2011 (none major) and will have a bit part in Sandler's Grown Ups 2. On TV, he has hosted the reboot of Tough Enough (becoming the only reason to watch) and Redneck Island.

Scott Hall - Does indy's occasionally but is best known for never overcoming his alcohol problems through all these years. Appeared on an episode of ESPN 60 a year or two ago depicting his failed relationship with his son and his boozing ways.

Shawn Michaels - Retired from in-ring work, will still make occasional appearances. Has developed a successful (I guess) hunting TV show.

Sean Waltman - Conflicting reports from a 2008 incident, he either attempted suicide or mistakenly mixed liquor and drugs. He went into WWE sponsored rehab afterwards. Late in 2011, he was arrested for drug possession. Still active on the indy's, most famous being the Chikara King of Trios in 2011 and he's returning to do it again next month. He's also done work for WWE over the past year as a scout/talent evaluator.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

the reason for the Punk & Lawler interaction has been for the ultimate purpose of setting a match up between the two. , the match will probably take place next week.
                    , I'm sorry but Punk won't work as a full fledged heel for the simple fact there are enough people in the crowds who will cheer him regardless why doesn't the WWE get it? And what makes even worse is the fact that you're having the guy feud with Cena and historically guys who feud with Cena always end up getting majority of the make male fans to side with them.

I know this might be a broken record by why not just turn Cena into the whiny jealous heel? You can do the simple "I gave you guys my heart,my life, and I even lost my wife for you fans yet you still week in week out from town to town don't show me RESPECT". Is Cena really getting that much from those t-shirt sales that he can't even suggest this to Vince? With the ratings doing okay and they only jumped this past week because Brock was advertised but I'm sure if you ran ads on how "Cena turned his back on the WWE" the ratings would jump quite a bit and I highly doubt that Cena would get the mixed reactions anymore he would get full fledged heel heat maybe even Hogan Bash at the Beach 96 type of heat.

I know its been proposed a million times but the WWE is really fucking themselves right now and they are leaving so much money on the table by not turning Cena. I don't get why Punk would be asking for respect? I get the whole PPV thing but why would he care his type of snarky asshole in a cool way character would just brush it off and brag about being champ for 9 months he would even say something like "Every match I'm in is the main event". So to me and a lot of people this new character Punk has makes absolutely no sense if you have been paying attention to his prior character for the past year.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Mike, we've been over this. You cant over analyze this shit. You will go batshit crazy. You cant care about or try to make sense of what happened in the past, because they themselves dont remember or care. They arent trying to feed you brain food, here. It's a show written to be easily digestible. Only this week matters.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

I don't think its real over analyzing I'm just asking for a tad bit of consistency. This current business model isn't going to work going forward for them.

Anyways anybody got some cool sign ideas? Going to RAW next week I'll try not to rage while watching the shit. I might make a sign that says "Cena jobbed to Liz"

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

Two new articles up at my site Voices of Wrestling (dont worry we promote VSN)

Why is the WWE using TOUT to promote major angles? http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/201...-major-angles/

Did You Know: Animal and Crush almost formed an LOD in 1992 http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/201...w-lod-in-1992/
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

And Mike, Cena will never turn heel because he is the face of the company, and the fact that they are pushing this product for the kids and all of his Make a Wish appearances, no way would they do it.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

And the huge money he brings in merchandise.

WWE is a public company, it doesn't answer to fans anymore, it answers to investors. There's no way you could sell turning one of their more profitable guys bad. I know WCW did it with Hogan, but WWE is it's OWN company not a line on Turner's block.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                                And the huge money he brings in merchandise.

WWE is a public company, it doesn't answer to fans anymore, it answers to investors. There's no way you could sell turning one of their more profitable guys bad. I know WCW did it with Hogan, but WWE is it's OWN company not a line on Turner's block.
                                And to be fair, Hogan's popularity was waning at that point. WCW had flirted with turning him prior to the big NWO angle. It was the era of the anti hero (ECW, Stone Cold, etc) and Hogan's red & yellow all american babyface shtick had gone stale. The timing was right when they finally did it.

Comment

Working...