X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by MikeChase27
    Looks like Johnboy went into business for himself on Monday Night Raw this guy is a prick.
    Unlike CM Punk, who has a legit gripe about never being in a main event, Cena does have a gripe, but is always in the main event, so they should cancel each other out. However, lets take a look at things since WM:

1.) Lose to The Rock at WM. We all knew it was going to happen. However, right after that.......

2.) Lesnar returns, and obliterates Cena each time he sees him. Cena continues to look like a bitch, and in the main event at Extreme Rules, gets run over by Lesnar, yet somehow pulled out the win. Now, no one cares about that match.

3.) Over The Limit comes, where everyone sees Cena in the main event beat the crap out of Big Johnny, yet Big Show comes back and knocks out Cena with his ridiculous finishing move, giving Johnny the win. This starts yet another feud with a super star that sees Cena constantly get knocked around, leading up to......

4.) Cena and Show at No Way Out in a cage match, with the winner deciding Big Johnny's fate. Show again beats the crap out of Cena, only to win with various superstars coming to the ring (lead by none other than Brodus Clay) to prevent Show from leaving the cage. And oh no, there is a near photo finish for who made it out of the cage.

5.) At Money In The Bank, Cena wins the match for the WWE championship title. All well and good, until Raw 1000 comes along, and Cena becomes the only super star to lose the title shot, and it's off of an interference call on Big Show and used as a storyline to push Rock and Punk. So yet again, we see Show and Cena pushed together, this time against the WWE title and Punk, where at SummerSlam

6.) We get an overbooked match, and an interesting finish. And on the next night at Raw, Cena cuts that promo and people are pissed

So yeah, Cena actually has a legit gripe, but since he is ALWAYS in the main event, he should just shut his mouth because he'll get another shot at the title. Yet he is one of the main reasons that the titles don't mean anything anymore, because Cena can still be in the main event without a title, and it's supposed to be the biggest match. And lets be honest, were the main events for Extreme Rules, Over The Limit and No Way Out in any way entertaining from a wrestling perspective? All they served were to advance story lines, except for Extreme Rules. I am still puzzled as to why they booked that the way it happened.

It seems that Cena is going to lose at Night of Champions in his home state, and he's pissed about it. Grow up, especially since he's making the most of everyone in all likelihood. This just proves that they never should have eliminated the amount of titles they have over the years. Gone are a Tag Team championship, Hardcore Championship, Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight as well as the European Championship. All could be used to get guys over differently than they are now, and give more of an opportunity for guys at all levels to hold a belt.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
      No longer a noob
      • Apr 2011

Cena isn't the only wrestler to lose his title shot. Kennedy lost his to Edge.

Comment

• IamMedellin
        Everything Burns...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
        Cena isn't the only wrestler to lose his title shot. Kennedy lost his to Edge.

Cena is the only one to have ever cashed in the briefcase and not become champion, Kennedy just lost the briefcase...he never got to actually cash in

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
          Unlike CM Punk, who has a legit gripe about never being in a main event, Cena does have a gripe, but is always in the main event, so they should cancel each other out. However, lets take a look at things since WM:

1.) Lose to The Rock at WM. We all knew it was going to happen. However, right after that.......

2.) Lesnar returns, and obliterates Cena each time he sees him. Cena continues to look like a bitch, and in the main event at Extreme Rules, gets run over by Lesnar, yet somehow pulled out the win. Now, no one cares about that match.

3.) Over The Limit comes, where everyone sees Cena in the main event beat the crap out of Big Johnny, yet Big Show comes back and knocks out Cena with his ridiculous finishing move, giving Johnny the win. This starts yet another feud with a super star that sees Cena constantly get knocked around, leading up to......

4.) Cena and Show at No Way Out in a cage match, with the winner deciding Big Johnny's fate. Show again beats the crap out of Cena, only to win with various superstars coming to the ring (lead by none other than Brodus Clay) to prevent Show from leaving the cage. And oh no, there is a near photo finish for who made it out of the cage.

5.) At Money In The Bank, Cena wins the match for the WWE championship title. All well and good, until Raw 1000 comes along, and Cena becomes the only super star to lose the title shot, and it's off of an interference call on Big Show and used as a storyline to push Rock and Punk. So yet again, we see Show and Cena pushed together, this time against the WWE title and Punk, where at SummerSlam

6.) We get an overbooked match, and an interesting finish. And on the next night at Raw, Cena cuts that promo and people are pissed

So yeah, Cena actually has a legit gripe, but since he is ALWAYS in the main event, he should just shut his mouth because he'll get another shot at the title. Yet he is one of the main reasons that the titles don't mean anything anymore, because Cena can still be in the main event without a title, and it's supposed to be the biggest match. And lets be honest, were the main events for Extreme Rules, Over The Limit and No Way Out in any way entertaining from a wrestling perspective? All they served were to advance story lines, except for Extreme Rules. I am still puzzled as to why they booked that the way it happened.

It seems that Cena is going to lose at Night of Champions in his home state, and he's pissed about it. Grow up, especially since he's making the most of everyone in all likelihood. This just proves that they never should have eliminated the amount of titles they have over the years. Gone are a Tag Team championship, Hardcore Championship, Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight as well as the European Championship. All could be used to get guys over differently than they are now, and give more of an opportunity for guys at all levels to hold a belt.
          I can not agree with this at all.

He jobbed to The Rock at WrestleMania...but was paid back for it by beating Brock Lesnar clean. Ever since, he's been put in middling storylines, sure...but he headlined PPVs with those middling programs.

I dunno if they'll have Punk and Cena at Night of Champions, but they should have Punk beat again. They are at least making some sort of waves by having Punk hold the title for a long time...they should ride it out until the Royal Rumble and hell, I'd have him lose the title to the Rock but come back during the Rumble and have him win the Rumble.

Cena doesn't need pushing...he's already been pushed to the moon and regardless of having the title or being stale as week old bread is the headline guy, title or no title.
          Punk could still use some pushing...not a whole lot more...but he could still use some pushing to get him to a Cena-like position.

Also, RE: The Titles...

They have lost all meaning...they should be used as instruments and rewards to the top guys...not as props to help get guys over. Sure, you can use the title to give guys a chance to see if they can take the ball and run with it, but you shouldn't be getting OUTTANOWHERE Money in the Bank cash-ins to give the title to mid-card geeks that can't even get over with a mid-card belt just to try and elevate them to a level they can't get to on their own.

More titles in an already watered down brand is bad news. They are already giving geeks like Santino US Title shots...the US TITLE. The same title that was WCW's mid-card belt...when you got the US Title you were either A) A veteran on the way down being put into a position to elevate a future performer or B) a guy being groomed for the top of the card. Now, its given to the geekiest geeks as a reward for time served as a geek.

The IC Title used to be the WWE's mid-card title and B-show main eventer on the House Show circuit. The title would be given to guys that could work, had a bit of a following, and could give fans good matches night in and night out on the Live Event circuit. Now, its given to guys that they really have no idea what to do with otherwise than give them this belt. You don't see the best workers get this belt anymore these days...you get guys like Cody Rhodes and The Miz.

The Money in the Bank award is now basically a defacto title...same thing they do with the belts is what they do with the briefcase. They bring it around as a sign of a guy that is getting a shot. I'd say the briefcase is more prestigious in the eyes of the workers than a US or IC title.

Imagine if they gave a guy a European title? They might as well wipe their ass with it.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

I'll be making a big poster out of this for RAW next hopefully they don't take it.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

Punk needs to be booked like Austin in 96.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                I can not agree with this at all.

He jobbed to The Rock at WrestleMania...but was paid back for it by beating Brock Lesnar clean. Ever since, he's been put in middling storylines, sure...but he headlined PPVs with those middling programs.

I dunno if they'll have Punk and Cena at Night of Champions, but they should have Punk beat again. They are at least making some sort of waves by having Punk hold the title for a long time...they should ride it out until the Royal Rumble and hell, I'd have him lose the title to the Rock but come back during the Rumble and have him win the Rumble.

Cena doesn't need pushing...he's already been pushed to the moon and regardless of having the title or being stale as week old bread is the headline guy, title or no title.
                Punk could still use some pushing...not a whole lot more...but he could still use some pushing to get him to a Cena-like position.

Also, RE: The Titles...

They have lost all meaning...they should be used as instruments and rewards to the top guys...not as props to help get guys over. Sure, you can use the title to give guys a chance to see if they can take the ball and run with it, but you shouldn't be getting OUTTANOWHERE Money in the Bank cash-ins to give the title to mid-card geeks that can't even get over with a mid-card belt just to try and elevate them to a level they can't get to on their own.

More titles in an already watered down brand is bad news. They are already giving geeks like Santino US Title shots...the US TITLE. The same title that was WCW's mid-card belt...when you got the US Title you were either A) A veteran on the way down being put into a position to elevate a future performer or B) a guy being groomed for the top of the card. Now, its given to the geekiest geeks as a reward for time served as a geek.

The IC Title used to be the WWE's mid-card title and B-show main eventer on the House Show circuit. The title would be given to guys that could work, had a bit of a following, and could give fans good matches night in and night out on the Live Event circuit. Now, its given to guys that they really have no idea what to do with otherwise than give them this belt. You don't see the best workers get this belt anymore these days...you get guys like Cody Rhodes and The Miz.

The Money in the Bank award is now basically a defacto title...same thing they do with the belts is what they do with the briefcase. They bring it around as a sign of a guy that is getting a shot. I'd say the briefcase is more prestigious in the eyes of the workers than a US or IC title.

Imagine if they gave a guy a European title? They might as well wipe their ass with it.
                I think you and I agree on things, I just didn't explain it well because it was late.

I do agree 100% about Cena and those PPVs, but like I said, his room to complain is mitigated by the fact that he headlined those events.

I also agree with you about the titles. However, bringing back some of them would allow for creative to book them like they used to- i.e. the US and IC belts being for upper mid-carders again, using them the same way you described them. However, I did neglect to say that creative would probably book them improperly, and it seems you think the same as well.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

TNA is starting the show with the Aces and 8s vs TNA rumble. Don't forget to watch

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                      TNA is starting the show with the Aces and 8s vs TNA rumble. Don't forget to watch
                      I'm guessing one or two of the lower guys gets revealed tonight.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

Robbie T getting a "steroids chant"

Comment

• SuperKevin
                          War Hero
                          • Dec 2009

Just when you thought the Claire Lynch story couldn't get any worse...

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

At least its over.

Also I wonder what the twist at the ending of Impact will be.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Glad I missed all of that. Though no more stupid than anything going on recently in WWE

Comment

• SuperKevin
                                War Hero
                                • Dec 2009

So much for the threat from Aces and 8s about it being a long violent night. 80 minutes in and nothing to show for it

Comment

Working...