X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzzy Powers
    Beautiful Like Moses
    • Oct 2008

Linda McMahon, former president and CEO of WWE, failed in her bid for a Senate seat in Connecticut, losing to Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy on Tuesday. This follows her 2010 loss to Richard Blumenthal in the race for the state's other seat in the Senate.

The total cost of losing two elections has ranged from $90 to $97 million, according to estimates. McMahon spent $50 million of her personal fortune in her failed 2010 campaign, and is believed to have spent $40 to $47 million the second time around.
    Between both campaigns, McMahon has now spent a cumulative total of over $90 million in pursuit of federal office. That is more than any other American in history.
    When the McMahon's fail.. they look to do it in epically expensive fashion.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Linda McMahon, former president and CEO of WWE, failed in her bid for a Senate seat in Connecticut, losing to Democratic Rep. Chris Murphy on Tuesday. This follows her 2010 loss to Richard Blumenthal in the race for the state’s other seat in the Senate.
      The total cost of losing two elections has ranged from $90 to $97 million, according to estimates. McMahon spent $50 million of her personal fortune in her failed 2010 campaign, and is believed to have spent $40 to $47 million the second time around. Between both campaigns, McMahon has now spent a cumulative total of over $90 million in pursuit of federal office. That is more than any other American in history.
      WWE Hall of Famer “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, who worked under the employ of McMahon, criticized her exorbitant spending on two failed Senate campaigns in a series of Twitter messages Wednesday. After asking his followers whether McMahon won her race, he wrote, “Can spend 90 million on a losing election but won’t give the people that earned that money for them medical or retirement help of any kind!”
      Piper then re-tweeted a message comparing her failed Senate campaigns to another McMahon family outside-the-ring venture that went bust; the World Bodybuilding Federation: “It’s like the WBF all over again; money spent on alternate endeavors earned from the blood & sweat of the boys.”
      Continuing to stick up for “the boys,” while also corroborating a rumor that mid-level WWE talent had to cover their hotel and travel expenses during WrestleMania XXVIII week in Miami, Florida despite the sports-entertainment organization generating a record-breaking $102.7 million in economic impact for Miami-Dade County, he also re-tweeted, “They can spend 90 mill on elections but still make midcarders pay their and their family own way for wrestlemania. crazy.”

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

Basically money spent on everything that's not wrestling:

XFL
        WBF
        WWF New York
        WWE Films
        Senate campaign
        Sugar Ray boxing match

List goes on.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          Johnny Curtis is another level of awful.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

I like how one of the words in the Curtis vignette is NAUGHTY.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

Man watching this stuff make me weep for the future.

Can't wait for Impact this week though.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

I'm going to tna impact tonight. I'm in a ble shirt and old school toronto blue jay hat. I'm trying to get on the rail

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

When was the last time someone got put through a table on a RAW?

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

Jim,

Here you go:

Now you can cream yourself over worked shoot promos, unprotected chairshots and aborted pregnancy angles.
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

I actually dig the Sgt. Peppers-esque cover. Perhaps one of the better box art the E has done.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by FedEx227
                        Jim,

Here you go:

Now you can cream yourself over worked shoot promos, unprotected chairshots and aborted pregnancy angles.
                        I don't want that edited shit.

Can't wait to see what Aries does tonight on Impact dude is the best heel on TV right now.

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

Oh right, they may blur out a middle finger.

Fuck the world.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                            No longer a noob
                            • Apr 2011

I must say, I wasn't a big fan of WWF Attitude era between the US/Canada feud until after the failed Invasion angle. I thought it was a lot of trash TV and style over substance. Having said that, I could watch Kurt Angle's milk truck clip on loop for months and still think it was one of the most epic things ever. It was the perfect satire and the perfect guy to pull it off. Total hypocrite move on my part, though. I thought Austin with the beer truck was cheesy as all hell.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

Honestly the AE is very overrated by fans the WWE product was at its best in 2002-2006.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Already enjoying this new commentary team they should be full time, The new guy is has really improved these past two weeks.

Comment

Working...