X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ravin
    Dishing the Gino's
    • Feb 2009

I don't know about you guys, but our Canada feed of RAW cut I think very early.

Spoiler for those who haven't watched Raw

They cut it just as HHH and Orton were punching each other inside the ring. All this huge build up with McMahon's coming to the ring and they spent more time on the intro and the beating of the security then they did on the part we wanted to see, which was the in ring stuff. Poor job done there on a moment that could have been amazing for this angle. This could have been an amazing segment and it turned into an alright one.
    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
      I don't know about you guys, but our Canada feed of RAW cut I think very early.

Spoiler for those who haven't watched Raw

They cut it just as HHH and Orton were punching each other inside the ring. All this huge build up with McMahon's coming to the ring and they spent more time on the intro and the beating of the security then they did on the part we wanted to see, which was the in ring stuff. Poor job done there on a moment that could have been amazing for this angle. This could have been an amazing segment and it turned into an alright one.
      It was the same here in the States.

After Orton and HHH traded off with making each other their bitch, there should have been a clear consensus that they shouldn't give away the payoff to their WM match...

HOWEVER, FUCK Uncle Vince and Co. for coming out Wild Bunch-style to fight Orton and his cronies.

...I mean come'on, you have HHH coming in like the Lone Surviving McMahon (aside from Linda) versus all odds to retain his title at WrestleMania... why fuck that up with gratuitous ballwashing?

Oh wait, it's a McMahon writing this.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

My picks for the big matches are...

Edge, Hunter, Taker (duh), Jericho, Hardy (, Jeff), JBL

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Interesting but not really shocking that they put Big Show over Cena. They almost had to. Other than the storyline that lead up to this title match, which made Cena feel like a throw-in, the actual match itself always seemed like it should be Cena-Edge, with Big Show feeling like a throw-in. So they try to make him look dangerous by putting him over Cena. Nobody expects him to win the WM, but that win tonight might put a bit of doubt in people's minds.

Seriously, if the wanted to make Big Show seem like a real threat, they should have been building him up for awhile. Doing it in the month prior to WM is sloppy booking to me.

Comment

• Ravin
            Dishing the Gino's
            • Feb 2009

The angle is sloppy. Having Show put in because he is sleeping with Vickie? I've said from the statrt "seriously WWE, is this the best you could come up with for 1/2 of the main event at WM25?".
            All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
              The angle is sloppy. Having Show put in because he is sleeping with Vickie? I've said from the statrt "seriously WWE, is this the best you could come up with for 1/2 of the main event at WM25?".
              HBK / Taker and HHH vs Orton are what is selling this PPV, sad but true.

i would not be shocked to see Taker fall, but with Shawn getting the uper had the last week im seeing it less and less now

if there is not a shane swerve at mania then they missed the boat.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                Formerly ravensownall17
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                My picks for the big matches are...

Edge, Hunter, Taker (duh), Jericho, Hardy (, Jeff), JBL
                I'll lay out my picks...

Edge...HHH...Taker...Legends (due to interference, of course)...Jeff...JBL...Kofi...missing anything?

I picked Kofi for MITB over on MM a few weeks ago and I'll stick with it...:2thumbs:

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Kofi has no shot IMO. They have done absolutely nothing with him since that forgetful tag run with Punk. Sucks but they do nothing with lots of the guys.

PWI reports Tazz's contract expired today and he has left the company. He did the Smackdown tapings last night and that appears to be his last TV date (this Friday). No word on who will fill in for him at Wrestlemania.

If he doesn't return, this would be the PERFECT opportunity to move JBL back to the announce booth after WM.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                    • Feb 2009

I honestly don't see the payoff to Michaels going over Taker. I could see Taker willingly doing the job and giving up the streak, just out of respect to Michaels. Especially if Michaels is close to retiring, as has been rumored. But does that really help Michaels at all? Is he going to get more over? Is it going to make his career any more respected?

As well, giving up the streak means the Undertaker is giving up his greatest accomplishment. He's going to go down as one of the best big men ever, who managed to put on great matches over a very long period of time (and some crap in there, too). He managed to make a typically pretty weak gimmick truly classic. Sure, he's held the title a number of times, but that really doesn't compare to some of his contemporaries such as Triple H and even now Edge, not to mention Cena eventually. The combined length of Undertaker's reigns is not that impressive, either. The only that truly makes him stand out, that no one will ever equal, is that streak. Ending it is taking away the Undertaker's greatest legacy. While that's a helluva nice retirement gift to give to Michael's, I just don't see it as being anywhere near worth it.

Comment

• calgaryballer
                      Tiote!
                      • Mar 2009

Was there a reason Tazz never looked to wrestle again? It just seems he got forced into the booth when he still had a lot to deliver in the ring. Is he still training guys?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Tazz had serious neck injuries which piled up over time, not to mention he was getting out of shape so he turned to the booth.

I would have been shocked if Taker lost to Shawn, it would have made no sense. If Taker ever does lose, it should be against a young guy to give him the rub, not to a nobody or even an old guy.

Comment

• BazookaJoe5
                          Formerly ravensownall17
                          • Feb 2009

Kofi has no shot IMO. They have done absolutely nothing with him since that forgetful tag run with Punk. Sucks but they do nothing with lots of the guys.
                          Couldn't the same be said for everyone else in the match, except for Punk who won't win again, and Kane...and maybe Henry? I narrow it to Kofi, MVP, and Shelton and there really is nothing to distinguish between them as far as I'm concerned. It could be any of them. I would guess MVP is probably the most likely since he can talk well, but I still feel like they would have done it sooner if they were going to push him hard.

The biggest mystery of WM is probably who will win the MITB match.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                            • Feb 2009

Tazz had serious neck injuries which piled up over time, not to mention he was getting out of shape so he turned to the booth.

I would have been shocked if Taker lost to Shawn, it would have made no sense. If Taker ever does lose, it should be against a young guy to give him the rub, not to a nobody or even an old guy.
                            The perfect time for Taker to lose the streak was against Orton a couple years ago. A clear superstar-in-the-making who was working the Legend Killer gimmick at the time. It ended up being unncessary, as Orton ended up hitting the heights anyway. That win might have just got him there a bit quicker.

Comment

• BigBiss
                              • Mar 2009

if this gets me Tazz showing up on inpact and choking out Don West im all for it

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                                Any one keeping up with King of Trios?

Besides my boys from st louis laying a egg looks like a pretty epic weekend.
                                Meant to answer this before. I really haven't been following. I've started to take a bit of interest in CHAKIRA, but haven't had the time to follow much of late.

Comment

Working...