X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
    Dude looked straight like Oz. But I like him saying he was going to chew through the roster and shit them out. That's your ONLYpay with Morgan. Monster upper card heel. Just fucking do it already.
    You know...I don't quite "get it" with Matt Morgan...the guy looks like a million bucks, he can talk, he's definitely not a stiff in the ring (he's no Kurt Angle either, but whatever)...

He's just not been in one feud or program that would ever make anyone give an iota of a fuck about him...never, not once has he been apart of a story that people would make them care about him.

A real shame. One of the real issues with wrestling today in the States is the lack of real programs and stories for guys to work with at all levels of the card. Matt Morgan has been with TNA for like five years and the only thing he's done of note is be someone's backup or tag team partner with a breakup that was never really resolved. All the while never moving up the card or having anything close to a match I can remember.

What is he again? Someone's backup (Joey Ryan).

Morgan looks like a guy that should be a constant at the top of TNAs card by now. Look, size, "natural ability"...he's not a dynamo in the ring, but when you are "7-foot-whatever", you don't need to be.

Comment

• dave
      Go the fuck outside
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle
      So... while Del Rio can't hold the boiling hot vat of hot coffee barehanded, Orton can with the use of magic napkins that can withstand the heat of a thousand suns.

Makes perfect sense.

Also, Alberto's boy ate not just the coffee to the face BUT another vat full of 5-alarm chili all over his dome.

If he's not covered in full burn unit bandages like the Invisible Man, I'll be surprised.
      I was worried for Roberto Rodriguez getting that cold gespacho all over his tuxedo.

I know this is gonna sound kinda serious ... but when I watched that, I pictured little kids dropping scalding hot pots of stuff on friends as a joke. The WWE made it seem kinda funny.
      My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        You know...I don't quite "get it" with Matt Morgan...the guy looks like a million bucks, he can talk, he's definitely not a stiff in the ring (he's no Kurt Angle either, but whatever)...

He's just not been in one feud or program that would ever make anyone give an iota of a fuck about him...never, not once has he been apart of a story that people would make them care about him.

A real shame. One of the real issues with wrestling today in the States is the lack of real programs and stories for guys to work with at all levels of the card. Matt Morgan has been with TNA for like five years and the only thing he's done of note is be someone's backup or tag team partner with a breakup that was never really resolved. All the while never moving up the card or having anything close to a match I can remember.

What is he again? Someone's backup (Joey Ryan).

Morgan looks like a guy that should be a constant at the top of TNAs card by now. Look, size, "natural ability"...he's not a dynamo in the ring, but when you are "7-foot-whatever", you don't need to be.
        Shame is the operative word. He's got a built-in gimmick. He's built better than 100% of the roster. Have him be "naturally" better than everyone, and cocky about it. Have it to where 1/2 the roster can't even knock the guy off his feet. The good thing TNA has going for it is they aren't WWE, land of the giants. Morgan's size still means something. They had the right idea with him running through the Main Event Mafia, but they got cold feet and changed their minds about him beating Angle. Just like they did with Roode, only they followed up with absolutely nothing. Now he's a lackey for Joey Ryan, ala Tomko with Styles. Just give the guy a run. At worst, he's Diesel or Sid Vicious. At best, he could possibly become a star.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2011

Which makes me wonder, what's SO bad about having a top heel who consistently wins clean? Why do they always have to undermine heels and make it seem like they can't win on their own. Wouldn't it make it a bigger deal to beat a top heel who actually is a good wrestler and doesn't have to cheat? Heel doesn't always have to mean chickenshit.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Saturday Morning Slam 11/3/2012

Features:
            Sin Cara vs El Local (Ricardo Rodriguez)
            Brodus Clay vs Cody Rhodes
            A feature on the day of the day of the dead including LA PARKA
            Supposedly the Sin Cara/Rodriguez match was a pretty good lucha style match. Haven't watched it yet.

Also, WWE putting over La Parka is interesting.

With the new network coming, doing another Lucha show like the old Super Astros they did briefly in the 90's wouldn't be the worst idea. But they are already talking about adding a Cruiserweight show, so i'm not sure how they are going to tape Saturday Morning Slam, Superstars, Main Event, & the cruiserweight show, let alone adding anything else, without doing another taping somewhere.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
              Which makes me wonder, what's SO bad about having a top heel who consistently wins clean? Why do they always have to undermine heels and make it seem like they can't win on their own. Wouldn't it make it a bigger deal to beat a top heel who actually is a good wrestler and doesn't have to cheat? Heel doesn't always have to mean chickenshit.
              But kids would stop watching.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Dragon Gate USA: Uprising 2012 - starts in about two hours, I will be live tweeting, follow our Voices of Wrestling page here http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/201...-november-2-4/ or follow @JoeMLanza

Order the show here www.wwnlive.com

Just hook the laptop up to the TV, kick back, and watch 3 hours world class wrestling for under $10. Give something new a chance, especially if you bitch & complain about WWE & TNA all the time.

Dragon Gate USA
                Uprising 2012
                Flyers Skate Zone
                601 Laurel Oak Rd.
                Voorhees, NJ 08043
                Saturday, November 3rd, 2012
                Belltime: 8pm

Already signed:

Open The United Gate Title Match
                CIMA & AR Fox defend vs. Genki Horiguchi & Ryo Saito

Bonus Tag Team Main Event
                Ricochet & Rich Swann vs. Super Smash Brothers

2/3 Falls Match
                El Generico vs. Sami Callihan

Anything Goes Match - Non-Title
                Johnny Gargano vs. Jon Davis

Special Challenge Match
                Akira Tozawa vs. Samuray Del Sol

Tag Team Challenge Match
                Arik Cannon & Pinkie Sanchez vs. Jigsaw & Fire Ant

Tag Team Attraction
                Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak & Orange Cassidy vs. Scott Reed, Caleb Konley & ???

Bonus Match For Live Crowd Only - Belltime 7:30pm
                ACH vs. EITA

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Funny but sad piece by Greg Irons and scummy people on the indy scene.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

In front of 220 fans in Clayton, New Jersey, Florida independent wrestler & NWA National champion THE TOKYO MONSTER Kahagas, who was not even booked in the match, won the 8-man elimination bout to become your new NWA World Heavyweight champion.

Kahagas worked the FUW portion of the EVOLVE shows earlier this year, and believe me when I say, the guy is nothing special. He does a gimmick where he can't cut promos, and is't very big for a guy who calls himself a monster.

Meanwhile, Colt Cabana, with 100,000 twitter followers, a popular podcast, name value, etc was sent packing by the new NWA braintrust.

I don't get it.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

Compared to this.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

What in the fuck is that?

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                          War Hero
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          What in the fuck is that?
                          The promo to get you to buy the PPV/

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              Supposedly the Sin Cara/Rodriguez match was a pretty good lucha style match. Haven't watched it yet.

Also, WWE putting over La Parka is interesting.

With the new network coming, doing another Lucha show like the old Super Astros they did briefly in the 90's wouldn't be the worst idea. But they are already talking about adding a Cruiserweight show, so i'm not sure how they are going to tape Saturday Morning Slam, Superstars, Main Event, & the cruiserweight show, let alone adding anything else, without doing another taping somewhere.
                              Here's the Sin Cara/"El Local" AKA Rodriguez match:

Quality's iffy but it's better than VHS at least.

Also, SPECIAL LIGHTING!

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Not a bad little jobber-to-the-stars type match right there. I like stuff like that.

I'd like to see more of "El Local", I like those one step above total jobber type characters in the vein of Brooklyn Brawler or the Conquistadors or Kato or Iron Mike Sharpe.

Comment

Working...