• Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
    When is the next WWE ppv?
    Sunday

Comment

• BigBiss
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      It reminded me of some of the shit Fritz Von Erich pulled, including faking a heart attack after David Von Erich died and drawing money off of it. Also, selling thousands of autographed 8X10's of David that were signed by office staff long after David was dead. They squeezed every dollar out of that kid's death.

At the end of the day though, if Lawler was ok with it, I don't take issue. Lawler is an old school carny who probably doesn't give a shit. He doesn't take this stuff seriously, it's just a silly business to him.
      I Assume Lawler wrote most of it has his finger prints all over it

Comment

• JimLeavy59
        War Hero
        • May 2012

Lawler is old school so I understand him being cool with it, But I didn't like that they had footage of him being put into the ambulance. That really makes me think if Owen had lived Vince would have shown footage of that.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

PAC is now known as...Adrian Neville lol

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Apparently, WWE may sign Ricky Reyes.

If it's true, nice.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

So, they turned Joe Anoa'i (Rosey's brother) into Roman Reigns...I kinda dig the name...looks the part, got the charisma, can talk a little bit, still learning to work though, but definitely an athletic guy.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                Apparently, WWE may sign Ricky Reyes.

If it's true, nice.
                Wait, wut?

Ricky Reyes of ROH fame? Are you sure you arent confused with Rocky Romero?

Ricky Reyes is the shits and like 5'3". Romero is all kinds of awesome...and like 5'5"....but still, he is all kinds of awesome.

I'd rather see Reyes signed because I love watching Romero in New Japan, but i'd feel terrible for Romero & Homicide that the shitty member of the old Havana Pitbulls got signed before they did. I'd even sign Julius Smokes before Reyes.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

If Jinder Mahal can get a paycheck and a push, why not the less entertaining half of the Pitbulls?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                    If Jinder Mahal can get a paycheck and a push, why not the less entertaining half of the Pitbulls?
                    Jinder Mahal is pretty good on NXT.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Jinder Mahal is like 6'3", with a nice physique (no homo), and a unique look for the company.

Ricky Reyes is a midget, with no charisma, who is a shitty worker, with a generic look.

I'm baffled by this one.

DOES ANYBODY IN WWE EVER WATCH THE SECOND BIGGEST ORGANIZATION ON EARTH? Romero is just like Reyes...if Reyes had charisma, a good look, and was a world class worker.

I'm just so confused right now.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

I always enjoy the response to my columns. In the wake of JUMPED THE SHARK, my offering earlier this week, we’ve established that I’m fat. So, obviously, I don’t know what I’m talking about. Because I’M FAT! Do you realize how stupid and immature you are when you write that? And how irrelevant that is? […]

And another good article by Mark Madden.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

LOLOLOLOL @ Sandow staying in character for interviews...

Did He Read Comics as a Kid?: As a child I was not allowed to read those things. Grandma Sandow would read from the likes of "War and Peace" for my bedtime stories. And as I developed into a teenager, it was something that I never, ever, got the opportunity to dive into. However with all these movies coming out it's impossible to go outside without being influenced by [them] and I've actually seen quite a few: "Marvel's The Avengers," "Iron Man," and there is quite an interest. I can only wonder if I was somewhat deprived as a child from being told I can't read comic books and things of that sort.

On Trying to Use Debate Before Resorting to Physical Altercations: Perhaps before we go banging things with a hammer or flying through the air smashing spaceships and doing lord knows what with lord knows who, we can sit down, and attempt to talk our problems out. Reason should be the spearhead in the weapon of combat. Before physical combat is even engaged, combat of reason and intellects should be engaged, because if we can do that, we can save ourselves a lot of trouble, a lot of physical and mental anguish.

On His Friendship With Cody Rhodes: Off the top of my head, there are flaws with everyone, which is testament to Cody Rhodes in his intellect as a gentleman. I am very particular about whom I associate with, and I will neither associate with a brute, ruffian, or an ill-mannered ignoramus. You know, Cody has all those bases covered in that he is a gentleman, he knows how to conduct himself in and out of the ring and it is a pleasure tagging with him.

On Sunday's Survivor Series Match: Well number one because I am on it. Number two, because Mick Foley's team is named after someone who is not even competing in the match. And if you look at, on one hand you have myself and Cody, and then Kane and Daniel Bryan. Cody and I have proven that we have the ability to beat Kane and Daniel Bryan in the past, you have Wade Barrett, a bare-knuckle fighter versus Kofi Kingston, the man jumps around now claiming he can fly. He actually has a t-shirt that says "I Can Fly"—that's ridiculous. Does the man think he's Spider-Man or Iron Man, with his suit on, claiming he has the ability to fly through the air like some kind of a bird? No. Then we have Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton; Alberto clearly demonstrates class in and out of the ring. Whereas Randy Orton names himself after a reptile and then you have the Miz, who was on our team and now switched to this team so the man can't even make up his mind. So it logically dictates which team will be the victors this Sunday.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Sandow is one of the few bright spots in the WWE right now.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              LOLOLOLOL @ Sandow staying in character for interviews...

Did He Read Comics as a Kid?: As a child I was not allowed to read those things. Grandma Sandow would read from the likes of "War and Peace" for my bedtime stories. And as I developed into a teenager, it was something that I never, ever, got the opportunity to dive into. However with all these movies coming out it's impossible to go outside without being influenced by [them] and I've actually seen quite a few: "Marvel's The Avengers," "Iron Man," and there is quite an interest. I can only wonder if I was somewhat deprived as a child from being told I can't read comic books and things of that sort.

On Trying to Use Debate Before Resorting to Physical Altercations: Perhaps before we go banging things with a hammer or flying through the air smashing spaceships and doing lord knows what with lord knows who, we can sit down, and attempt to talk our problems out. Reason should be the spearhead in the weapon of combat. Before physical combat is even engaged, combat of reason and intellects should be engaged, because if we can do that, we can save ourselves a lot of trouble, a lot of physical and mental anguish.

On His Friendship With Cody Rhodes: Off the top of my head, there are flaws with everyone, which is testament to Cody Rhodes in his intellect as a gentleman. I am very particular about whom I associate with, and I will neither associate with a brute, ruffian, or an ill-mannered ignoramus. You know, Cody has all those bases covered in that he is a gentleman, he knows how to conduct himself in and out of the ring and it is a pleasure tagging with him.

On Sunday's Survivor Series Match: Well number one because I am on it. Number two, because Mick Foley's team is named after someone who is not even competing in the match. And if you look at, on one hand you have myself and Cody, and then Kane and Daniel Bryan. Cody and I have proven that we have the ability to beat Kane and Daniel Bryan in the past, you have Wade Barrett, a bare-knuckle fighter versus Kofi Kingston, the man jumps around now claiming he can fly. He actually has a t-shirt that says "I Can Fly"—that's ridiculous. Does the man think he's Spider-Man or Iron Man, with his suit on, claiming he has the ability to fly through the air like some kind of a bird? No. Then we have Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton; Alberto clearly demonstrates class in and out of the ring. Whereas Randy Orton names himself after a reptile and then you have the Miz, who was on our team and now switched to this team so the man can't even make up his mind. So it logically dictates which team will be the victors this Sunday.
                              This reminds me of a fairly well known wrestler who uses a very goofy sort of gimmick, who I approached to do our podcast. He responded to all of my emails in character, and agreed to do the interview. I called him to sort out a date/time, and he was still in character. I explained to him that the style of interview we do is no kayfabe, and asked if he would be willing to drop the gimmick.

"What's a gimmick?" was his response.

So yeah, I thanked him for his time a politely declined. The emails were hilarious, though.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Eric Young doesn't do gimmicks bro.

Comment

Working...