• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FedEx227
    Delivers
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
    Wait a cotton picking minute.

That's John Walters from 2003-04ish ROH? Thought that guy was done with wrestling years ago.
    THAT'S WHO THAT WAS!

I watched it, but was in bed so didn't feel like looking up his background but the entire time I was thinking, "I know who that is..." He was boring as shit during his ROH run.
    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JayDizzle
      Punk got his rematch with Rock at EC.

Del Rio is still feuding Big Show.

The Shield killed Cena/Sheamus/Ryback.

Ziggler is back in a feud with Jericho, who came back at this year's Royal Rumble.

Heyman got caught on tape as the guy who's paying The Shield to kill everybody on RAW and Smackdown.

Vince was going to fire Heyman but Brock Lesnar came back.

Lesnar hatefucked Vince to death to end the show.
      I had to work to close last night so I missed it. A friend of mine texted me right at 9:30 saying how awful it was. He stopped watching and missed the Jericho/Ziggler segment, as well as Lesnar coming out.

I know we've discussed it here before, but RAW needs to go back to two hours. The 9-10 hour is already causing people to stop watching before the main event. I don't think we would have discussed how bad this RAW was, even at three hours, if we still had the consistent two hour show.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

RAW is longer than PPVs.

Think about that one for a minute.

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Jason Chae, a writer on Voices of Wrestling, plays Monday Morning Booker,looks at the Royal Rumble and gives some thoughts on the direction of WWE.

I decided for every WWE Pay Per View I watch, I’ll write a recap column and analyze the results. I don’t have the budget or desire to watch more than a few WWE PPVs a year, so this won’t be very frequent but generally, I don’t miss the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania. Also I realize it’s not Monday morning anymore, I’ll pretend I haven’t see Raw yet…
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
            THAT'S WHO THAT WAS!

I watched it, but was in bed so didn't feel like looking up his background but the entire time I was thinking, "I know who that is..." He was boring as shit during his ROH run.
            Walters did suck, but the RJ Brewer character is great.

Lucha Libre USA is my wrestling guilty pleasure. It's silly, its goofy, but I love it. I die every time I see that video of Brewer patrolling the border while random luchadores are hopping the fence behind him.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Here's the piece from Nightline

I love how at the end, the geek reporter is like "We tried to contact Arizona Gov. Brewer for comment, but she refused to return calls"

Seriously? It's a pro wrestling heel, you idiots. I can't believe they attempted to make a story out of this.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                War Hero
                • May 2012

I remember when JBL patrolled the boarder.

If Brock Lesnar quit the WWE why did he come out with a brand new t-shirt?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                  I remember when JBL patrolled the boarder.

If Brock Lesnar quit the WWE why did he come out with a brand new t-shirt?
                  Jimmy Johns, nigga.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                    War Hero
                    • Dec 2009

That interview was great. Love how he's staying in character and they think it's 100% real

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                      That interview was great. Love how he's staying in character and they think it's 100% real
                      When she asked if this was all part of his act, he should have reached over the table and gave her the Dr. D David Schultz smartening up

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                        War Hero
                        • May 2012

WWE’s monthly business figures for December were released today and estimates the buyrate for WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs at 170,000 buys. That number is slightly down from the 179,000 buys for the 2011 version of the show; the 2010 edition drew 195,000 buys.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Wonder if that includes replay buys after the great word of mouth.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

That's good news for Punk, and bad news for The Ryback.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

One of my sources just spotted a ragged looking Cary Silkin tossing dice at a craps table at the Sands in Atlantic City.

And it wasn't an expensive table.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                                War Hero
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                                That's good news for Punk, and bad news for The Ryback or Cena.
                                Agreed I heard people going on about how TLC might do a big buyrate because of Ryberg.

And speaking of the TLC PPV the WWE has done a very good job with The Shield so far.

Comment

Working...