X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
    Heel Rock would be great. Have him completely changed by the glamour of Hollywood.

I honestly thought that would have been a money gimmick for a guy like Ted Dibiase Jr or the Miz. Come back from making some really shitty straight to DVD movie and act like you are some sort of A list star who is above this joke of professional wrestling
    Great gimmick if anyone ever wanted to take the ball and run with that one.

Comment

• SuperKevin
      War Hero
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Great gimmick if anyone ever wanted to take the ball and run with that one.
      It's one of two gimmicks I would love to run with if I ever became a wrestler on the indy scene. The other being a completely over the top parody of MMA fighters with the shitty clothes, the ridiculous entourage, and the super overconfident douchebag attitude

Comment

• MrBill
        Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        You'd be a raging alcoholic/drug addict too if you were the product of incest, and your old man physically & mentally abused you & all of your siblings.
        Truth

Such a shame too, Jake is a brilliant wrestling mind, by all rights he should be working behind the scenes for a major company crafting promos and coming up with stories.
        Absolutely. If he can stay clean, it seems he would be a great asset to one of the bigger promotions.

Comment

• BigBiss
          • Mar 2009

Vince never knew ECW existed until Sunny handed him a VHS tape before a Shotgun Saturday Night taping and said "you NEED to watch this."

Vince is completely unaware of what's going on outside the bubble, he isnt chilling on YouTube watching Botchamania sharing a laugh with Kevin Dunn.

Vince probably has never seen an ROH match in his life, and probably only is aware of it because Punk talks about it and maybe he hears agents bring it up when they sign people.

Vince has no clue.
          they think ROH is overly spotty wrestling, i know Bill Demont is know for saying "none of that ROH shit" when he sees shit he dont like at training

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
            they think ROH is overly spotty wrestling, i know Bill Demont is know for saying "none of that ROH shit" when he sees shit he dont like at training
            Yeah, I think "ROH shit" is something that doesn't even exist anymore, and maybe never did. It's the catch-all phrase people like DeMott use for SPOTS.

When ROH was the ROH that we all remember fondly, it was all people who have gone on to be very successful...Punk, Joe, Daniels, Aries, Nigel, Claudio, Generico, Homicide, Sydal, Shelley, Danielson, etc etc. All went on to have varying degress on national success, or are climbing the ladder as we speak. But in 2005, none of them "knew how to work", supposedly. Thats not to say they didnt have warts, you are always improving, but they all knew how to work, and thats why ROH was so great for about 4 or 5 years.

That style doesn't even exist anymore. The Japan inspired indie stuff was all the rage until about 2007, 2008, when it started to fade. PWG is the only place where you still see some of that, and even there, head drops and shit are largely gone. Davey Richards is like the only guy who still does that old school (my god, I cant believe im typing this) ROH style.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

I really wish they didn't have Punk come out. But I knew they would.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                War Hero
                • May 2012

Undertaker is a demon but Punk will have to answer to God for disrespecting Paul Bearer? Say what?!?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Yeah, this Fandango gimmick won't get old at all.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

I actually got to see Fandago live last night, pretty funny actually.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Danielson breaking out the top rope suplex was cool.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

FactoryMade Ventures, which with Robert Rodriguez co-owns Tres Pistoleros Studios and the soon-to-launch El Rey Network, has formed a joint venture with Lucha Libre AAA, the popular Mexican wrestling league. The plan is to re-imagine, operate and expand the league in the U.S.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                          • Jul 2009

"OH YOU WERE NOT AWARE OF THIS? YOUR POSTERIOR BETTER CONTACT SOMEONE AT ONCE!"

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Yeah, this Fandango gimmick won't get old at all.
                            my buddy who hasnt watched in for ever loves it ... I dont get it

Comment

• krulmichael
                              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                              • Feb 2009

Holy shit...I can't believe Rhodes Scholars actually copied a meme! This shit was posted last Thursday...

Twitch Channel
                              http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                              Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                              Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                              Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                              Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Faaaahhhndaaaahhngooo is faaaaahtastic.