X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Madden is now just putting himself over, while calling everybody "marks" to boot.

This "story" is dead, he needs a new soapbox to stand on.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
      It "looks bad" in the same way that a WWE heel (Del Rio, I think) looked bad when some retard mom called him out for "bullying" her kid by ripping up a sign. You can spin almost anything if you try hard enough. If Hemme was offended and complained, fair enough. It was handled, apology given, and they move on. But calling for Ares to be fired? The fuck is it to you? I don't know if I can really claim I had respect for Madden before this but definitely don't know.
      Heels are supposed to be bad guys. Supposed to be bullies. LMFAO @ people getting bent out of shape over heels being heels.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Madden is now just putting himself over, while calling everybody "marks" to boot.

This "story" is dead, he needs a new soapbox to stand on.
        When he gets on his soapbox...its unbearable.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

This is how WWE should handle a Cena turn if they ever decide to go down that road.

For those unfamiliar, Johnny Gargano was becoming a John Cena like superhero babyface in Dragon Gate USA. Overcoming ridiculous odds, holding the title forever (something like 600 days now), white meat babyface hero to the point it was on the verge of becoming annoying.

So he has this classic match at WrestleMania weekend with Shingo, one of the top stars of Dragon Gate in Japan, and a guy who hasn't been to America in like 3 or 4 years. Watch the video and see what happens.

Basically his heel antics ruined a great match with a special opponent, with the story being he couldn't put Shingo away to win otherwise, so now Gargano is doing a mock up/lack of self awareness white meat babyface deal as a heel. It's actually pretty brilliant and has pumped new life into what was becoming a pretty stale scene in DGUSA.

My point here, is Cena would be perfect in the "heel who has no idea he's a heel" wink wink role.
          You know how much I loved this shit. It was done with perfection. Truly one of the most well crafted turns on the Indie scene since, dare I say, Punk?

And, I 100% agree, this is the way to turn Cena. But, here is the problems with turning Cena heel...

1) He doesn't want to be a heel...he isn't a bad guy in any way...this dude is a hoss when it comes to being a company man and doing shit for kids. The minute he's even a *wink wink* heel, all of that shit gets pushed aside and no one on the corporate level OR Cena himself really wants that.

2) I've been thinking about a Cena heel turn...and honestly...the crowd reaction will not change. Instead of the smarkies booing him, they'll cheer him. The GenPop will boo him, instead of cheer. Same reaction, just going about it in a different way.

3) Merch. They haven't actually changed the Cena shirts in years...its just different colors and its always the highest selling shirts on WWEShop or at shows. Kids eat up his merch.

I understand the logical storyline POV. I just don't think it'll ever be in the cards while he's at where he's at. They've had a ton of opportunity to turn him over the past half-decade-plus and they've seemingly never batted an eye at the idea.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

fwiw I would not turn him.

I'm just saying that rewatching that Gargano angle got me to thinking, that if they do turn him at some point, this is how I would do it.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

That turn is exactly how they should turn him if they do.

The Rock was a perfect character and program to do it with, too, IMO.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

The only way I'd ever turn Cena heel, or rather reluctant heel, is if McMahon came back in a full-time role. Then you have othe built-in story of Cena being a company man and always wanting to do whatever McMahon commands. Some new babyface comes along and gets reactions. McMahon opposes him and throws the kitchen sink at him to no avail, finally recruiting Cena who gets worn down by McMahon's badgering.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                  War Hero
                  • May 2012

I think the WWE is starting to see that Ambrose might have the most big money potential out of the three members of The Shield, Ambrose has this swagger to him maybe its just The Shield gimmick but Ambrose is just shining in this role.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                    I think the WWE is starting to see that Ambrose might have the most big money potential out of the three members of The Shield, Ambrose has this swagger to him maybe its just The Shield gimmick but Ambrose is just shining in this role.
                    Ambrose is just killing it on Smackdown. Too bad nobody watches.

And I believe you're right. Ever since Undertaker put him over to management and requested the singles match, he's really become the focus of the group. He gets the call whenever they need a singles match out of them, and he's going to beat Kofi for the US Title. It's become clear Kofi's win over Cesaro was a transitional deal.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Sami Zayn (El Generico) has been told to slow down and not do so many high spots. The feeling is he’s really good, very intelligent, good promos (which nobody knew about) and they like the spots he does but not to do so many in a match. Plus, there is fear that even though he’s not showing the signs of it today since he’s still young, that all the bumps and crazy moves he did already could catch up to him if he doesn’t tone it down, and longevity once he makes the main roster is what the company would be hoping for and is best for him financially.
                      Cream rises to the top. Arguably the best wrestler in the world, and like Daniel Bryan, so talented that I think he will succeed no matter what they toss at him.
                      Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 05-16-2013, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Regarding Cesaro, there is a general feeling that he’s right near the top of the best workers in the company, and he’s also described as having no problems, in the sense everyone in the locker room respects him, thinks he’s great in the ring, no drug issues or immaturity issues. There are those who think he should be in the top mix right now but there are others who find him boring, including some of the most important people, and that’s why he’s in the position he’s in even with his size and in-ring.
                        I could never understand why it took so long to sign him. I remember saying in 2007, 2008 that if he signed with WWE he would immediately be one of the top five workers in the company, if not better.

Comment

• Leftwich
                          Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

So im sure the vast majority don't give a shit but i'm playing TEW2013 which is a wrestling sim. I followed WWE's storylines up until i brought back King of the ring and now i wanna take the title off Ziggler at Summerslam. I need a good 2 month feud with someone against him. Who should it be? I'm really pushing the fuck out of John Hennigan after signing him, so i was thinking have him win MITB and cash it in at Summerslam. Any ideas?

Originally posted by Tailback U
                          It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

I could never understand why it took so long to sign him. I remember saying in 2007, 2008 that if he signed with WWE he would immediately be one of the top five workers in the company, if not better.
                            He was signed in the early part of the 2000s but weirdly got released. Rumors about drugs or something always came up but there was never a definitive answer. I'd imagine he was hands off for a few years after that causing them to wait so long.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

The WWE had Sin Cara beat Wade Barrett?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

Masaaki Mochizuki has his 2500th match tonight.

One of your all time grinder/workhorses. Maybe one of the most underrated or underappreciated workers of all time.

Comment

Working...