X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BRUCE80
    Tradition Football
    • Mar 2009

Enjoy those podcasts a bunch man...thanks.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

I'll give the podcast a listen when I have a chance.

figured I would also throw out an offer. I have a ton of WCW stuff, mainly full PPVs. I found a slick new way to download the stuff I'm missing this weekend so I'm adding most of the PPVs I was missing and hope to get all of the Nitro's and Thunders in the next while. For another site, I've started uploading a bunch of it and posting the links. I don't really wanna just post the links here - call me a bastard but they're my uploads and I really don't want them shared around. But if anyone wants some, shoot me a PM and I can give you some of the links. I can also do requests for specific WCW events. May not be able to do it ASAP if I don't have it yet, but I'll try. Just have a random selection up right now.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

During a recent interview with PWTorch.com (5/17), former WWE writer Andrew Goldstein named 3MB as the superstars that WWE should cut first during the next round of main roster releases:

“It’s just like, you know, hire locals. Why do we have to trop these guys out? To me, they’re not so entertaining. Apparently, the redhead (Heath Slater), he’s very well-liked backstage,” Goldstein said.

“Every week, to see them get crushed by The Shield and then by Brock, and they’re like the new jobbers. They’re main roster guys and they have gimmicks, but they’re basically …” Goldstein said before he was interrupted.

Goldstein was a member of the WWE writing team in 2006.
        I don't understand what this guy is even talking about.

Enhancement talent is a good thing. That is what 3MB is.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          I don't understand what this guy is even talking about.

Enhancement talent is a good thing. That is what 3MB is.
          Yeah, I don't get it either. It's a vital role in wrestling, and WWE has used jobbers (and more appropriately in this case, jobbers-to-the-stars) for decades. And 3MB are very good at, especially Heath Slater, who is pretty much awesome, and that's the guy he chose to pick on. Makes no sense.

This is what happens when you hire non wrestling people to write wrestling. Also, it would be nice if Keller would have let him finish his thought, i'm curious where that was going before he was "interrupted".

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
            Yeah, I don't get it either. It's a vital role in wrestling, and WWE has used jobbers (and more appropriately in this case, jobbers-to-the-stars) for decades. And 3MB are very good at, especially Heath Slater, who is pretty much awesome, and that's the guy he chose to pick on. Makes no sense.

This is what happens when you hire non wrestling people to write wrestling. Also, it would be nice if Keller would have let him finish his thought, i'm curious where that was going before he was "interrupted".
            Non-wrestling folks writing for wrestling has been one of the worst things to ever happen to wrestling.

They just don't get it.

Jobbers and enhancement talent are vital to the process of developing talent. Considering the WWE doesn't often develop talent these days like they used to, tells me that the writing staff just doesn't understand this.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

Is it just me or...does Daniel Bryan get some of the biggest pops every night in the E?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Is it just me or...does Daniel Bryan get some of the biggest pops every night in the E?
                Would be nice if they would capitalize on it and break him out of this knockoff Eric Young routine now.

Comment

• XavierDZ
                  Noob
                  • Apr 2013

I'm still waiting for the Daniel Brian vs. Cody Rhodes Beard vs Mustache match.

Comment

• XavierDZ
                    Noob
                    • Apr 2013

Also can anyone tell me what those holes in the HITC were for? They seem so random.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by XavierDZ
                      Also can anyone tell me what those holes in the HITC were for? They seem so random.
                      Probably for the camera operators to be able to stick the camera in so they get shots without chain link

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                        Probably for the camera operators to be able to stick the camera in so they get shots without chain link
                        Bingo.

Comment

• XavierDZ
                          Noob
                          • Apr 2013

But how do you explain the ones at the top of the cage?

Comment

• SuperKevin
                            War Hero
                            • Dec 2009

But how do you explain the ones at the top of the cage?
                            Maybe for crane rigging? I don't know

Comment

• XavierDZ
                              Noob
                              • Apr 2013

That's the big question to me, since some are pointed towards the entrance and not the hard cam. Just always interested me, felt I'd ask.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

That's the big question to me, since some are pointed towards the entrance and not the hard cam. Just always interested me, felt I'd ask.
                                The WWE has a ton of cameras everywhere so they can take video or still photos everywhere. Its difficult in a cage because the chains get in the way (I prefer the old steel cages with bigger slots, not the chain link fencing they have now). Most of them are for taking pictures and for getting clear views with the videography.

The on top might be for the rigging, but also, they have gotten pictures from the top of the cage, so maybe its for that, too.

Comment

Working...