X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • s@ppisgod
    No longer a noob
    • Apr 2011

Is the Wellness policy going to drug test that Miami crowd, because I'm pretty sure they were on steroids. What was up with that, Larry? Did a lot of the WM crowd stick around Miami for Raw the next night or does South Beach just have a big 'ol boner for Danielson? That crowd was reminiscent of a top late 90's MNW crowd. They were really impressive.

And LULZ supr hrd at Vince. The crowd is DYING to see Danielson, but nope. Of course he has the hottest segment after Raw goes off the air. How in the world do guys like him, or Bischoff way back when, run these gigantic companies with the mind-set of a 4-year old?

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Plz do that podcast about vince...

I will Spam the Fuk out of Paul Heyman and Dave Lagana on twitter to get them to appear on the podcast

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

The Miami crowd was great and they were just in that wrestling mood, I guess.

Overall, pretty respectful, pretty smart, very hot.

All weekend long...similar crowd at the DG shows, the ROH shows, and every trog I talked to, went or was going to WrestleMania, too...I assume a lot of that crowd went to RAW, too.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
          No longer a noob
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          The Miami crowd was great and they were just in that wrestling mood, I guess.

Overall, pretty respectful, pretty smart, very hot.

All weekend long...similar crowd at the DG shows, the ROH shows, and every trog I talked to, went or was going to WrestleMania, too...I assume a lot of that crowd went to RAW, too.
          It seemed like a pre-PG crowd. Lots of 13-35 year old males, with some kids sprinkled in. Testosterone is a huge key to all the great crowds, whether it's Charlotte, NY, the MITB Chicago crowd, Philly, etc. I wish they wouldn't pander to kids as much as they do. It really takes away from the presentation of the product when you have squeaky-voiced little boys and girls chanting "Cena!", as opposed to a more Coliseum-esque chanting of "Yes! Yes! Yes!" or on occasion (though it shouldn't have been Monday) "Holy shit!"

With the teen-adult male audience, it has more of an actual athletic event feel. With the kids, it really comes off on TV like a local theater group. The WWE's writing doesn't help that at all. I'm looking at you, Santino.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Dragon tweeted his new shirt may be out as soon as Monday.

Would be surprised if it's not. They'll be in D.C. for RAW so hopefully those people smarten up.

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

It's the WrestleMania Weekend Spectacular as Joe Lanza (@JoeMLanza) and Rich Kraetsch (@richkraetsch) discuss and review all the shows this past weekend include WWE's WrestleMania 28, Ring of Honor's Showdown in the Sun and Dragon Gate USA's Mercury Rising. Joe and Rich discuss their favorite matches at WrestleMania, what disappointed them about the Triple H/Undertaker match and why they loved The Rock and John Cena's match. Joe and Rich also discuss the $1.99 iPPV offering from Dragon Gate USA and their follow-up show and how they dealt with and overcame a number of injuries to top stars. Lastly, Joe and Rich discuss Ring of Honor's weekend offerings including a sure-fire Match of the Year candidate and why the weekend as a whole was extremely disappointing for Ring of Honor. Check it out and be sure to participate in the next show as we're going to begin taking email questions.

0:00-1:00 - WWE WrestleMania 28
              1:00-1:41 - Dragon Gate USA "Mercury Rising"
              1:41-2:18 - Ring of Honor "Showdown in the Sun"

Publishing Podcasts for Free since 2005. Record, Publish, Distribute, and Monetize Your Podcast on Desktop or Any Mobile Device. Share Your Voice with the World.

VSD Wrestling Podcast - Episode #003 - WrestleMania Weekend

Pro wrestling podcasts, previews, reviews, columns and more!

Joe Lanza - http://www.twitter.com/JoeMLanza
              Rich Kraetsch - http://www.twitter.com/richkraetsch
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

So, it seems that, like the sun rising and setting, the WWE is going to throw a whole lot of shit at the wall, like they always do post-WrestleMania and see what sticks.

Lord Tensai debuted.
                Damien Sandow (round 2 for Aaron The Idol Stevens) debuted
                Skip Sheffield as Ryback debuted
                Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) is going to debut sometime soon...he ran a little youtube thing against Mick Foley this past weekend.
                Tyler Black is set to debut sometime soon.

So fellas, who sticks?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Skip was awesome before he broke his ankle a year or two ago.

Ambrose and Rollins can work but will they have to burrow through shit to get to safety?

Comment

• Leftwich
                    Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4G1XdJj-oc"]Tribute to Ric Flair's "Flops" - YouTube[/ame]

Originally posted by Tailback U
                    It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Kas Ohno vs. Seth Rollins for the FCW Belt tonight.

Is this were Rollins drops the belt so he can go full-time on the road?

edit...Nope.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Watched the first round of the NJPW Cup, some fun stuff with the final 3 or so matches.

Naito and Kojima had a real fun 15-minute (about that long) match in the first round.

Also, Minoru Suzuki beat Yuji Ngata (didn't realize he was still going). I love crazy Suzuki, great mannerisms and the crowd loved Ngata so it was fun.

Can't wait to check out the next round, specifically Goto/La Sambra and Tanahashi/Naito.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                          Watched the first round of the NJPW Cup, some fun stuff with the final 3 or so matches.

Naito and Kojima had a real fun 15-minute (about that long) match in the first round.

Also, Minoru Suzuki beat Yuji Ngata (didn't realize he was still going). I love crazy Suzuki, great mannerisms and the crowd loved Ngata so it was fun.

Can't wait to check out the next round, specifically Goto/La Sambra and Tanahashi/Naito.
                          Not only is he still going, he's a wrestler of the year candidate so far this year.

His feud with All Japan is fucking awesome. He goes there as a cocky heel and dances to the New Japan theme when he wins his matches.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

I just realized that Bryan Alvarez was sitting 10 rows in front of me at Mania.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                              Let's Go All The Way...
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Leftwich
                              Dammit.

Flair, the character is unhateable.

Why does Flair, the person, make me feel disgust though?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Comment

Working...