Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Rey Mysterio
    The Undertaker
    HHH
    Randy Orton

The face side is strong, I think a Cena turn gives you a bunch of fresh matchups, someting they lack badly obviously. Plus you can still elevate guys like Danielson or Kofi Kingston (another guy i've heard they might go heel with), but don't hold your breath.

Even if Cena turns and it fails, it wont hurt business one single bit, and they can just turn him back. No one person can swing the company dramatically either way these days, and thats both a blessing and a curse.

Comment

• IamMedellin
      Everything Burns...
      • Nov 2008

Trips and Taker are part timers now on their last legs...

Mysterio is also on his last leg....

after 0rton, WWE is low on prime Main Event Faces

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
        Trips and Taker are part timers now on their last legs...

Mysterio is also on his last leg....

after 0rton, WWE is low on prime Main Event Faces
        HHH is far from on his last legs. He'll work on top for another decade, easy.

Undertaker has been on his last legs for 15 years, he's not going anywhere.

Mysterio's knees have been shot for a decade, ditto the other two.

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Nothing about wrestling stirs my passion now.
          It's just too over-exposed.
          Too many PPVs, too many main events on free TV.

I wish it could go back to the 80s when there were four major PPVs and main events on TV were treats.

Today, you don't need to order a PPV, you can get the same matches the next night on RAW.

There are so many things I'd fix about today's product.

I still watch, but, really, was another Undertaker-Kane program what viewers wanted?

I take nothing away from Kane, great worker and solid on the mic, but everyone on the planet know where this program is going.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Try something new, dave.

Hit up the New Japan youtube channel.

Watch some of the videos in my Top 100 thread.

Give ROH a shot.

Try Dragon Gate, their TV show is in Japanese but the downloads are easy to find and the storylines are easy to follow.

Buy the first 3 Dragon Gate USA dvd's, and if hey hook you, buy the next three.

Great wrestlingis out there, expand your horizons.

Comment

• IamMedellin
              Everything Burns...
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD

Undertaker has been on his last legs for 15 years, he's not going anywhere.

Mysterio's knees have been shot for a decade, ditto the other two.
              I've heard different, watch Trips become a special attraction in the near future,

It wouldnt suprise me to see Taker's last WM in the next 2 years.

Rey Rey goes back to Mexico after his deal expires

Comment

• SHOGUN
                4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                • Jul 2009

Triple H is DREADFUL as a face. I like him much better as a heel.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                  I've heard different, watch Trips become a special attraction in the near future,

It wouldnt suprise me to see Taker's last WM in the next 2 years.

Rey Rey goes back to Mexico after his deal expires
                  HHH will never step down.

Taker will be around long enough to sustain a Cena heel turn, we arent talking making him a heel forever, just a change of pace for Mania.

Mysterio threatens to leave at the end of every deal, I'll believe it when I see it. There is no money in Mexico right now, the CMLL boom is over, AAA isnt hot, every name wants out but has nowhere to go because Vince doesnt like lucha guys. WWE is the biggest promotion in Mexico now, as sad as that is. They are murdering lucha.

Comment

• RKO BLACK RKO
                    i did it 4 the YAWK
                    • Feb 2009

W2B this is only a question I figure you can answer and I know its kind of far back, but I remember reading an article a few years back about a stable in japan that was similar to evolution. Some guy was named like the "randy orton" of japan, i wanna say new japan was the promotion etc. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction, so i can look up on some of there matches etc. tthhaannx

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by RKO BLACK RKO
                      W2B this is only a question I figure you can answer and I know its kind of far back, but I remember reading an article a few years back about a stable in japan that was similar to evolution. Some guy was named like the "randy orton" of japan, i wanna say new japan was the promotion etc. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction, so i can look up on some of there matches etc. tthhaannx
                      This could be any number of factions, Japan is very faction based. Many are similar to Evolution in that you have veterans who take young guys under their wing.

I'm trying to think of something in New Japan that would fit this description, but i'm coming up blank. I need more clues.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        I thought I remember reading in WON that HHH got a big promotion to where he's officially VKM's right hand man. If that's the case and his health is always an issue, I doubt he goes back to being a full-time worker...but can he come back as a heel for 3-months or so? Otherwise, stay the fuck off television.

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

But I think we can all agree HHH is a pretty big ego maniac. He's not content just sitting backstage in the Gorilla position.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Triple H will work until he is dead.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

And never put anyone over though.

He'll even destroy his kids in handicap matches.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• IamMedellin
                                Everything Burns...
                                • Nov 2008

Paul Heyman on EV 2.0

“When I wrote Smackdown,” he said, “it didn’t look anything like ECW. Neither did the time I spent in OVW. I would never script/write/book anything that would even resemble the ‘style’ or ‘pace’ of ECW in the 1990s. That era, that style, the contemporary elements surrounding pop culture and sports culture have all changed. I would script/write/book for what I would gamble on being hot not only today, but in 2011 and 2012, when the effects of what you do today are truly felt, if you have somewhat of a chartered course. The best example I can give you is I don’t want to see Al Pacino do the same scenes from The Godfather today. An update? OK, sure. But to play THAT role? Mel Gibson as ‘Mad Max?’ OK. But not the same 24-year old Mad Max that he played in 1981/83.”

“Restarts don’t work because, besides the issue of ‘contemporary forces’ and ‘pop/sports culture,’ the low hanging fruit is to go with what worked back then,” Heyman said. “Shane Douglas playing The Franchise (the guy who could take over, should take over, and ‘they’ are afraid to let him take over) at 45 or 50? Yuck. Tommy Dreamer as Bruce Willis’ character in Die Hard, the normal guy pushed to extreme measures by extreme enemies and extreme/dire situations? Very groundbreaking in 1995-99. Played out in 2010. Mikey Whipwreck. Lovable, endearing character. The loser who finds a way to win through the most trying of circumstances. The character ran its course, so he doesn’t try to play that guy anymore. Neither does Taz. They’re smart.

“It’s the same reason I would never play Paul E. Dangerously anymore. Can’t be seen as that guy. No one will view me as that guy. I’m not the hyperkinetic, fast talking young kid overthrowing the establishment anymore. I’m 45. I’m fat and bald and ugly and I don’t fucking want to do it.

“And who uses those Gordon Gekko cell phones nowadays, anyway?”

Comment

Working...