X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Meltzer said in this week's Observer that if Heyman had ended up in charge of TNA, he would have fired everyone in creative and hired Gabe Sapolsky and Dava Lagana as his assistants.

Lagana booked that pretty good period of WWECW after Heyman left (Punk, Morrison, Elijah Burke era) and currently works with ROH laying out tv & ppv. Sapolsky is obviously Heyman light, the protoge who has the Heyman fingerprints all over his booking.

When Heyman was flirting with the job, I suggested Gabe & Scott D'Amore as right hand men. This would have been awesome, too. Fuck TNA.
    Sapolsky said himself that he had talked to Paul much during the period he was negotiating with Dixie. Gabe said he would have been a consultant of some kind and Paul could revolutionize wrestling again.

Too bad TNA's management is shit.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

LOLTNA.

Paul hands them some of the best minds in the business on a silver platter that could revolutionize the business and Dixie's like "nah, I'mma stick with Russo, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Abyss, Dutch Mantel, Jeremy Borash (lol), and Jeff and Jerry Jarrett."

Dixie is such a woman.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

To be fair, I'm sure its very hard not to buy the bullshit of Hogan & Bischoff when they are sitting acrosss a table from you. Say what you want, but those are two very charasmatic and convincing bullshitters. Bischoff could sell ice to eskimos.

I'm sure if she ever met Gabe f'n Sapolsky, with his short pudgy physique, mop top hair, untied adidas, sloppy clothes that don't fit, and giant Jillian Hall mole, it wouldnt/didnt inspire confidence.

But I guess it would to help to at least follow the business you're in.

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

She must be incredibly gullible and a mark...it's simple. Since 2005 (with Russo), has TNA grown AT ALL?

Since Hogan/Bischoff got on board in January, has anything of note changed with the product in a positive way? People are not buying PPVs and the show continues to be unwatchable and averages about the same amount of viewers they always have.

Perhaps she was scared off by people in her ear or Heyman's desire to take the company public after a few years....frustrating.

They lose money so why the hell have they kept the same people in power?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

To be fair, I'm sure its very hard not to buy the bullshit of Hogan & Bischoff when they are sitting acrosss a table from you. Say what you want, but those are two very charasmatic and convincing bullshitters. Bischoff could sell ice to eskimos.

I'm sure if she ever met Gabe f'n Sapolsky, with his short pudgy physique, mop top hair, untied adidas, sloppy clothes that don't fit, and giant Jillian Hall mole, it wouldnt/didnt inspire confidence.

But I guess it would to help to at least follow the business you're in.
            I'm a bit of a Hogan mark, myself...but I follow the business.

Would I listen to Hogan and Bischoff...sure. Would they get a mile long leash to run my company? No.

Dixie is a mark or a ring rat, or both...TNA will go no where with her making the major decisions about who is to run her dad's company.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

The most disturbing thing to me isn't the lack of increased business. Its the fact that the direction hasn't changed. Bring in "big names" who don't move the dial, re do NWO a hundred times despite the fact it never works, incoherent storylines, etc. Same shit, higher payroll.

How about something new?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

The most disturbing thing to me isn't the lack of increased business. Its the fact that the direction hasn't changed. Bring in "big names" who don't move the dial, re do NWO a hundred times despite the fact it never works, incoherent storylines, etc. Same shit, higher payroll.

How about something new?
                Doesn't matter...Dixie doesn't know the difference.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

Imagine how much money TNA has lost since being purchased by Panda Energy (Papa Carter).

Bischoff/Russoo/Hogan/etc. put 'ol Dixie on TV and everything's alright.

fucking assholes

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TVMdJX7bc&feature=player_embedded"]Punk had guts then[/ame]

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

ElectionEve RAW tonight.

uh oh

Comment

• FedEx227
                        Delivers
                        • Mar 2009

Crazy Vince is coming next week for sure. Can't wait.
                        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JayDizzle
                          Let's Go All The Way...
                          • Nov 2008

UNCLE VINCE FOR PRESIDENT.

Book it.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                            My single favorite wrestling promo.

As for the TNA discussion... I'll be honest - I have enjoyed the lack of aggravation in the past month since I stopped watching Impact. I have barely followed TNA during that time, either. TNA have a ton of potential and it would be great to see the WWE have legitimate competition that would push them to try again. But it ain't gonna happen.

Finally got to watch the Kings of Wrestling vs World's Greatest Tag Team match. Fucking brilliant.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                              Finally got to watch the Kings of Wrestling vs World's Greatest Tag Team match. Fucking brilliant.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

PM sent. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...