X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

Yeah, they started the roundtables maybe two years ago (or last year). They've done maybe 15-20 different subjects. Usually they're great because for the most part, the guys are willing to shoot the shit and cut jokes, talk about true feelings.

Jim Ross, Lawler, Patterson, Dillon and Hayes (Hayes was awesome when he did them) are my favorite talkies.

Bischoff did a couple but he usually ended up defending his own shit. Don't remember much about Flair's time on them.

Various topics, guys like JR and Michael Hayes end up talking about what's wrong with the industry today and it's so damn frustrating to hear them talk about it, knowing that the people in the company are aware and they refuse to go about trying to correct fixable issues.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
      • Feb 2009

Yeah, they brought up some stuff that made me grind my teeth - if respected insiders recognize, why is nothing done?

There have been a few times on the ones I've seen where it did seem like some of the guys were... "treading lightly" on a given topic. Which makes completely sense, as they are hardly going to harcore bash the WWE on a WWE program... but i got the feeling that they were leaving things unsaid.

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Not only have I given up on watching TNA, but I can't even read the fucking TV reports or spoilers without getting bored/annoyed.
        Even the Bryan and Vinny show?!
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
          Delivers
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
          Yeah, they brought up some stuff that made me grind my teeth - if respected insiders recognize, why is nothing done?

There have been a few times on the ones I've seen where it did seem like some of the guys were... "treading lightly" on a given topic. Which makes completely sense, as they are hardly going to harcore bash the WWE on a WWE program... but i got the feeling that they were leaving things unsaid.
          They only have so much influence though. Jim Ross was talking in the most recent one about the problem with talent evaluation and what he did when he held the job. There's only so much HE can do now from his position.

Ditto for Hayes. I think he was the head writer for Smackdown for awhile, I'm not entirely positive if he's still at that spot.

These guys only have so much power and influence anymore. At the end of the day if Brian Gewirtz and Stephanie McMahon still don't want to write wrestling and would prefer some hybrid sports-comedy-drama thing then what's Michael Hayes to do.

If Johnny Ace just wants to fuck waitresses and models and wet Vince's appetite for giant, muscled men without movement there's nothing Jim Ross can really do.
          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

LMAO at Jim Ross' Story about Judy Bagwell Calling him to excuse her son from house show dates 1 week...But he'll be fine in time for TV on monday...

Comment

• EmpireWF
              Giants in the Super Bowl
              • Mar 2009

It appears how knight in shining armor may be Triple H. We have to count on him being an old-school wrestling fan and not giving way to total 'entertainment' shit.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                Everything Burns...
                • Nov 2008

so sad,,...

Ric Flair reportedly demanded more money up front on the European Tour and ended up in a heated argument with TNA management. He was then left behind in Dublin, Ireland. He had been partying a lot on the tour, as well, upsetting some. Flair will be returning in Glasgow, Scotland, to the tour. He was brought back due to Alex Shelley, AJ Styles and Kurt Angle being off the tour, the same reason Matt Hardy was added to the tour.

From one TNA Talent:

“The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that’s a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair’s asked several of us for money when he’s had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the “Nature Boy”, but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note of. Don’t let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future – and that’s not a happy ending.”

From another:

“I respect what the older guys have done, but they aren’t making us any money. Nothing reflects that. We would draw the exact same if 99% of them were gone. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a leap forward and I really think more and more that’s where TNA is. Obviously, you need some veteran talents but there’s a crew here that wants to build a company and we want to focus on that, not paying someone’s bar tab and having to wait for him to fight it out with Craig Jenkins [TNA Management] when he doesn’t get his way.”

Comment

• manchild24
                  Kyle got fired
                  • Nov 2008

I dont know, there was nothing on tonight so I was flipping back and forth from the Heat Knicks and TNA. I cant believe how much TNA is CRAP.

I mean I use to really like Flair, now he is really making a fool of himself (yeah hes getting paid but come on already.) Scott Steiner is the big surprise at the end of the show??? Thats the first time I saw Matt Hardy in so long and he looks like he needs a shit or a pin to let some air out.

Beer Money I literally cant stand. Dont even know their names but the one guy looks like an HBK wanna be with the cowboy hat and hair back in a pony tail. AJ Styles looks like he is being so under used (is he hurt?) that he's out there in street clothes. The entertainment value was so bad that I literally had to watch to see if it could get any worse.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    Highwayman
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SHOGUN
                    Alberto Del Rio.
                    but you...

...you already knew that.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by manchild24
                      I dont know, there was nothing on tonight so I was flipping back and forth from the Heat Knicks and TNA. I cant believe how much TNA is CRAP.

I mean I use to really like Flair, now he is really making a fool of himself (yeah hes getting paid but come on already.) Scott Steiner is the big surprise at the end of the show??? Thats the first time I saw Matt Hardy in so long and he looks like he needs a shit or a pin to let some air out.

Beer Money I literally cant stand. Dont even know their names but the one guy looks like an HBK wanna be with the cowboy hat and hair back in a pony tail. AJ Styles looks like he is being so under used (is he hurt?) that he's out there in street clothes. The entertainment value was so bad that I literally had to watch to see if it could get any worse.
                      Robert Roode of Beer Money is one of the most underutilized talents in all of wrestling. The guy is a classic upper-mid card heel...yet languishes in tag teams. TNA should have ran with Robert Roode right after the Team Canada break up...guy should be main eventing for TNA right now.

btw - sad shit about Flair, dude is done-zo in every way. He is still the GOAT, but the man just needs to go home and be a pitch man for more local North Carolina businesses.

Comment

• guchi45
                        I'm better than Woy
                        • Feb 2009

I can't wait when The Rock comes back on February 7th! Gonna be sick!

Comment

• manchild24
                          Kyle got fired
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Robert Roode of Beer Money is one of the most underutilized talents in all of wrestling. The guy is a classic upper-mid card heel...yet languishes in tag teams. TNA should have ran with Robert Roode right after the Team Canada break up...guy should be main eventing for TNA right now.

btw - sad shit about Flair, dude is done-zo in every way. He is still the GOAT, but the man just needs to go home and be a pitch man for more local North Carolina businesses.
                          Just brought up the TNA roster the guy I meant is that James Storm, I cant help but to think of a puffed up HBK when I see this guy.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

Former WWE writer John Piermarini who worked for the company from 2009 – late 2010 wrote a blog on his website talking about part of the WWE creative process. Below are some of the examples he mentioned before the blog was pulled (likely due to WWE's legal team which jumped on Piermarini since all WWE contracts prohibit writers from talking about the creative process upon departing the company)

• The booking of Daniel Bryan and his subsequent push is due to Vince McMahon. Vince is having Bryan booked as a technical genius in the ring mainly because he doesn't feel that Bryan is believable as an ass-kicker. He sees Bryan more as a strategist and has him booked as someone who can capitalize on mistakes hence why he wins most matches with the LeBell Lock. He can lock it out of anywhere and force you to tap.

• John Morrison, while being red hot lately and protected by booking is NOT really seen as a main event level talent by Vince McMahon. His push is due to the lack of top guys and support from creative. Vince is allowing it but for the most part, it is definitely an uphill battle for him unless he can convince McMahon otherwise. Vince's main negative on Morrison is that he does not see him as a viable threat physically. The backstage opinion on this is that Morrison was once well liked by everyone in the locker room but a lot of people saw him as a wuss when the Batista/Melina thing went down. Once McMahon got wind of it, he wondered why Morrison did nothing to confront Batista about it feeling that if it were him, he would have fought Batista (win or lose). Instead, not only did Morrison do nothing about it when it was very public that Melina was cheating on him with Batista, he continued to date Melina while it was going on. Due to that, Vince will always see him as someone who is not a main event level talent.

• Randy Orton was scheduled to win MITB this year at the MITB PPV. He was penciled in as the first MITB winner to LOSE as he would have challenged Sheamus the next night on RAW and Nexus would have cost him the match. Piermarini took credit for the change in plans as he pitched the Miz to Kevin Dunn and Dunn liked it since he is a Miz supporter. Dunn convinced McMahon on it and the rest is history, for the better.

• On the Smackdown side, the decision to go with Kane actually happened the DAY OF the PPV. It was originally booked to be Kane then changed to Drew McIntyre on the day of. It was later decided on Jack Swagger but then Vince McMahon saw the booking sheet with mostly heels winning and switched it back to Kane (who was a babyface at the time). Kane then turned heel later in the show by winning the title from Mysterio. Piermarini was pushing heavily for McIntyre and wanted Drew to be the guy revealed as having taken out the Undertaker (which also turned out to be Kane).

• Vince McMahon made it WWE law to have the World Heavyweight Title named shorted to World Title when Rey Mysterio was holding it. He did not want anyone mentioning it as Heavyweight during that time.

• He also noted that Christian will never be a WWE main event talent because Vince McMahon does not like his physique and his appearance. A feud with Edge is pushed monthly to Vince who shoots it down every time.

• He spoke about various other things including him feeling Kelly Kelly has the potential to be a breakout female star, the breakup of Legacy and how it floundered from the original idea he pitched, Kofi Kingston's faltering even though he was on the cusp of main eventing and more.

I'm James Guttman, father of two children. One non-verbal with autism and one non stop verbal with attitude. New Posts: Every Monday and Wednesday

Comment

• SHOGUN
                              4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                              • Jul 2009

He also noted that Christian will never be a WWE main event talent because Vince McMahon does not like his physique and his appearance. A feud with Edge is pushed monthly to Vince who shoots it down every time.
                              Unacceptable. That feud would be fucking awesome.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• manchild24
                                Kyle got fired
                                • Nov 2008

I dont get the whole physical presence thing by McMahon. Randy Orton is a rake. Its all bullshit because guys like the big show who they recycle every so many months to make unstoppable enver get the strap

Comment

Working...