• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IamMedellin
    Everything Burns...
    • Nov 2008

Daniel Bryan

just got Jericho'd

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbC06eQS_ww"]Chris Jericho wins the WWF Title from HHH. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSrUjlleU0Y"]Triple H gets his title back from Jericho WWF RAW 4/17/00 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• s@ppisgod
      No longer a noob
      • Apr 2011

I saw that. I don't ever watch SD since Edge retired, and only sparingly before that. But it's clear the WWE has screwed up the MITB. They've gotten to the point that they screw around with it so much that it's not the "shit your pants" moment that it was when Edge cashed it in on Cena at New Years Revolution 06. Them screwing around with it every 2 weeks with Miz last year really killed the effect of the winner coming out. It's a tease that, if used only a few times, works well. But doing it more than once or twice is overkill. It's lazy. If they wanted to spice it up, have someone lose with it. That's a surprise. Not the bait and switch of "title shot...not really" "title change...not really."
      SAMSUNG-SGH-A887/A887UCIJ1 SHP/VPP/R5 NetFront/3.5 SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1

Comment

• SHOGUN
        4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
        • Jul 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKb9j7gxQ8"]Daniel Bryan Wins World Heavyweight Championship (Full Segment) WWE SmackDown 11/25/11 - YouTube[/ame]

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• EmpireWF
          Giants in the Super Bowl
          • Mar 2009

Smackdown live Tuesday -- Danielson vs. Henry in a cage for the belt

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

I hate the Big Show KO punch finisher. The psychology is all wrong. It's just a punch to the face. It requires no setting up or weakening of your opponent to do it, so why doesn't he just punch the guy as soon as the match starts?

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Wonder if we get a Daniel Bryan heel turn as a result?
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                I hate the Big Show KO punch finisher. The psychology is all wrong. It's just a punch to the face. It requires no setting up or weakening of your opponent to do it, so why doesn't he just punch the guy as soon as the match starts?
                I like the finisher...they just do it wrong.

A punch from a 7-foot-something, 500-pound dude that has "trained in boxing" when he gives a guy a clean, flush shot, should be dropped.

They just put no actual effort into the details of a match in the WWE, so shit like that gets lost.

If he connects with it, a guy should be lights out, but a lot should go into that punch connecting. Because he's so big and slow, the punch should be slow and opponents should often be able to get out of the way.

But, Show just gives a quick jab and the world's strongest man is dropped like a bad habit.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

TNA is where wrestlers go to retire.

Just look at their damn roster...the whole damn roster is filled with dudes who are mailing it in and just collecting checks lol.

Next to join the mix in 60 days...John Hennigan.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                    I like the finisher...they just do it wrong.

A punch from a 7-foot-something, 500-pound dude that has "trained in boxing" when he gives a guy a clean, flush shot, should be dropped.

They just put no actual effort into the details of a match in the WWE, so shit like that gets lost.

If he connects with it, a guy should be lights out, but a lot should go into that punch connecting. Because he's so big and slow, the punch should be slow and opponents should often be able to get out of the way.

But, Show just gives a quick jab and the world's strongest man is dropped like a bad habit.
                    Yeah, that's kinda what i'm saying. The psychology is screwy. It's just a punch in the face. He can do it at any time, SO WHY DOESN'T HE?? In fact, Big Show punches guys in the face routinely all the time during matches. What makes his punch of doom any different from his other punches? Like you said, he does no special 'windup', there is no special angle he throws it from, etc.

I'm probably over analyzing it, but to me it's pretty much the worst finisher around for those reasons.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

AND ANOTHER THING, while I soapbox here...

WWE is a company that is always preaching about psychology, and they act all high and mighty towards indy guys & foreigners who come in about how they just do movez and don't understand psyschology and banish them to FCW...yet you see shit like the Big Show punch.

They talk about 'telling a story', but every 'story' is the same. Babyface is a house of fire, tosses heel from the ring (maybe does a dive for good measure), commercial break....heel in control, long resthold (oops, I mean 'working a body part' and telling a story!)...false comeback, another restho-, I mean, telling a story spot....transition spot, hot babyface comeback, tease the finishers, and either the babyface goes over with his finisher, or the heel cuts him off by doing something dastardly and wins with his finisher (all finishers done while facing the hard camera, of course!). Rinse, repeat.

PSYCHOLOGY. That takes months, if not years, to learn in Florida.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                        Giants in the Super Bowl
                        • Mar 2009

Why did WWE bury Low Ki when he actually had support of the people which led to him winning NXT?

You would think they can make money with anyone let alone someone who can actually work (who cares of he can't talk, give him a mouthpiece) and has a unique look.

Stop trying to use logic when thinking about the way WWE handles its wrestling business.

Comment

• Mogriffjr
                          aka Reece
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                          Yeah, that's kinda what i'm saying. The psychology is screwy. It's just a punch in the face. He can do it at any time, SO WHY DOESN'T HE?? In fact, Big Show punches guys in the face routinely all the time during matches. What makes his punch of doom any different from his other punches? Like you said, he does no special 'windup', there is no special angle he throws it from, etc.

I'm probably over analyzing it, but to me it's pretty much the worst finisher around for those reasons.
                          I was going to ask doesn't Big Show "headbutt" for his punches? but you answered that which makes it even dumber for his finisher to be a punch...
                          Originally posted by Nick Mangold
                          Wes Welker is a great player. He's really taken advantage of watching film. If we don't keep a Spy on him, he could really open the Gate.

Comment

• BigBiss
                            • Mar 2009

I'v found "old school bookers" are the first ones that want to shot gun stuff and get anisey about long term plans. im guessing its the same type of deal

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                              2011 Poster Of The Year
                              • Mar 2009

Kenta Kobashi vs. Big Bossman

Saw this posted on another board, I had no idea this match ever took place. October 1993, so it looks like Bossman did some Japan tours in between finishing up with WWF in early '93 and starting up as "The Boss" in WCW in '94.

This match is great.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o57rfqqWUIE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o57rfqqWUIE&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&versi on=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Awesome. Seems like Bossman would've been a perfect fit as a top Gaijin in Japan.

Comment

Working...