X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Well now that I think of it, there is No Way Out to go through.

Rumor has it, Cena was promoting the future PPV saying that Johnny Ace had "No Way Out."

I forsee a Cage Match between the two in the coming weeks.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
      Fuck em
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by JayDizzle
      Well now that I think of it, there is No Way Out to go through.

Rumor has it, Cena was promoting the future PPV saying that Johnny Ace had "No Way Out."

I forsee a Cage Match between the two in the coming weeks.
      I forsee Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Miz, Ziggler and other talented superstars taking over the WWE... oh wait... "we have Johnny ace, Cena, Big Show and Kane? Yeah fuck the good wrestlers we just need a heel a face and two monsters to be successful"

Comment

• IamMedellin
        Everything Burns...
        • Nov 2008

RL: Vince telling everybody who actually paid to see Cena beat Johnny Ace to go fuck themselves because they need a blowoff at SummerSlam.
        what did last year's over the limit draw? 65k?...lowest buyrate ever was December to Dismember with 55k...

who wants to bet this doesnt draw over 100k

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
          I forsee Punk, Bryan, Jericho, Miz, Ziggler and other talented superstars taking over the WWE... oh wait... "we have Johnny ace, Cena, Big Show and Kane? Yeah fuck the good wrestlers we just need a heel a face and two monsters to be successful"
          You gotta remember that in the WWE Universe, the people you cheer for aren't the ones who'll be pushed.

It's who the Front Office wants to see on TV.

Ryback and Clay must put out like crazy to Vince to get this much time on air.

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

WWE fucking blows. I'm turning my attention to TNA

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
              Fuck em
              • Oct 2008

You gotta remember that in the WWE Universe, the people you cheer for aren't the ones who'll be pushed.

It's who the Front Office wants to see on TV.

Ryback and Clay must put out like crazy to Vince to get this much time on air.
              I think Clay actually has a lil talent tho, if he didnt have a childish gimmick and still played like a badass from when he was riding ADR's coattails last year then I think he could show a lil more, but they just have him body people, dance and jump on somebody.

Comment

• OnlyOneBeerLeft
                Fuck em
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                Oh your a real fucking winner now, enjoy that

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

I'd suggest stop watching altogether if that was your only alternative.

On a positive note, 2012 BOSJ is only a week away and ROH will be showing Kevin Steen/Davey Richards' match from Border Wars in it's entirety on ROHTV next week.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

Really?

I agree the WWE blows, but switching to TNA is like going from a fat chick to a fat chick with full-blown AIDS.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

If you dont like WWE right now, you will hate TNA. It's a bad carbon copy.

Watch it for two or three weeks and give me your thoughts. I'm curious.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

TNA is a case study for an alternate universe.

TNA is what would have happened if Eric Bischoff's group would have purchased WCW instead of Vince McMahon.

And that's real talk.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

With WWE, you have to soften your expectations. At least with Raw, I don't watch SD. You're not getting, or at least rarely are, a prolonged very good match with a clean finish that makes sense. Everything is overly formulaic from production to promos to formats to cookie cutter characters to short "matches" to bad acting, etc. Still, one of the things WWE has going for it is it's still the #1 spot with the guys most consider legit stars. Top to bottom, they have the best roster if you consider stars and potential of guys who can work. Plus, while production is incredibly stale...it's still light years ahead of anyone else in the business.

You have to go into it knowing the majority of their product is not geared towards us. It's pushed at the kids or the new viewers (not that they have a ton).

----------------------

TNA, I find incredibly frustrating to watch. I would love it if they were a legit alternative to WWE but it's not. We've been saying this for years, everyone has really. Yet, TNA is stuck in the sand because of mismanagement. The one person with power is too nice to lay down the law and rock the boat which leaves the guys handling creative to do whatever they fuck they want without reasons to be concerned with their job security. While WWE has the exclusivity on star power, TNA has a fucking great roster if guys were allowed to do their job and work great matches on TV.

Unfortunately, and this has been the case pretty much for the majority of their existence and sure as fuck since 2005, TNA is pushed/booked/written/promoted to be WWE-lite. Which like W2B said, anyone who dislikes WWE is sure as fuck going to think TNA is a joke. Meanwhile, there's so little to differentiate TNA from the big dog that how are they going to cut a bigger pie of the wrestling audience for themselves? Their audience has been set in stone between the 1 million people who watch them on Spike every week and the 30,000 or so people who buy their PPVs once a month.

--------

As for Ring of Honor, if you have a Sinclair affiliated network where you live, you should be watching the fuck out of their weekly syndicated show. It's only 1 hour and they don't really have any "superstars" mainstream fans would know (maybe a guy like Jay Lethal) but you're more likely to find a fun, logical match or two more often with ROH than the two above.

This is not counting their DVDs, either.

----

Or if you want to mindfuck yourself, depending on where you live and what TV provider you have....check out Galavision on the weekends and watch some CMLL. Unless you speak Spanish, you won't understand what they're saying but after watching 5-10 minutes, you'll get the basics of what's going on.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

There are 1.4M people who dig seeing Sting & Hulk Hogan & RVD & Mr Anderson & maybe even Robert Roode or James Storm or AJ Styles every week. Those people don't care about the dumb stories that make no sense, they just turn their brains off for an hour and watch fake fights. They never pay for the product, and never will. Whatever TNA is doing, those people must enjoy it.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost56
                              True Blue
                              • Feb 2009

theres no justifying the cena/big johnny "match" at all....ever....

Comment

• Aso
                                The Serious House
                                • Nov 2008

Yeah on their website (TNA) their roster looks nice. We'll see though. I thoroughly enjoyed WWE wrestling from 02-05 and I thought it was still good in 06 and 07 but eventually lost interest. I've been watching a lot of old matches and this shit is just not the same and I wish it was. I loved Raw when Eric Bischoff was GM, what happened?

Comment

Working...