• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Is Gargano any good?

Comment

• FedEx227
        Delivers
        • Mar 2009

I'm a big fan. Good personality, cool story. Definitely fits the mold of an indy star. As far as on the big stage, I can't say for sure. Probably not since a lot of what made him interesting on the indies will be striped.
        VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
          Is Gargano any good?
          He's starting to get very good. Working with the DG guys has helped him progress.

He's pretty small, but he's not a flippy guy. I'm having trouble finding a good comparison. Maybe Devitt before Devitt became elite. Actually, that comparison sucks. I don't know. Can anybody help me, here?

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

Matt Hardy?
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Very good Gargano video here, showing his climb and hyping the Ricochet match from EVOLVE 10:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSkPJIQ7UmA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oSkPJIQ7UmA?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Watch this while you can, from EVOLVE 12, not the best example of a Gargano match, but the only illegal video I could find of something recent:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrJD7TQxyEg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jrJD7TQxyEg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

There are tons of Gargano matches on youtube against guys like Matt Cross, Alex Shelley, and all the usual suspects, but he really didn't hit his stride until late 2010, early 2011.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

My official comparison im going with is Generation Next era Austin Aries.

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

That's definitely fair.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                      Highwayman
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                      King was a free agent, end of story. Had he physically signed the extension that stated he could negotiate but not wrestle, i'd side with ROH. He signed no such document, so the "verbal agreement" ROH is claiming simply doesn't hold up. Especially since even the ROH side admits that King was wary of such a deal to begin with.

The TNA offer was clearly time sensitive, it was now or never since Thursday was the last of the XDiv tryouts and Sunday is the PPV. He was free agent, got an offer, and took it.

The only possible angle where you could knock King is that he left without dropping the belts. From an old school perspective, that's a no-no. However, shame on ROH for putting the titles on him in the first place, knowing he could jump at the end of the month.
                      Originally posted by FedEx227
                      The code of honor was never there. They gave him the right to look for other deals, he did and he found an upgrade. He's not a heel at all in my mind. It's like the Ray Allen situation Boston fans are crying about now. Guy has no contractual association with a team or organization and moves on, no reason to get mad at him. Someone like Silas Young who bolts out of obligations to go to another company deserves scorn. King had nothing keeping him in ROH but the tag titles. If he passes up the opportunity from TNA he may never get out of ROH or that 3rd tier.
                      You flippy bastards got serious...was just a joke considering ROH's gimmick is a hand shake.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                        Is Gargano any good?
                        He's gotten very good. A highlight on a card filled with highlights, especially when on the DG shows.

Lyk I wuz sayin b4...would be a perfect X-Division guy...if you put him in this tourney, he should win it and hold the belt for a year ala Aries. Not big, but for that group, big enough.

Will kinda get lost in the WWE though.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Kenny King
                          "My people's,

First and foremost to all of my friends Family and everyone riding with me on this one thank you. The love and support has been unreal. It doesn't matter if you're a new Kenny King fan or you've been with your boy since tough enough. My passion for this sport reflects yours, and I will continue to bust my ass to give back the love you have shown me.

Second I would like to thank @ringofhonor for the opportunity To master my craft against some of the best wrestlers in the world. The last 4 years have been invaluable to my career. I have nothing but love and respect for the company that allowed me to find myself and grow as a wrestler.

Next, since the content of my character has been called into question, just ask about me. My integrity and HONOR has always been above reproach. But since they wanna talk bad about your boy, consider this...

(spoiler alert)

I was offered a contract extension, I had reservations about the parameters of the extension and effective my "free agent" option would be.

I gave a handshake agreement that I wouldn't do anything "screwy" with the belts. Ala Medusa.

I gave ROH information about everyone that I made regarding working for @impactwrestling. Realistically they could have just found out when they saw my black ass walking down to the ring.

I was given a physical contract extension by ROH, which I respectfully declined to sign due to the reasons I stated above.

If I declined to sign an actual contract extension, how could anyone think there was a verbal agreement?

I took the biggest gamble of my career this weekend. So going into destination X tomorrow night I am prepared to put it all on the line. I am especially grateful to @tnadixie and @impactwrestling for giving me the opportunity to showcase my skills on a bigger stage. I was given an amazing opening and I took it. Ask Eminem how many chances you get to blow up. The world will watch tomorrow, and I got a bag full of fireworks. Tomorrow is coronation day.

Thank you. Kenny King"

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

Can't fuckin wait...they are gonna have King go far hopefully. Showcase ol boy...he can bring it.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

Pac officially inked with WWE.

This will be interesting.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

Sara Del Ray to the E as well.

Comment

Working...