X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimLeavy59
    War Hero
    • May 2012

How the fuck does Cena kick out of that?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
      • Sep 2024

Gotta save the iPads folks, can't let those go with the table.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by MikeChase27
        Gotta think CM Punk attacks Cena in parking lot makes most sense...he has to come back and why make Cena match falls count anywhere?
        You called it... sorta.

AND HOLY SHIT PAUL HEYMAN IS NOW MANAGING CM PUNK!

Comment

• SHOGUN
          4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
          • Jul 2009

Yay! Punk + Heyman!

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
            • Sep 2024

Punk and Heyman will be gold. Now what's the plan for Lesnar?

Comment

• JayDizzle
              Let's Go All The Way...
              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
              Punk and Heyman will be gold. Now what's the plan for Lesnar?
              Lesnar/Taker or Lesnar/HHH at WrestleMania.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JayDizzle
                Lesnar/Taker or Lesnar/HHH at WrestleMania.
                I meant as far as his manager/mouthpiece. He's not going it alone.

Comment

• dave
                  Go the fuck outside
                  • Oct 2008

Again ... the 3-hour marathon is simply too long.

By the end of hour two, I say enough is enough and will just look at www.prowrestling.net to see how it turned out.

Especially if it's Alberto Del Rio and John Cena. Really?

I agree, the finish was a surprise ... but I didn't want to sit through another hour of RAW for Cena/Del Rio. I had no clue Heyman and Punk would unite.

No regrets ... it happened. Read about it.

Again, three hours is just too long ... especially with crazy man Vince forcing the same crap down our throats for three hours that he did for two hours a few weeks ago.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy Jinder Mahal vs. Ryback ... and The Miz simply not being honest about Ryback and saying "how the hell has he passed the wellness tests?"
                  My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

Del Rio and Cena was a surprisingly good match. But you are right, far too much time filled with commercials and rehashed material. I find I tune out more of the actual matches because of it. It's almost like you can miss the first hour and get caught up two or three times with video and photos from earlier, though the first match tends to be something good.

Comment

• krulmichael
                      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                      • Feb 2009

Well Raw was saved by the very last 10 seconds with Heyman & Punk. Although I have to admit, the Del Rio/Cena match wasn't all that bad either.

Twitch Channel
                      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• BigBiss
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                        I meant as far as his manager/mouthpiece. He's not going it alone.
                        Im sure ol' Paul E can handle double duty on the what 6 dates lesner has left

Comment

• FedEx227
                          Delivers
                          • Mar 2009

That was an unbearable Raw to watch live.
                          VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

The thing is, three hours is really only too long because of the way they tell their stories.

Because they are so insistent that you should only care about a half dozen members of the roster, you are conditioned to not care about anything that doesn't happen at the top of an hour or before the end of the show.

They did that to themselves. The company has more than enough talent for a three hour weekly show, and the three hours would give them plenty of time to get everybody over.

For example, why not start the show with a hot tag team match "in progress", during a high spot and the crown going nuts, with maybe Hunico & Epico vs The Uso's? Then let them tear the house down for 8 minutes, instead of the usual 3 minutes you would give them, and open things up with that instead of yet another main event promo that you have another 2 hours and 52 minutes to squeeze in? Have the announcers explain that the winner get a tag team title shot on Smackdown this Friday (I know, whats Smackdown? well, maybe if you give people a reason to watch...). Then, give the winners promo time (OMG, A NON MAIN EVENTER WITH PROMO TIME??) to call out the champs and set up Smackdown.

The previous paragraph isnt reinventing the wheel, its wrestling 101, but doesn't it feel different and new?

I mean, you could do all sorts of shit and try to get new people over. They just don't do it. They follow the same tired formula, week after week, and feature the same 6 people. Three hours isnt the problem, its how they use the three hours. This played out just like we said it would on the podcast.

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

There was a really, really good R-Truth/Kofi vs. Primo/Epico match that main evented Superstars, finished up about 5 minutes before they went live for Raw.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                                Delivers
                                • Mar 2009

Yeah, I'm going to write something about the three hours. Sitting there live put it over the top for me. Even my girlfriend who god willing came with because I had a friend bail mentioned some things which is a big help when you take someone from the outside. Especially that AJ/Vickie segment which was about 10 minutes too damn long and I'm not sure what aired on TV but featured like three minutes of AJ hitting a chair on the mat to show "I'M ANGRY!!!" unnecessary use of time.
                                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

Working...