X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Show was alright.

The Rock's appearance was to basically placate the crowd before The Rock leaves again after the PPV... nothing to write home about and even in taped segments (a reversal of last year when Cena was live and Rock was on tape), Punk was owning him.

Felt bad for Rhodes and Sandow because if they aren't busy going after Kane and Danielson for their belts, they're getting jobbed left and right.

The Orton/Castagnoli match was paint-by-numbers and with The Shield jumping Orton before he could RKO, we finally get some protection for the U.S. Champ versus just feeding him to a guy further up the ladder in the Title Picture...

Dunno if that make Orton less of a contender than Ryback, the guy did the said feeding upon (no pun intended) of Claudio.

Probably.

...at this point, Castagnoli gets to keep his belt and claim to his streak against U.S. Title contenders who are American.

The Ziggler/A.J. vs. Natalya/Khali was a DUD but I've only seen Cena carry Khali to a decent match and it took getting that big lummox out of the ring and onto a car's windshield to do it.

It was fun to see Big E. Langston enjoy destroying people for once as he smiled while putting a hurtin' on Khali and the midget that mysteriously still has a job.

And at the end of the night?

Fuck beautiful 30 minute bout with Del Rio winning the belt, even on tape, in front of the good people of Miami.

We got our new Latino hero after Eddie left us (R.I.P.) and Rey Jr. still hems and haws about retiring until he sees the T-Shirt sales numbers.

Seeing Del Rio and Ricardo genuinely celebrating (with Del Rio in the crowd of people he formally looked down upon as "peasants") the win made me cheer.

Good show for the most part minus the mixed tag and the 3MB match that ended faster than you could say, "pee break."

Comment

• JimLeavy59
      War Hero
      • May 2012

Seems like the WWE could be trimming some fat, Any chance we'll see more guys from NXT get called up?

Oh here is some cool art I found, I want this on a T-Shirt.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SuperKevin
        There's speculation that this is going to be a brutal weekend in terms of releases by the WWE. Trent Barretta and Skyler Moon have already been let go and there's apparently going to be more to come. Some people have been speculating that Zack Ryder could be released soon and that's why the WWE skipped him on the list of Superstars with the most Twitter followers. If Ryder is released I feel bad for him as I think he may be typecast forever as the Broski and TNA already has a carboncopy of that gimmick in Robbie E
        Barretta getting 86'd is bullshit because he's basically in the same boat as Tyson Kidd (now injured and possibly won't be the same again BTW...).

He got a few seconds of shine in a couple of matches that everyone's forgotten about (that's important to Vince) and then he went down into that hole of non-Televised matches that few get out of.

Ryder got his 15 and then cried about it after.

Rightfully so but he built up his character so well that he wouldn't be believable doing anything else, even as a heel.

Same shit happened to Santino and that dude can go but we never see it because of who he is on TV.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
          There's speculation that this is going to be a brutal weekend in terms of releases by the WWE. Trent Barretta and Skyler Moon have already been let go and there's apparently going to be more to come. Some people have been speculating that Zack Ryder could be released soon and that's why the WWE skipped him on the list of Superstars with the most Twitter followers. If Ryder is released I feel bad for him as I think he may be typecast forever as the Broski and TNA already has a carboncopy of that gimmick in Robbie E
          Ryder believes, he too, is getting cut considering he is stopping the True Long Island Story and even on the 100th episode acknowledged he's getting future endeavored.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
            Barretta getting 86'd is bullshit because he's basically in the same boat as Tyson Kidd (now injured and possibly won't be the same again BTW...).

He got a few seconds of shine in a couple of matches that everyone's forgotten about (that's important to Vince) and then he went down into that hole of non-Televised matches that few get out of.

Ryder got his 15 and then cried about it after.

Rightfully so but he built up his character so well that he wouldn't be believable doing anything else, even as a heel.

Same shit happened to Santino and that dude can go but we never see it because of who he is on TV.
            They never legitimately pushed Ryder...hell, they never even jobbed him out.

Ziggler and Cena went to bat for him, put him over, and then they buried him. The Eve storyline, never getting his win back against Kane...perma-bury.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Barretta is good. Always enjoyed his stuff (when he was actually used, he was used even less than the usual C-show guy).

Doesn't Zack Ryder own the name? I could be wrong, but if memory serves he was Zack Ryder as an indie guy, then the whole Majors Brothers deal in developmental & ECW, and then back to Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins as the Edge Geeks.

Anyway, either way, somebody was telling me that he's a total geek (not meant in an insulting way) and wants to do the whole Chikara/indie thing if he gets cut. So I wouldn't expect him to jump right into TNA (or even ROH if TNA doesn't want him), because it seems like he's a frustrated dude who wants to do some creatively fulfilling stuff before he jumps back into 'corporate' wrestling.

Of course that could all be terribly inaccurate, so who knows.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                War Hero
                • May 2012

Ready to Rumble is on HBO right now.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

He's pretty open on his YouTube show...he's been frustrated for a while.

He is a geek...he's bros with Morrison, so I am sure he'll go have fun in the Indies...Trent Barretta will, too...

I'm certain he'll be a regular in NYWC...

He's got friends in the E, I'm sure he'll be back.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                    War Hero
                    • May 2012

Honestly I never saw the appeal in Ryder.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

what a great man

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

"Tell me, who's your favorite superstar?

"Um... you and Cena."

Okay, say that again but without Cena."

Castagnoli forever.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

I like how he ordered the grilled chicken at the greasy spoon BBQ joint and said "See America? You can always make good choices. There is no excuse to be FAT."

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

When he asked the architect student to come back and remodel the entire city, I almost died.

Also when he started flipping coins into the empty fountain to wish himself far, far away from there...

Twice.

The place looked like shit with no tourists and it not being "in-season."

Comment

• SuperKevin
                              War Hero
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD

what a great man
                              At :34 I can tell you where I'd like to seat myself

Comment

• SuperKevin
                                War Hero
                                • Dec 2009

I love Cesaro.

Comment

Working...