X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

I've seen every Rumble...but its like watching an Iron Man match...to me, its only good for one time watch because they are so fucking long. I just ain't got time to watch'em over and over again. Plus, its tough to keep my attention in that format again, even though its segmented for the ADD watcher.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

First off, he'd have to start a new twitter and who knows how many followers he would lose.

Second, a lot would depend on if he used the name. Smaller indies will use it anyway, but the bigger guys have to be more careful.

I think a guy like Barretta will do GREAT, because he can really go in the ring, so he will get booked by places like PWS, NWS, etc that like to use former names, but also the 'workrate' indies that like to use great workers and put together great matches. His phone literally rang as soon as he was fired, and he was booked by PWS before WWE even announced he was gone. For a guy who was never used on house shows, didn't work a single PPV, had no merch, wasn't on many (if any) DVD's, wasn't in the video game, etc he was basically making his downside and might do just as well (if not better) on the indie scene (at least the first year or so).

But what is Ryder worth without the name? I don't know. LIke most he's do well for a few months for sure, but beyond that, the further he gets from TV it becomes a struggle.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        First off, he'd have to start a new twitter and who knows how many followers he would lose.

Second, a lot would depend on if he used the name. Smaller indies will use it anyway, but the bigger guys have to be more careful.

I think a guy like Barretta will do GREAT, because he can really go in the ring, so he will get booked by places like PWS, NWS, etc that like to use former names, but also the 'workrate' indies that like to use great workers and put together great matches. His phone literally rang as soon as he was fired, and he was booked by PWS before WWE even announced he was gone. For a guy who was never used on house shows, didn't work a single PPV, had no merch, wasn't on many (if any) DVD's, wasn't in the video game, etc he was basically making his downside and might do just as well (if not better) on the indie scene (at least the first year or so).

But what is Ryder worth without the name? I don't know. LIke most he's do well for a few months for sure, but beyond that, the further he gets from TV it becomes a struggle.
        He can just change his twitter handle, it doesn't require him to start a "new" Twitter. Hell, Morrison still uses his Twitter with WWE logo and everything. He won't lose followers unless they unfollow him...which is highly unlikely to get a mass exodus of unfollowing on Twitter. FWIW, Morrison has a little under 600K followers.

The facebook like-page (facebook is becoming archaic, really) is a grey area, as most of those are corporate run. But Twitter accounts are run completely by the talent, and by all accounts are owned and operated by the talent themselves.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Anyone read the spoilers for the first two TNA PPVs?

The Joker's Wild Tournament seems a bit confusing and a clusterfuck of sorts, but it was definitely "Joker's Wild" as they had some weird pairings. I probably wouldn't buy.

The X-Division looks interesting.

They bring in a ton of guys...

Matt Bentley, Lince Dorado, Jimmy Rave, Puma, Rashad Cameron, Tony Nese, Rubix, Mason Andrews, Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt.

Samoa Joe v. Austin Aries gets great buzz as does Jerry Lynn v. RVD.

The X-Division PPV sounds like a buy.

Comment

• SuperKevin
            War Hero
            • Dec 2009

It sounds like TNA plans on pushing Christian York a bit which is good news. He's by far the most ready of the Gut Check performers and it shows that the whole Gut Check thing actually means something

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              He can just change his twitter handle, it doesn't require him to start a "new" Twitter. Hell, Morrison still uses his Twitter with WWE logo and everything. He won't lose followers unless they unfollow him...which is highly unlikely to get a mass exodus of unfollowing on Twitter. FWIW, Morrison has a little under 600K followers.

The facebook like-page (facebook is becoming archaic, really) is a grey area, as most of those are corporate run. But Twitter accounts are run completely by the talent, and by all accounts are owned and operated by the talent themselves.
              Just did some random investigating, and it looks like the twitter thing is hit or miss. A lot of guys using the same one (like Morrison), and some other old WWE ones appear to be deleted. Could be that the talent deleted the old ones, but why on earth would you do that if you didn't have to? Makes no sense to me, but who knows.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                It sounds like TNA plans on pushing Christian York a bit which is good news. He's by far the most ready of the Gut Check performers and it shows that the whole Gut Check thing actually means something
                I love seeing it. He's done a good job there so far, and I think they plan on having him win the X-Division title tonight. Win or loss, RVD doesn't really gain much, and he and York will have a good match. If it doesn't happen at this PPV, it still sets them up with a good feud for the next month or so, and have him win on a Championship Thursday

Just did some random investigating, and it looks like the twitter thing is hit or miss. A lot of guys using the same one (like Morrison), and some other old WWE ones appear to be deleted. Could be that the talent deleted the old ones, but why on earth would you do that if you didn't have to? Makes no sense to me, but who knows.
                My guess would be if it has WWE in the handle name. Obviously, you can't go to another company and use that, at least I would think.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

I think Ryder only got the name when he was in WWE so I'd be surprised if he was able to keep it if he ends up on the indy's and the same with the twitter.

On the bright side, you can easily change your twitter handle while keeping the account.

FWIW, it's @ZackRyder

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz

My guess would be if it has WWE in the handle name. Obviously, you can't go to another company and use that, at least I would think.
                    But in that case they can change the handle and keep the account.

Sometimes these guys just flat start over. Maybe they just want to erase the past or whatever, but why willingly give up all those followers?

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                      • Sep 2024

Sometimes these guys just flat start over. Maybe they just want to erase the past or whatever, but why willingly give up all those followers?
                      I don't have a Twitter, so I didn't know it was easy to change the handle.

You are right, there may be one person out of a group that decides to do that. It may very well be that WWE ran the account for that talent and they just canned it.

Comment

• BigBiss
                        • Mar 2009

So how long befor Buggy Nova is in DGUSA/CZW

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                          So how long befor Buggy Nova is in DGUSA/CZW
                          Kind of redundant with Von Eerie, no?

Maybe another chance for Larry Dallas to bore us to death with another intergender feud.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                            Highwayman
                            • Feb 2009

They don't care?

I can't see a guy like Ryder, whose only claim to fame is such a substantial social media following dropping his accounts unwillingly, and I can't see the WWE forcing a suspension of the account if the guy is no longer under their umbrella, as the accounts belong to talent, not the WWE.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                              I love seeing it. He's done a good job there so far, and I think they plan on having him win the X-Division title tonight. Win or loss, RVD doesn't really gain much, and he and York will have a good match. If it doesn't happen at this PPV, it still sets them up with a good feud for the next month or so, and have him win on a Championship Thursday.
                              I see York winning the X-Division title at some point...not sure if its tonight. I would like to see Kenny King get a run before York.

RVD does need to drop the title though...he's a good champ to help springboard the next guy at this point, but his matches have been pretty boring and formulaic.

I'm curious if RVD came down to the ring with the X-Division Title at the PPV.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                                War Hero
                                • Dec 2009

Anyone else planning on watching Genesis tonight?

Comment

Working...