X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

I cracked up at this line from the observer board

Where's Sammy Hagar's Youshoot on the rich history of Lucha Libre?

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Okada is such a rare case..really, there are only half cases or guys that get to a certain point.

I think DDP is the closest you'll find...but he was never the best in the world in the ring, although, he greatly improved. Working with Mach, Benoit, and Raven yielded very good matches...drug Goldberg to perhaps Goldberg's best match...

Became a top face of WCW.
      The issue with DDP is his build was so much longer. By mid-96 he started gaining steam, by mid 97 he was in the star-esque making feud with Savage but didn't break through to the semi main/main event by mid 98. I do understand the in-ring point though as 96 was like night and day with him and the light came on.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

Guess who finally made the arbitrary list that the 'E concocted (featuring names that deserve more recognition than they get)?

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/la-parka

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

When Worlds Collide was in 1994, not 1996.

And La Parka was pretty far down the list of guys who made big impressions on that show.

Nit picky, but that's what I do.

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
            The issue with DDP is his build was so much longer. By mid-96 he started gaining steam, by mid 97 he was in the star-esque making feud with Savage but didn't break through to the semi main/main event by mid 98. I do understand the in-ring point though as 96 was like night and day with him and the light came on.
            always felt the night they put it on Goldberg they should of put it on DDP

Comment

• JimLeavy59
              War Hero
              • May 2012

Brooke had to have been born a man.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                In 96 he was still wrestling the likes of Guerrero, Kidman, Duggan, jobbing to the Booty Man. He really was not anywhere special.

'97 was his year though...he gave the nWo a comeuppance and went from lower end guy they really didn't know what to do with, to giving the Diamond Cutter to Scott Hall, going through the crowd and was immediately a star after that...that was in January. The ring work got better within that year to where in 97 he was working with Savage. He headlined Spring Stampede in April. Main Evented the Bash. Top match @ Bash at the Beach.

Not necessarily Okada...but close enough.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Catching up with Impact...

First off...Taz I guess will be the Aces and 8's Mouthpiece? He wasn't too bad there.

But why is he back at the announcing booth doing the same ole schtick?

Keep him as the mouthpiece get him out of the booth.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

I dont think we'll find one closer than DDP, at least not in a big time major league promotion.

He was not quite the level of star Okada is now, and he's not even close to the worker, but he was a top star for sure, and a passable worker. And he came from a similar level (although Okada came from an even deeper abyss).

Okada ticks all three boxes. Was buried six feet under with a push so insignificant that there really are no words (in both TNA & New Japan). He was considered a mediocre worker at best, and was coming off what by any standard was an absolute DUD at WrestleKingdom. I doubt we see anything like it in a long, long time.

And lets not forget, Okada's rise also jump started buisness. WCW was rolling along with or without DDP.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

Do I really gotta say it?

Bully Ray is "on suspension" because Hulk Hogan hates his new fake son.

Bully Ray needs to get off this "suspension" so he can help TNA in general fight off, if not kill, Aces and Eights.

My question is, WHAT THE FUCK HAS EVER STOPPED A PRO WRESTLER FROM FIGHTING ANYBODY?

Ray can just put Aces and Eights in the dirt, regardless of Old Fuck Hogan's approval, but nooooo... he's lost his fuckin' balls and now he's tied down with being a face and being fake-married to Horseface.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                        2011 Poster Of The Year
                        • Mar 2009

Why is Taz allowed in the building and why is he allowed on commentary?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                          Giants in the Super Bowl
                          • Mar 2009

Nothing Aces and 8s makes sense.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

Man all that work they did last year is being pissed down the drain with this Aces and 8s storyline.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                              I dont think we'll find one closer than DDP, at least not in a big time major league promotion.

He was not quite the level of star Okada is now, and he's not even close to the worker, but he was a top star for sure, and a passable worker. And he came from a similar level (although Okada came from an even deeper abyss).

Okada ticks all three boxes. Was buried six feet under with a push so insignificant that there really are no words (in both TNA & New Japan). He was considered a mediocre worker at best, and was coming off what by any standard was an absolute DUD at WrestleKingdom. I doubt we see anything like it in a long, long time.

And lets not forget, Okada's rise also jump started buisness. WCW was rolling along with or without DDP.
                              Oh for sure...no one is touching Okada...but DDP is the closest I can think...and its not even super close but he checks the boxes.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                                Nothing Aces and 8s makes sense.
                                They are completely lost on what they want to do with this damn storyline.

Aces and 8's is like pulling our your entertainment center and seeing the big pile of tangled wires...

Comment

Working...