X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

TNA really should maximize King Mo and Rampage Jackson and their crossover to Bellator.

They need to have a feud that is in both TNA and Bellator. Have the lead up and prior altercations on TNA, then have a big blow off on Bellator co-promoting in a real MMA fight.

It'd actually be something innovative and different and TNA could actually make some waves and would definitely blur the line between what is real and what is a work.

It would maximize their celebrity and their promo, and would not expose them to actual wrestling, which, they are both going to be weak on. Center it around their promos, their ability to get into the mainstream media. You have them get into some scrums on TNA. Then you have a cross-promoted TNA/Bellator PPV with King Mo and Rampage Jackson in a main event.

Comment

• SuperKevin
      War Hero
      • Dec 2009

My dream angle in TNA would be for a stable to be formed between Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, King Mo, and Rampage where they basically proclaim MMA and shoot fighting to be superior to pro wrestling.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
        No longer a noob
        • Apr 2011

I think unless they get really creative, the Mo/Rampage involvement is going to be a flop. They already are off to a bad start, because Rampage is a name and they throw him out there on Impact without advertising and hyping it up like they should.

To Larry's point, it's almost impossible to blur the line anymore because people automatically assume that anything that happens on a wrestling show is fake. We've seen guys like Sorensen(?, blanking) legit break his neck and half the tards on the internet stumble over themselves rushing to the keyboard to call "work". That's what makes Punk's promo so goddamn epic, because people really didn't know. And whether it's real or not, it rarely ever captivates people anymore to speculate.

And you really can't play up the MMA-style wrestling with Joe and Angle too much. It takes anyone who works with them out of their comfort zone, and half the guys they work with in the first place aren't even good WRESTLERS (Anderson), and that's what they've trained to do for years!

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
          My dream angle in TNA would be for a stable to be formed between Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, King Mo, and Rampage where they basically proclaim MMA and shoot fighting to be superior to pro wrestling.
          With Davey Richards, Kyle O'Reilly and WHEELMAN Tony Kozina.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
            War Hero
            • May 2012

The WWE needs to hire the graphic designer who does most MMA walkout shirts. The shirts today are so fucking goofy.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
              I thought Palmer had a bad knee? I guess he's taking bookings anyway.
              Im not over joyed by it ...

Comment

• FedEx227
                Delivers
                • Mar 2009

Who is the secret admirer?

I don't really care I'm just shilling for a writer on the Voices of Wrestling website.

A month or so ago it was revealed that Kaitlyn has a secret admirer. We’ve been treated to a number of lifeless backstage segments in which we’ve seen the Divas champion discussing the situation with Natalya and Brodus Clay’s Funkadactyls. It’s not been the most engrossing television but at least it’s given WWE’s female champ something to do.

On the list of things confirmed for this evening’s RAW, sandwiched between Triple H wrestling Curtis Axel and the return of Dolph Ziggler, is the reveal of the secret admirer’s identity. To be clear, just because WWE say the identity’s going to be revealed doesn’t mean it will actually happen. There’s every chance that any segment featuring Kaitlyn will simply be designed to further the mystery. The entire thing could even be bumped from the show completely.
                VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                  Highwayman
                  • Feb 2009

Did someone really write that for VOW?

God damn, Fed...you are dying for content.

Comment

• FedEx227
                    Delivers
                    • Mar 2009

Content is king. Dave's a good guy, I can't understand why he would care enough to write an article about it but whatever. He wrote an article about CM Punk and TJ Perkins earlier in the week so I'll let him slide.
                    VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• FedEx227
                      Delivers
                      • Mar 2009

Here's the TJ Perkins/Suicide one.

Career Suicide

Over the last week or so I’ve had cause to mention TNA’s Suicide character a couple of times. For those who don’t know Suicide is a wrestler who wears a suit that covers his entire body, emblazoned with the word “SUICIDE” in all caps, has a generic red and black colour scheme, and boasts a skull on the face. The design was chosen so as to allow multiple people to play the character when it was first introduced back in 2008.
                      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
                        Content is king. Dave's a good guy, I can't understand why he would care enough to write an article about it but whatever. He wrote an article about CM Punk and TJ Perkins earlier in the week so I'll let him slide.
                        I am sure David is a swell guy...couldn't pay me to read about Kaitlyn, I didn't even know they were still doing that storyline...I zip past her segments everytime.

Comment

• MrBill
                          Billy Brewer Sucks Penis
                          • Feb 2009

Following up on the the RCW FANdemonium event this past Saturday night. I have to hand it to Brandon Oliver (RCW President), they really had a top notch show here locally.

-Joey Palmer won the 4 way submission match to hold on to his RCW Phoenix belt. If his knee was bothering him, it wasn't evident during the match. Not a lot of aerial stuff though so maybe he was trying to minimize impact.

-The "fan" chosen match up had a tag team match featuring Don Juan (biggest heel in the stable), Chris Fuentes and Kash squaring off against Brandon Oliver, Eric Ortiz and Jose Guerra. Good match overall but predictable that Oliver would get a few shots in on Don Juan. Still went over big with the crowd.

-Sicodelico, Jr put his RCW heavyweight belt up against Steve McEnroe in best of 3 falls match. I see Sico as being the biggest talent on the RCW roster and could end up with one of the national promotions one of the days. He won the first and third falls to win the match and hold on to his title. Lots of great action and McEnroe held up his end of the match.

-The ladders match with RCW International champion Sammy Guevera was originally supposed to be a 2 person match vs. Chris Cross but a female wrestler that goes by Chica was added moments before the match got underway to make it a 3 way fight for the belt. This ended up being a brutal match. There were a few miscues by all of the wrestlers that involved off balance falls from the ladders and a pile driver from the ring apron onto a ladder that just sounded like it hurt. I thought the match was going to stop when Chica fell awkwardly from the top of the ladder onto the steel retaining gate around the ring. All action stopped for about 5 minutes and she sucked it up and finished the match with Guevera holding on to his title. The crowd went ape shit over this match.

-Last was the tables match for the tag team belts. RCW champions Joey Spector, Michael Patrick and Rob Love faced off against TNA Aces & Eights members Doc & Knux. The match got started with Doc and Knux bringing in a midget to be their 3rd person and there was lots of laughs as they used him as a battering ram against Spector. From there, it was just a non-stop ass kicking with Doc and Knux literally beating the asses of the RCW guys around the entire venue...even upstairs to the bar. They smashed chairs on them, hit them with beer bottles handed to them from the crowd and put them all through tables to win the match. The match went over huge with the crowd and there must have been 50 people standing in line to get pictures with them after the show.

Here's the champions from the matches on Saturday night-

L-R Doc, Sammy Guevera, Sicodelico Jr, Matthew Palmer, Knux

My wife has some great video on her phone of the tables match. I'll try to upload some of that when I get a chance.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                            War Hero
                            • May 2012

The Miz blows.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
                              The Miz blows.
                              The guy needs to be a manager/authority figure in the worst way. At least then, his matches will be infrequent at best.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

The Miz needs to be a heel. Fin.

The most chicken shit of heels, really. He's not good in the ring (although, he's improved)...so, make him a chicken shit heel and it'll negate a lot of the shit he does in the ring.

His first run as a heel against Cena was good...piss poor payoff, but he showed he can be a good chicken shit heel.

Comment

Working...