War Hero
    • May 2012

lol at Ryback.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

RE: The above Daniel Bryan story.

You know, the WWE isn't for the smark wrestling fan...its not. But, you get the taste every once in a while, enough so to make it worth it.

If you had said years ago that Bryan Danielson would go 35 minutes on RAW and 25 of those minutes came against Claudio Castagnoli in a lead up to main eventing Summer Slam you would have gotten laughed at. Many years ago, if you said the WWE would do a Summer of Punk themselves, you would have also gotten laughed at. While the gimmicks and pushes aren't exactly what you want, they happen.

And, I am all aboard this Punk v. Lesnar and Heyman feud. This has some real potential to be a nice, long feud to keep Punk out of the title picture for a while. Its the oldie, but goodie, "get to the manager" angle. The promos have legitimately been A+ to me. Really good work so far. I fully expect a ****+ match at Summer Slam. I don't see how Punk, Heyman and by proxy, Lesnar, let it be anything else. Really awesome stuff so far.

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Punk was vanilla when he came back from his most recent break. But since Heyman turned, he's been white hot. Both men have been on fire.

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          RE: Luger.

Luger is like the Eddie George of wrestlers. Top 10 pick. A lot of productivity simply because he got the ball a LOT. But never elite or made a team better.

Is that a bust? I don't know.
          That's a good analogy. Luger had a very good career. OK, he wasn't the GOAT, but he was the first ever replacement on The Four Horsemen, had that look, did the surprise WCW thing (when he quit WWF). Luger may not have reached Hogan levels, but he has little to apologize for.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Anybody who complained about Heyman as a Hall of Famer in 2006 or whatever it was, they can shut their mouths now because he'd be a slam dunk by now anyway based on his current WWE manager run putting him over the top.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Comment

• FedEx227
                  Delivers
                  • Mar 2009

We added a heavy-hitter to the Voices of Wrestling staff, former Cageside Seats featured writer Nich Lichter. Here's this first piece (it's pretty awesome):

Through territories and time, different promoters have approached the fakery of pro-wrestling in different ways. Where the opinions of Masked Man and myself differ is here: In modern WWE, there has been no grand paradigm shift in creative direction when it comes to working off of news reported outside the WWE Universe. We have not entered a new, unprecedented, Reality Era in WWE storytelling or a new “bizarro, hyper-self-aware moment” necessitated by the circle of new smart fans on the internet. Wink-wink references to Dutch Mantell, to Van Dam’s pot use, to Vince’s predilection for big men... they all pale in comparison to the "reality" of modern wrestling's most infamous self-stylized writer.

Through territories and time, different promoters have approached the fakery of pro-wrestling in different ways. Where the opinions of Masked Man and myself differ is here: In modern WWE, there has been no grand paradigm shift in creative direction when it comes to working off of news reported outside the WWE Universe. We have not entered a new Reality Era in WWE storytelling or an unprecedented “bizarro, hyper-self-aware moment” necessitated by the circle of new smart fans on the internet. Wink-wink references to Dutch Mantel, to Van Dam’s pot use, to Vince’s predilection for big men… they all pale in comparison to the “reality” of modern wrestling’s most infamous self-stylized writer.
                  VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                    • Sep 2024

"I'll always feel that way... when they made the movie Avengers, Scarlett Johannsen, Hawkeye and Captain America did not fit with Thor and Hulk.

"People want that. Ryback got pushed to the moon because he had that look. People want to see that. You get over faster if you look like you're a monster. I don't take anything away from... I wanna see a 6'5" guy get on the mound and throw a 110mph fast ball. I really don't want to see some guy doin' the Maddox [former MLB Pitcher Greg Maddox] and cuttin' the corners and all that. I appreciate it, but I wanna see somebody come in there and throw 3 pitches, 110mph, strike the guy out."
                    This is Kevin Nash on Danielson and Punk being too small. Can Kevin Nash tear his quad again and shut the hell up? What an idiot.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

Who cares what Nash wants to see?

Comment

• BigBiss
                        • Mar 2009

I want to see a Nash guest booker

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

-According to one source, WWE officials are apparently looking to create a big-time African American babyface. The idea is to create him to try and draw more directly from that demographic, as welll as move merchandise, similar to the role Rey Mysterio fulfills in WWE for the Latin community.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF

Let's face it, it's only a matter of time.

He has some work to do, he is protected well in Dragon Gate, but this guy is Zeke Jackson with flipz, a license to print money.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                              No longer a noob
                              • Apr 2011

What's wrong with Consequences Creed?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                                What's wrong with Consequences Creed?
                                He's 5'7".

Can be a nice curtain jerker for the kids, for sure.

Comment

Working...