X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JimLeavy59
    Um pretty sure I said that right after Smmerslam you were arguing that him chasing the belt would make him a bigger star.
    It will.

Why will that have changed? He's the top babyface in the top program for the top title. He's main eventing the next PPV.

This angle is boring & repetitive. But that's how WWE angles are. The heels are getting heat (what a concept!), and they are repeating the same shit every week on every show. And the casual WWE fan is eating it for lunch. 15,000 people chanting "Daniel Bryan" every week. BURIAL.

It's been three weeks since SummerSlam, and they haven't even had the next PPV yet. No reason for Bryan to have gotten the upper hand yet. They are still stacking the deck against him. He isn't Stone Cold, different kind of character, different place, different time. He's the ultimate underdog, the role he was born to play. And when he finally gets his comeuppance, and taps Randy Orton center of the ring, against the odds, the fucking roof is going to come off.

This angle is boring, repetitive, and predictable. If you have learned anything about Daniel Bryan by now, it's that he overcomes the worst shit they toss at him. You really think a main event angle is what will sink him? He survived goat face & Team Hell No & love triangles & dumb beards & everything else. He's a made guy now, a true top star. If the angle is frustrating to you, watch New Japan for give & take, "no bullshit" in ring storytelling. This is WWE, brother.

Comment

• EmpireWF
      Giants in the Super Bowl
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      This is why I couldn't get behind this program from jump street. Its no longer Bryan versus the McMahon-Helmsley Faction...its going to be Bryan, Big Show, Rhodes, et al...obvious shit is obvious.

Gross.
      survivor series says

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Highwayman
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
        survivor series says
        I'm well aware of where this is going...and it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
          It will.

Why will that have changed? He's the top babyface in the top program for the top title. He's main eventing the next PPV.

This angle is boring & repetitive. But that's how WWE angles are. The heels are getting heat (what a concept!), and they are repeating the same shit every week on every show. And the casual WWE fan is eating it for lunch. 15,000 people chanting "Daniel Bryan" every week. BURIAL.

It's been three weeks since SummerSlam, and they haven't even had the next PPV yet. No reason for Bryan to have gotten the upper hand yet. They are still stacking the deck against him. He isn't Stone Cold, different kind of character, different place, different time. He's the ultimate underdog, the role he was born to play. And when he finally gets his comeuppance, and taps Randy Orton center of the ring, against the odds, the fucking roof is going to come off.

This angle is boring, repetitive, and predictable. If you have learned anything about Daniel Bryan by now, it's that he overcomes the worst shit they toss at him. You really think a main event angle is what will sink him? He survived goat face & Team Hell No & love triangles & dumb beards & everything else. He's a made guy now, a true top star. If the angle is frustrating to you, watch New Japan for give & take, "no bullshit" in ring storytelling. This is WWE, brother.
          Is Bryan the top babyface? Yes. Unfortunately, while ultimately, Bryan will go over (we can only hope), this isn't his vehicle. Its a vehicle to establish HHH, re-establish Orton near the top, and be the set up for HHH-McMahon for WrestleMania.

Remember back on NXT, Bryan was "made" in his first match with Jericho, so they decided to job him out to everyone in hopes of getting everyone else over? Same concept. Bryan beating Cena made him and they are using that to put everyone else over. I still don't believe Bryan will ever be more over than he was the night he beat Cena (which was "Superstar"...same when Punk beat Cena)...so all of this is just for storytelling purposes and not really elevating Bryan anymore than he was when he beat Cena.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

I told you they were setting up HHH/McMahon for Mania weeks ago! You didn't believe me! So yeah, I agree with that.

But I disagree with re-establishing Orton. He is a pawn and being painted as an unworthy geek. He isn't positioned as a strong heel here, he's positioned as a fraud champion.

People have every right to be cynical with the direction of the angle, because promoters cant help pushing themselves, especially the McMahons, but I cant listen to this stuff from people that Bryan isn't being pushed. I mean, c'mon. Get a clue.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
              Beautiful Like Moses
              • Oct 2008

LOL my god this Big Show shit really is god awful. Theres never been a wrestler just randomly thrown into the worst storylines after time off than Big Show, its happened more times than I can count. Worst iron clad contract ive ever seen..

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                2011 Poster Of The Year
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                LOL my god this Big Show shit really is god awful. Theres never been a wrestler just randomly thrown into the worst storylines after time off than Big Show, its happened more times than I can count. Worst iron clad contract ive ever seen..
                LOL @ his finances being "public record". What a dumb line.

Utter shit, this story is.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Rare footage of the aborted Hulk Hogan/Jake Roberts feud from late 1986/early 1987. Jake has maintained for years that the feud was dropped because as a heel he was getting massive cheers against Hogan, which at that time was unheard of as Hogan was at his peak.

This is local promotional footage from the Providence market, which is where one of the few matches took place. Jake was turned face in early 1987 when Honkytonk Man attacked him on The Snake Pit with his guitar. It ended up not being a worked guitar, and injured Jake's back badly, which Jake says led to his pain pill addiction.

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

I think even Hogan said the same about Jake The Snake. It was drooped for that reason.
                    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Do any of you guys recognize the building? The wrestled in Winnipeg, which is supposedly the match where Jake was so over that they officially decided to drop the whole deal. But that footage is likely from Providence since they are building to a rematch on "January 29". Hogan did indeed face Jake on January 29 1987 in Providence.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                        Highwayman
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        I told you they were setting up HHH/McMahon for Mania weeks ago! You didn't believe me! So yeah, I agree with that.

But I disagree with re-establishing Orton. He is a pawn and being painted as an unworthy geek. He isn't positioned as a strong heel here, he's positioned as a fraud champion.

People have every right to be cynical with the direction of the angle, because promoters cant help pushing themselves, especially the McMahons, but I cant listen to this stuff from people that Bryan isn't being pushed. I mean, c'mon. Get a clue.
                        Uh, what?

The entire reason I've disliked this is because I knew Bryan, while being the lead face of the program and ultimately going over, would take a backseat to other storylines, making him going over less of a big deal.

It already is less of a big deal because now, not only is Bryan "fighting the man" they are throwing Big Show and Cody Rhodes into the mix.

As for Orton, its been reported for a year that they've wanted to bring him back from the mid-card back to the top of the card. They are pushing him as a fraud champion, but their goal has already been met...he's back in the main event scene. Not sure how you can disagree with that.

Comment

• BigBiss
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy

Comment

• Herm
                            Boomshakalaka
                            • Oct 2008

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Uh, what?

The entire reason I've disliked this is because I knew Bryan, while being the lead face of the program and ultimately going over, would take a backseat to other storylines, making him going over less of a big deal.

It already is less of a big deal because now, not only is Bryan "fighting the man" they are throwing Big Show and Cody Rhodes into the mix.

As for Orton, its been reported for a year that they've wanted to bring him back from the mid-card back to the top of the card. They are pushing him as a fraud champion, but their goal has already been met...he's back in the main event scene. Not sure how you can disagree with that.
                              I will admit I'm not entirely happy with the direction the angle has took for the reason I bolded. Im all for Bryan being the sole focal point here but now it's turning into the company vs. McMahon's deal which is meh, been there done that way too many times. I know it's just building up for a Survivor Series match but I can't help but think it's taking some of the shine off Bryan.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                                Highwayman
                                • Feb 2009

PWG TEN Review

Once again, from American Legion #308 in Reseda, California, PWG presents their tenth anniversary show...TEN. As usual, Excalibur and his cast of characters are back on commentary. Tonight, Joey Ryan returns and Anthony Nese debuts. Also, will Adam Cole and The Young Bucks get their comeuppance? Let's find out!

Comment

Working...