X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Warner, when you finish watching the DGUSA, you should hook me up with your username and PW so I can watch the Gargano/Hero match.

:offside:

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      I have to rant about Shoemaker.

He went to the DGUSA show on Sunday, and tweeted a pic from the venue "Pro wrestling from Brooklyn". He made two other tweets, lame easy jokes like (paraphrasing) "who is this Chris Hero guy ripping off the Kassius Ohno gimmick!", and "This Trent (Barreta) guy is going to make it someday!". Those guys were in WWE, get it, get it? Cutting edge humor, I know.

This is what makes me mad about Shoemaker. He, even more than Meltzer, has the loudest voice in mainstream wrestling journalism. He has the biggest & highest profile platform. He's a good writer, if you like the new age conversational writing style that Bill Simmons has popularized. He is CLEARLY a nerd fan like we are, and knows damn well what DGUSA is, and who the rest of the people on the card are. I know this because he casually mentions indie shows all of the time, and is familiar with guys when WWE signs them.

Yet instead of helping spread the word on the cool wrestling that is happening out there that isn't WWE, he does this "too cool for school" act and stays as mainstream as possible to retain his "hey, I know I write about this stuff, but at the end of the day it's just silly wrestling and it isn't to be taken seriously, especially these indie geeks" aura.

He could have talked up DGUSA, informed his followers of how the WWE roster is loaded with its alumni, or maybe even talked up Ricochet or AR Fox or Johnny Gargano or The Young Bucks...

He could write a column about it.

But he won't. But maybe that's why he makes a living writing about wrestling, keepin' it easy & taking no chances.

He never even bothered to type the letters DGUSA or Dragon Gate USA. "Pro wrestling in Brooklyn"

I'm fired up, I think i'll write something for VOW and rip him to shreds.
      I'm in the waning pages of the book and my review with be a scathing look, so we'll be doing a lot of Shoemaker bashing.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Warner, when you finish watching the DGUSA, you should hook me up with your username and PW so I can watch the Gargano/Hero match.

:offside:
        Didn't order. Don't plan on it. Sorry.

Also, its like $10 or something you cheapskate. Jeez.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

Didn't order. Don't plan on it. Sorry.

Also, its like $10 or something you cheapskate. Jeez.
          Pfft.

Forget you.

I'll just wait for 3 people from Russia to put it on a torrent

Comment

• FedEx227
            Delivers
            • Mar 2009

I considered ordering today and I may still but SAL~~~!!! fucked it up so it won't be available until Thursday again.
            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards are working the NXT tapings tomorrow, likely doing job duty, without contracts. Then Davey leaves for Japan for a NOAH tour. They will be used at tapings only moving forward until Triple H decides their fate. They are free to work anywhere in the meantime. They have a deal on the table with TNA also.

Comment

• SuperKevin
                War Hero
                • Dec 2009

I'll be there and let you know how it goes

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                  2011 Poster Of The Year
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by SuperKevin
                  I'll be there and let you know how it goes
                  Take note if they get goofy names, if people recognize them, and their height relative to others on the roster.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

Also, can you tweet us key results & other newsworthy shit aside from the Wolves, at VOW?

Comment

• SuperKevin
                      War Hero
                      • Dec 2009

No problem at all

Comment

• Ravin
                        Dishing the Gino's
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
                        I really want to know the viewership drop because of this country shit.
                        I'll let you know Wednesday if you remind me.
                        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                          2011 Poster Of The Year
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
                          He didn't have the quarter hour breakdowns this week, only the overall numbers, sorry.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Regardless it was one of the worst non-Holiday Raws in quite some time but almost identical to the week before.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Ravin
                              Dishing the Gino's
                              • Feb 2009

It seemed like a pointless theme, and just a way to get the country music guys on. I laughed when they said "And here is RAW country's theme song by FGL" play it for a few seconds, and then go right back to their other music when giving a match preview with the graphics for Big E and Axel.

A few scenes in the back with the band and a song ... what was exactly country about that?
                              All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

So..the AMERICAN PITBULLS debuted in WWE at the NXT show.

I won't steal SuperKevin's thunder. He'll tell you all about it.
                                Last edited by Warner2BruceTD; 11-21-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...