X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Something about the commission in whatever state they were in two weeks ago.

Also, forgot about SAM SHAW and his Pat Bateman/Dexter Morgan hybrid. I love that too.
    I gotta see this.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      I gotta see this.
      Yeah, he's totally gonna kidnap, rape, murder, and eat Christie Hemme. He has a shrine and everything.

A couple of weeks ago, they had SIMON DIAMOND bump into him in some dimly lit back room. So Diamond is all like "Oh hey Sam, you're looking good, I see big things in your future!"

Shaw is standing there in his Dexter Morgan kill outfit (long sleeve pullover, gloves, etc), and as soon as Diamond turns around to leave, he knocks him out cold and presumably kills him or something.

It's legit awesome.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Here's Shaw murdering Simon Diamond

Note the SHOE SNIFF

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
            2011 Poster Of The Year
            • Mar 2009

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              Highwayman
              • Feb 2009

So ridiculous.

This Rockstar Spud character though...a revelation.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                No longer a noob
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by FedEx227
                Shitty dialogue is different than saying "Hey the product you're currently watching, investing time in and possibly paying money for isn't worth shit but I'M (mystery investor, new commissioner, returning star, etc.) am going to make it better!"

It may be a chicken and egg scenario but companies on their death bed do this. Look, in 1996 Bret Hart didn't come out and say "Now we are getting our asses kicked in the ratings right now but I'm the new World Wrestling Federation Champion and I'm going to get us back to the top". It would've seemed insane, there's a self-confidence that comes with your company. I think that would've made a lot more people look around and go "Wait, is this company dying, should I stop being so invested?" Remember back in that age, if you weren't an Observer subscriber you had no idea they were in the financial shits. They were days away from shutting down in 1996, taking out loans left and right but the announcers, wrestlers and the general tone of the product was "This is the best product out there."

Ring of Honor didn't have AJ Styles come out and say "Roderick Strong, this guy sucks, I'm back to bring ROH back to when it actually meant something in the early 2000s". That dialogue does absolutely nothing but hurt you and your company.
                I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but at the same time, TNA is shit regardless of whether or not they acknowledge it on the air. They shouldn't, and all it is is a nod to the smarks that are tearing them up even more than anyone else. But we've been lambasting them herefor better than a year now, like many other places. Is saying that they've sucked any different than having Samoa Joe kidnapped by ninjas? Both tell me to stop wasting my time watching, they're just more dead now than they were then. It's a wrestling faux pa, but they're no better or worse than they were yesterday. It's still on par with whatever shit-show they put on last week.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                  No longer a noob
                  • Apr 2011

Here's Shaw murdering Simon Diamond

Note the SHOE SNIFF
                  Someone went to the Shane McMahon school of safe strikes...

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

TNA sure did make a big deal out of the worst kept secret in wrestling, mid carder 4lyfe MVP.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                      Giants in the Super Bowl
                      • Mar 2009

If KENTA does end up in WWE and we can get another Bryan/KENTA match:

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

TNA sure did make a big deal out of the worst kept secret in wrestling, mid carder 4lyfe MVP.
                        One of these days, TNA will make a big deal out of a wrestler who came from WWE and it'll get your attention and make a difference in the ratings.....

Or not, you know, whatever.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

The Wolves are a bigger deal for them than MVP is.

Comment

• FedEx227
                            Delivers
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by s@ppisgod
                            One of these days, TNA will make a big deal out of a wrestler who came from WWE and it'll get your attention and make a difference in the ratings...

Or not, you know, whatever.
                            That's always an issue with bringing in the outsiders. You have to make them matter more than "WOAH THEY CAME FROM THE MORE IMPORTANT COMPANY! YOU REMEMBER HIM, RIGHT?!"

It's another part of the inferiority complex.
                            VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• Ravin
                              Dishing the Gino's
                              • Feb 2009

Just watched the video of MVP coming out, and wow that pop was just .... huge?

I know the crowd wasn't huge, but it seemed more like the sound you hear when everyone is trying to exit the building.

And Dixie in that segment seemed like a very bad Vickie rip off.
                              All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

WWE

I am sorry for having you all confused over the various information about my visit in the US.

As a matter of fact, I am in the States and joining the WWE training. But as for now, it’s not about getting a tryout or a contact.

It is indeed true that I have always been yearning for a spot in WWE, and I’ve always wanted to give it a try sometime. After all, you only live once. “I should have given it a try.” “I should have chosen another way.” I’ve had those regrets when I was in my middle and high school, and even after I got in to this business. I just did not want to regret later about something I haven’t tried, so I used my time off to participate in the WWE workout. The executives were at the workout, so perhaps I may have left a mark.

The place is full of competition and hungry guys. It’s not as simple as being good at Puroresu or having strength. There are so many guys with monster physique and guys who are way athletically superior to me. And even they don’t get into the big league. That’s how tough this place could be. I can easily imagine that surviving in this environment could be severe. And spending a few days in that environment became a really good experience for me.

I’m sorry to have caused the confusion, but one thing I can say for sure is that “I’m glad I came”. I would like to work even harder making use of this experience.

And lastly, I would like to thank President Taue for letting me take this chance.

KENTA
                                He just went over there to work out, guys.

Sure sounds like he left without a deal, and is saving face with the NOAH fans. Of course he wanted a deal.

EDIT - Now that I read it again, I think he is saying he tired to get in. I don't know. Now I know why wars start so easily. These translations are impossible to decipher.

Comment

Working...