X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

TNA drew in Glasgow

This is great to see, must have felt great for the people on the show to work a crowd like this.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by OnlyOneBeerLeft
      http://www.virtualsportsnetwork.com/...38#post2373538

if you guys wanna play around with booking, im playing WWE 14 and twitching shows, could always use input, have my mind set for the 1st PPV tho

replaying the card and matches, perhaps changing some outcomes, dropped sheamus vs mark henry
      Here's my tip.

Do the opposite of everything TNA does, brother.

Comment

• SuperKevin
        War Hero
        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Lockdown

Not only a one month build, but the babyfaces are three guys who haven't worked a single match for the company yet, and noted TNA icon GUNNER.

How about new investor MVP recruits guys like Samoa Joe, maybe Chris Daniels, Eric Young even, people like that? Shouldn't those be the names rallying around the anti Dixie side?
        So essentially this is another outsiders invasion angle except this time the invaders are good guys? Didn't they figure out that shit doesn't work with Aces & 8s?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

TNA drew in Glasgow

This is great to see, must have felt great for the people on the show to work a crowd like this.
          I'm telling you...TNA needs to become a strictly UK based promotion.

They draw well over there. Do well in ratings. Stay over there, keep your Impact timeslot on Spike (who cares where they run live shows) and run the UK for 1 week every month, put together a month, month and a half worth of shows and you're good to go.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
            Highwayman
            • Feb 2009

Lockdown

Not only a one month build, but the babyfaces are three guys who haven't worked a single match for the company yet, and noted TNA icon GUNNER.

How about new investor MVP recruits guys like Samoa Joe, maybe Chris Daniels, Eric Young even, people like that? Shouldn't those be the names rallying around the anti Dixie side?
            Do they expect me (the wrestling fan local to this event) to show up for this shit?

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
              I'm telling you...TNA needs to become a strictly UK based promotion.

They draw well over there. Do well in ratings. Stay over there, keep your Impact timeslot on Spike (who cares where they run live shows) and run the UK for 1 week every month, put together a month, month and a half worth of shows and you're good to go.
              The issue is it's probably a novelty because it's once per year.

Dublin did like 500 in a 2000 seat building.

But I think these tours keep them afloat. It's the one and only positive to business.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

The issue is it's probably a novelty because it's once per year.

Dublin did like 500 in a 2000 seat building.

But I think these tours keep them afloat. It's the one and only positive to business.
                It may be novelty, but they are dirt worst here in the states. They lose money by the bucket full here. They don't make money doing house shows in front of 300 people. They couldn't possibly do worse by staying in the UK.

Hell, half of their heel stable and champ are limey fucks.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

TNA sure drew a good crowd, and it wasn't just a bunch of folks trying to see Hogan, Sting, Angle, Hardy or any former WWE/WCW wrestlers. These guys knew the TNA roster, and reacted to them much better than any crowds in recent memory. I thought the crowds last year were for Sting, Hogan and Angle, but obviously not.

This definitely keeps TNA alive though. They should do more outside of the US, because there are hotbeds of wrestling activity where they can draw. They just need to set their sights much lower for things they do back home.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                    2011 Poster Of The Year
                    • Mar 2009

From Bryan Alvarez's newsletter:

The company was initially disappointed at the reaction that Batista got for his return, but then the ratings came back sky-high and they decided, well, clearly it wasn't Batista. It must be DAYTON. So the belief is that Dayton must not be a hot town and the feeling is they're out of the running for a PPV anytime soon.
                    Anybody with a brain knew that Batista popped that rating because former big stars who return after long absences always pop a big rating. He got boo'ed out of Pittsburgh, Cleveland didn't care about him either, and his second RAW did nothing special in his hour (quarters aren't out yet).

It's amazing to me that a man who is worth a billion dollars on paper from wrestling is so god damn stubborn that he can not accept that sometimes, THE FANS DONT WANT WHAT YOU THINK THEY WANT.

Nobody gives a fuck about Batista. It's not Dayton. It's everybody. Sorry, Vince.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                      War Hero
                      • May 2012

From Bryan Alvarez's newsletter:

Anybody with a brain knew that Batista popped that rating because former big stars who return after long absences always pop a big rating. He got boo'ed out of Pittsburgh, Cleveland didn't care about him either, and his second RAW did nothing special in his hour (quarters aren't out yet).

It's amazing to me that a man who is worth a billion dollars on paper from wrestling is so god damn stubborn that he can not accept that sometimes, THE FANS DONT WANT WHAT YOU THINK THEY WANT.

Nobody gives a fuck about Batista. It's not Dayton. It's everybody. Sorry, Vince.
                      Its called living in a bubble, Vince has turned into Al Davis.

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                        Beautiful Like Moses
                        • Oct 2008

The latest on Sting is that he still has not signed but the general feeling is that it's a foregone conclusion that he's coming in. While he's not expected to be rushed into a match at WrestleMania XXX, word is that the working idea right now is for Sting to possibly be the new RAW General Manager.
                        Awful..

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Can't wait to see Joker Sting get over like a fart in church as the new RAW GM.

Undertaker v. Sting needs to happen at WrestleMania.

FIN.

It'll be a terrible match. I don't care though. I want the theatrics of that buildup and the entrances. The history of wrestling needs that damn match for posterity purposes.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

Sting's weakness has always been long promos where he talks like a normal human for longer than three minutes. Not exactly a fit for the GM role.

I don't see them backing off Lesnar/Taker this late in the game. A year long Sting/Taker build isn't the worst idea, but it's too bad they couldn't sign him sooner.

"A Man Called Sting" t-shirts went into production two weeks ago. It's a lock, just need to dot I's and cross T's.

Comment

• JimLeavy59
                              War Hero
                              • May 2012

Smart move by CM Punk. Return for Royal Rumble 2018 and be handed the Rumble win and the Wrestlemania main event on a silver platter. Way better than actually having to work for it.

Comment

• dave
                                Go the fuck outside
                                • Oct 2008

Sting hasn't been relevant since the NWO thing in the late 90s ... not sure why a 54-year-old Sting is relevant in today's market where 90% of the WWE's fans have no clue who he is. If they're lucky, Sting pulls off a New Age Outlaws.
                                My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

Working...