X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

So the guy who always loses got stabbed, put through a table, and was left laying as they went off the air.

Again, I just don't get modern booking.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

Remember when Hogan attacked Bundy before WrestleMania II and broke his ribs?

Oh wait...

Comment

• dave
        Go the fuck outside
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Lesnar never beats anybody, why should we think he can end the streak?

Then LESNAR gets left laying (i'm aware we have over a month for him to get heat on Taker).

I don't get modern booking. Now get off my lawn.
        I agree with you. While I don't deny Lesnar's athletic ability, I simply don't buy him as a bad-ass anymore.

His look is meh, his last year or two in UFC meh, his latest WWE run also meh. I bought Lesnar in his first WWE run, he looked and was booked the part. Now, he just comes across as a name and reputation. But I give him this much, every time he's been in a match in this run, they've all been good matches. He works hard and looks convincing in his matches.
        My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• JayDizzle
          Let's Go All The Way...
          • Nov 2008

One of the best things from tonight...

Other than the Emma Dance.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by JimLeavy59

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by dave
              I agree with this. It's not his fault his first gimmick sucked. I hate this crap. I get the fans turning on Batista, he's my age and his gimmick is his real life. Bray/Husky/Windham Rotunda got stuck with a shitty gimmick to begin his career by the WWE. Give him a chance to do something with this gimmick.
              But it's not just that. He's the drizzling shits in the ring, on Kane level. They hid him for months by not having him wrestle, he debuts against Kane and they put together a terribad match. So then they go back to hiding him in six mans and just coming into the ring after a match and crawling backwards doing that stupid spot he can't even pull off.

Who here actually thinks Cena will get a good match out of Wyatt? I'm in the doubtful crowd.

Comment

• dave
                Go the fuck outside
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                But it's not just that. He's the drizzling shits in the ring, on Kane level. They hid him for months by not having him wrestle, he debuts against Kane and they put together a terribad match. So then they go back to hiding him in six mans and just coming into the ring after a match and crawling backwards doing that stupid spot he can't even pull off.

Who here actually thinks Cena will get a good match out of Wyatt? I'm in the doubtful crowd.
                I simply disagree, but opinions are like assholes ... everyone has one.

To be fair, assholes have degrees of difficulty:

Originally posted by IamMedellin

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                  • Sep 2024

Originally posted by dave
                  I simply disagree, but opinions are like assholes ... everyone has one.

To be fair, assholes have degrees of difficulty:
                  I can respect you disagreeing with me, but I'd really like to know what you see that tells you that Rotunda can hang in the main event?

Comment

• dave
                    Go the fuck outside
                    • Oct 2008

I can respect you disagreeing with me, but I'd really like to know what you see that tells you that Rotunda can hang in the main event?
                    I see him as something different from a mic view ... and think he can hold his own where ring work is concerned. IMO, he's a modern day Jake the Snake if given the opportunity. Again, just my opinion. But when I watch Bray Wyatt or Dean Ambrose, I see something different, when I see Roman Reigns, I see how the homosexual Vince likes him and how the women view him ... but he has zero mic presence and only enough charisma to get by. But, again, opinions vary.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Hogan bombs in the arena, and in the ratings:

Raw viewership:

8PM - 4.892 million
                      9PM - 4.778 million
                      10PM - 4.313 million
                      For perspective, Batista'a return did over 6 million viewers. And wasn't boosted by WWE Network hype.

Nobody cares about Hulk Hogan anymore. Can't use the TNA excuse. It's over.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                        No longer a noob
                        • Apr 2011

For perspective, Batista'a return did over 6 million viewers. And wasn't boosted by WWE Network hype.

Hogan is too oversaturated as a nostalgia guy. He's on fuckin RAC commercials and radio shows and he's been on wrestling shows for 35-40 years now? Everyone that wanted to see the guy, has seen him and more than got their fill of him. Vs. Jake who got a decent pop or UW who would also, it makes sense.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                          Highwayman
                          • Feb 2009

Did the WWE really re-dub the Zayn-Cesaro match from NXT to have the ring announcer call him "Cesaro"...?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Well, it's not like they pushed Hogan's return even half as hard as they did Batista's return. Even with the mainstream press the days before, WWE's core audience can't read and they only know what WWE TV tells them.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                              • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Did the WWE really re-dub the Zayn-Cesaro match from NXT to have the ring announcer call him "Cesaro"...?

I tried a couple different things to see if VOD would work, currently have on the 2000 Royal Rumble. They have not edited out any of the "WWF" stylized logo like they've done in every DVD and content I've seen. Yet, they go and change the name like that, and they edit out a bunch of ECW music? I'm lost on that one.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                                2011 Poster Of The Year
                                • Mar 2009

I tried a couple different things to see if VOD would work, currently have on the 2000 Royal Rumble. They have not edited out any of the "WWF" stylized logo like they've done in every DVD and content I've seen. Yet, they go and change the name like that, and they edit out a bunch of ECW music? I'm lost on that one.
                                Music is a licensing issue. ECW never used that shit legally to begin with. I noticed Junkyard Dog has "Another One Bites the Dust" replaced with "Grab them Cakes" on some of his early stuff, which at least is a change to a song he later used so that's cool. It's the generic house music that kills me.

Somebody said the Demolition song is intact. That's a biggie. Good on them for getting the rights to that. For years they didn't.

Sandman is generic. That totally sucks.

WWE reached an agreement with World Wildlife Fund so the WWF logos are now ok to use. That's another big deal, because those shows were practically unwatchable with the blurring everywhere.

The Cesaro thing is just Vince being Vince. Meltzer went nuts last night on the radio about that. "They have a WrestleMania main event that isn't going to draw any money and is going to bomb live, and they are worried about dubbing Cesaro's name on a show hardly anybody will even see."

Comment

Working...