X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warner2BruceTD
    2011 Poster Of The Year
    • Mar 2009

Somebody asked me what the best stuff in TNA has been this year.

I came up with Gail Kim vs Madison Rayne at Lockdown, the Sanada/Tigre Uno 5 minute spot fests, Manik wrestling like 2 times, and a Bully Ray/Anderson hardcore match on Impact.

Is that the most pathetic list of "best" stuff ever?

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
      Highwayman
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
      Somebody asked me what the best stuff in TNA has been this year.

I came up with Gail Kim vs Madison Rayne at Lockdown, the Sanada/Tigre Uno 5 minute spot fests, Manik wrestling like 2 times, and a Bully Ray/Anderson hardcore match on Impact.

Is that the most pathetic list of "best" stuff ever?
      PWS.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
        • Sep 2024

Originally posted by LiquidLarry2GhostWF
        Just watched Extreme Rules. Holy fuck was that Cena-Wyatt match the drizzling shits or what?
        The match at WM was also the drizzling shits. If I recall, even those who liked the match at WM hated this one. I understand the appeal and why people like Wyatt, but he's just not for me and awful in the ring.

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
        Make no mistake, TNA sucks really really bad right now, but they've done exactly what we said they should have done in terms of business. They've let all of the high price talent go, from Hogan and his utterly useless daughter, to The Bisch, to Sting, to Styles, to Kaz & Daniels, etc. They've brought in cheap indie talent looking for break (Wolves, Santana Garrett). They're properly exploiting an international partnership for once with Sanada, and actually pushing a guy who they are splitting the bill on.

This was the blueprint to actually turning a profit, and hopefully seeing new guys get over (The Wolves are the top merch sellers, for example).

If they can get their act together creatively, the break even point is significantly lower these days than it was even a year ago. I don't think ripping TNA for letting guys go (Hernandez is the latest, but that was coming for months as he had heat with the office) is fair. It had to be done.
        Agree with all points, and it might be a homer statement, but they could have retained Daniels and Kazarian. Tag teams have always done well with TNA and a few years ago, was a main difference between them and WWE. They've let most of those teams go.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
          Highwayman
          • Feb 2009

TNA doesn't have a single guy that can draw a nickel. It doesn't matter if its Hulk Hogan or Eric Young or Rob Terry under a mask...they are still getting the same number - roughly - weekly. I'm convinced John Cena or The Rock could walk into TNA and merely pop a rating for a few weeks before they fall off the grid.

If they are at least remotely self-aware of that - and clearly someone is, since they refuse to pay anything but a pittance to anyone on the roster no matter how much of a draw you once were - they should at least put on a good show. Their shows are the drizzling shits. Emphasize workrate, ring psychology, good storylines, edgy content, I don't care...pick ONE and roll with it. As is, they have no idea wtf they are doing.

I like watching non-WWE products when they offer something different. I watch PWG for a reason...I know what I am getting...its different...its fun. I love watching Biss' promotion when he uploads the youtube shows...and not because he's that fucko Biss, its because he and his buddies are putting on a product that is different, and fun. I watch DragonGate because its a completely different style. I watch New Japan because its different and emphasizes workrate and prestige in titles.

I couldn't give you a reason I watch TNA on the rare occasions I do outside of...the possible train wreck is appealing?

It is sad that the only alternative to the WWE in the mainstream is within the WWE bubble. WWE gave us the WeeLC match and it was corny as fuck, but it was different then anything they usually do, so it was fun, and I enjoyed.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

I blame no one for the way I set my schedule but I hate missing stuff like this now:

3MB is great now that they're JTTS-status and The Shield are awesome as always.

You can't go wrong is short spurts like this and NOT long, drawn-out 6 month B.S. that you'd usually see over stuff like a "harmless" eye poke.
            Last edited by JayDizzle; 05-14-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
              • Sep 2024

I believe someone in here said that they were probably not going to get around to watching Extreme Rules

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                Highwayman
                • Feb 2009

I rate Charlotte's hips and ass a negative five.

Non-existent.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                  Giants in the Super Bowl
                  • Mar 2009

ROH put up the Dragon/Liger match from years ago

My brother told me a story, he was talking to a buddy who wrestles local indies in NYC -- I think the Johnny Rodz one mostly at Gleason's Gym -- who said some time ago, he was working a show and there was this Japanese ref he and/or the others didn't know. Guy worked most of the show. Afterwards, in the back, the talent went to take a group picture and the ref went to his bag, grabbed a mask and it turned out he was Jushin Liger.

I'll assume it's true.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                    Giants in the Super Bowl
                    • Mar 2009

Ouch! At one point this morning, WWE stock was at $11.29 (it's now six cents higher).

Remember back before WM when excitement was at a fever pitch between the network and new TV deal, the stock was over $30 at one point.

Vince personally lost over $350 million since yesterday afternoon.

Last edited by EmpireWF; 05-16-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• s@ppisgod
                      No longer a noob
                      • Apr 2011

I've always viewed WWE stock as a terrible investment, but if it gets to about 2/3 of what it is now, it wouldn't be the worst investment ever.But Vince has to be hurting after that one. The rights deal was supposed to save everything, but apparently not so much. They're in too deep on the Network, so they're kinda stuck losing money on it so it's plausible that the stock slide continues.

Comment

• Leftwich
                        Bring on the Season

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Tailback U
                        It won't say shit, because dying is for pussies.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                          • Sep 2024

Since I've been really busy and not following the behind the scenes information, why did the stock prices bottom out?

Comment

• EmpireWF
                            Giants in the Super Bowl
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ThomasTomasz
                            Since I've been really busy and not following the behind the scenes information, why did the stock prices bottom out?
                            Short of it is for the longest time, Vince and WWE talked up their pending new TV deal and how it was going to be a huge increase over the existing deal. Plus, people saw the big money NASCAR and MLS got and automatically assumed WWE was about to get a deal that would double or triple their TV money. Welp, turns out it's an increase but not massive, so Wall Street is looking at Vince as a bullshiter on this.

The stock price blew up (to a max of about $30) before WM due to the excitement around the network and the TV deal. That excitement surrounding the network has waned and then this TV deal came about.

Comment

• LiquidLarry2GhostWF
                              Highwayman
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                              Short of it is for the longest time, Vince and WWE talked up their pending new TV deal and how it was going to be a huge increase over the existing deal. Plus, people saw the big money NASCAR and MLS got and automatically assumed WWE was about to get a deal that would double or triple their TV money. Welp, turns out it's an increase but not massive, so Wall Street is looking at Vince as a bullshiter on this.

The stock price blew up (to a max of about $30) before WM due to the excitement around the network and the TV deal. That excitement surrounding the network has waned and then this TV deal came about.
                              Good to know Wall Street can't spot a carny in 2014.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

Originally posted by EmpireWF

Cool, thanks for info. I also saw something that said an investment firm was able to acquire a large portion of stock as well.

Comment

Working...