X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    Dude, for THE LAST TIME, i'm NOT the long haired "Isaac Bruce" ECW guy!

I used to sit on the opposite side of the building as that guy-behind the "Kato Kalin" guy, up on the bleachers. Isaac Bruce sat on the same side as the Howard Stern guy, Straw Hat guy, and Sign guy.
    Likely story.

Warner2BruceTD for screen name + Attended ECW Events = Isaac Bruce Guy.

It can't possibly BE anybody else.

I keed...

Or am I?

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
      greatest vid ever?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTYN36ipBgU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YTYN36ipBgU&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      Not ever but I gotta say that giving up 30 lbs. to a guy who can easily lift you up and slam you on your neck isn't the greatest decision in the world...

There's been worse in the "fake" sport of Pro Wrestling.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFfx4f3aimQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFfx4f3aimQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
        Beautiful Like Moses
        • Oct 2008

Did you ROH-Heads know that Bryan Danielson is planning to pursue a career in MMA after his ROH contract expires?

Originally posted by Lords Of Pain
        - According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Ring of Honor's Bryan Danielson is looking to pursue a career in Mixed Martial Arts when his ROH contract expires in May. The American Dragon has been training five hours a day at the Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, and plans to continue his training in Thailand this summer.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

I'm not sure how much I put into those reports about Danielson to MMA. I have heard that he's been training at Extreme Couture in Vegas, but the initial reports were that it was to diversify his skills as a wrestler.

I guess I could see the change - he's already recognized as properly the best overall worker in the business, but he's unlikely to ever get a real chance in the WWE. If he is moving to MMA, it would be interesting. I don't think he has the body type but he would be entertaining.

Comment

• BigBiss
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
            I'm not sure how much I put into those reports about Danielson to MMA. I have heard that he's been training at Extreme Couture in Vegas, but the initial reports were that it was to diversify his skills as a wrestler.

I guess I could see the change - he's already recognized as properly the best overall worker in the business, but he's unlikely to ever get a real chance in the WWE. If he is moving to MMA, it would be interesting. I don't think he has the body type but he would be entertaining.
            as soon as he wants a job with Vince he will have one.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
              as soon as he wants a job with Vince he will have one.
              But to what end? He's good enough and entertaining enough to make 6-minute TV matches entertaining, but how often would he get to go out there and really do what he can for 40 minutes? Even 20 minute? If Vince doesn't see Christian as a main event material because he lacks "the look", its unlikely he would see that in Danielson, no matter how good the man is.

BTW, you mentioned that you love good old Stan Hansen... What's your favorite match of his?

Comment

• BigBiss
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
                But to what end? He's good enough and entertaining enough to make 6-minute TV matches entertaining, but how often would he get to go out there and really do what he can for 40 minutes? Even 20 minute? If Vince doesn't see Christian as a main event material because he lacks "the look", its unlikely he would see that in Danielson, no matter how good the man is.

BTW, you mentioned that you love good old Stan Hansen... What's your favorite match of his?
                any time he Teamed with Broody, the match with Vader while not the best match ever was just an awesome moment. If I had to pick my top id go with the match Mitsuharu Misawa won his first Triple Crown in 92

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                  any time he Teamed with Broody, the match with Vader while not the best match ever was just an awesome moment. If I had to pick my top id go with the match Mitsuharu Misawa won his first Triple Crown in 92
                  I've been watching quite a bit of Hansen from All Japan from the early and mid 90s of late. A bit of late 80s stuff, but that's a bit harder to find. If you are referring to the Hansen-Vader match with the eye thing, that was unreal. I've really come to like Misawa of late. Not as much as Kobashi, but quite a bit.

I honestly haven't seen nearly enough stuff with Brody, with or without Hansen.

Comment

• Ravin
                    Dishing the Gino's
                    • Feb 2009

They are just killing the other shows in this draft. So far RAW has 4 picks, and Smackdown has 1. MVP, Big Show, Matt Hardy and HHH are on Raw. They are going to have to make this show 3 hours all the time for all the talent.

They should just go back no brans because no one really cares anyway. Maybe let ECW stand as the only brand as a warm up, but just leave smackdown/Raw to everyone.
                    All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• krulmichael
                      STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                      • Feb 2009

I called that Triple H would be back on RAW after tonight and Cena would be back on SmackDown...I bet after CM Punk wins this match that Cena will be SD's pick.

Twitch Channel
                      http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                      Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                      Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                      Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                      Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Kia Kaha
                        52Ray_Lewis
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Ravin
                        They are just killing the other shows in this draft. So far RAW has 4 picks, and Smackdown has 1. MVP, Big Show, Matt Hardy and HHH are on Raw. They are going to have to make this show 3 hours all the time for all the talent.

They should just go back no brans because no one really cares anyway. Maybe let ECW stand as the only brand as a warm up, but just leave smackdown/Raw to everyone.
                        Thats is what i think aswell, it was better when there where no brands as rivalries could be built up better and the quailty off the WWE was much better, i would prefer 1 roster off the entire WWE of about 50 guys than heaps of crap people that cant wrestle and have no charisma

Comment

• BigBiss
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by j-dawg
                          I wouldn't be surprised to see CM use his MITB to get the title off Cena. Still find it interesting that Cena wasn't drafted to Smackdown tonight. In fact, I thought he'd be taken when Jericho was.

Really hoping to see Shelton Benjamin find his way on Raw, as that match with Christian was really good.

Jeff Hardy will get traded to Raw, bank on it. Maybe even a Cena for Jeff swap. Was hoping that Edge would be on Raw instead of Show, but then both big championships would probably stay on Raw.

Oh, and I'm all for them going back to the way things were with no indiviual brands. Cut most of the crap off the Smackdown and Raw rosters and combine them into one. I don't even know what's happening on Smackdown, since I don't get the channel it comes on.
                          if they cut the brands they lose 2 house shows a week witch is alot of money

Comment

• Ravin
                            Dishing the Gino's
                            • Feb 2009

Not really though. TV shows are tapped Monday/Tuesday. So just have those two days off for TV. Then just have two "brands" to travel around with. The brands are just inside the company, and not talked about on TV.
                            All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                              Giants in the Super Bowl
                              • Mar 2009

The whole angle with HHH & McMahon bitching about Orton is stupid. Hasn't HHH already gotten his revenge? You know, by cheating to win at Wrestlemania?

Orton has a right to be pissed off here. They need to turn HHH ASAP.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Turning Hunter would mean turning Orton as well.

This screams double turn IMO, but Orton has lost a lot of his luster since he was killing McMahons.

Comment

Working...