• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    Go the fuck outside
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
    This.

Frequent muscle tears and torn tendons are generally a sign of steroid abuse. Especially as guys get into their mid to late 30's. Looking at you, John Cena, Boretista, Scott Steiner, Triple H....
    They're damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    With their travel schedule, keeping those physiques without steroids is virtually impossible.
    And those physiques are why they are where they are.

WWE needs to introduce three-month holidays for all their superstars - staggered.

Every pro sport gives their athletes significant time off. While the WWE is obviously not a real sport, these guys give every bit as much as real sport athletes.
    Last edited by dave; 07-07-2009, 01:08 AM.
    My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• BigBiss
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by dave
      With their travel schedule, keeping those physiques without steroids is virtually impossible.
      And those physiques are why where they are.

WWE needs to introduce three-month holidays for all their superstars - staggered.

Every pro sport gives their athletes significant time off. While the WWE is obviously not a real sport, these guys give every bit as much as real sport athletes.
      Thats how Japan does things

Comment

• Bigpapa42
        • Feb 2009

And those physiques are why they are where they are.

Very much so. But having the big names on the sidelines costs the WWE more, so its not likely to happen.

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
          Very much so. But having the big names on the sidelines costs the WWE more, so its not likely to happen.
          Having them off the air for a year hurts even more.

They could make the vacations work. Hell, just be honest with the audience.

John Cena needs a break, so he can come back three months from now recharged for his nine-year-old audience.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Bigpapa42
            • Feb 2009

Having them off the air for a year hurts even more.

They could make the vacations work. Hell, just be honest with the audience.

John Cena needs a break, so he can come back three months from now recharged for his nine-year-old audience.
            I don't disagree with the logic. The thing is that most of the injuries are not major long-term ones. They keep them out for a couple of months.

My guess is that if someone did an actual study of injuries to major stars in the E over the past few years and how many shows missed that accounted for, then compared that to how many would potentially be missed by having a rotating schedule for those same top stars, the result would be similar or more shows missed due to the rotation. My guess is that the E has looked at it and done that kind of study. The E is a business and it simply comes down to what makes the best business sense.

Comment

• BigBiss
              • Mar 2009

I don't disagree with the logic. The thing is that most of the injuries are not major long-term ones. They keep them out for a couple of months.

My guess is that if someone did an actual study of injuries to major stars in the E over the past few years and how many shows missed that accounted for, then compared that to how many would potentially be missed by having a rotating schedule for those same top stars, the result would be similar or more shows missed due to the rotation. My guess is that the E has looked at it and done that kind of study. The E is a business and it simply comes down to what makes the best business sense.
              Do not underestimate suburness, ego and the power of being stuck in the old way of doing things.

Comment

• krulmichael
                STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                • Feb 2009

Uh, except Raw wasn't live tonight. It was taped in San Jose on June 29th.
                Yea...I realized that earlier today when I saw wwe.com posted it on their website. Doh!

Twitch Channel
                http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                Season V: 2-1

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BigBiss
                  Do not underestimate suburness, ego and the power of being stuck in the old way of doing things.
                  True that.

Its going to be an interesting summer for the E, with all the injuries. Plus Jeff Hardy is supposedly close to leaving. They really might have to make some new stars, especially on Smackdown.

Comment

• BigBiss
                    • Mar 2009

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LykfUJ7qDpc[/media]

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                      2011 Poster Of The Year
                      • Mar 2009

Taken from another board....the new NOAH power structure has taken shape in the wake of the death of Misawa.

As expected, Akira Taue will assume the role of company president.

However, in something more surprising, Mitsuo Momota has stepped down as VP. Kenta Kobashi AND Naomichi Marufuji will both inherit this role. Momota will continue on as a consultant for the company.

Here is the current corporate structure of NOAH.

President: Akira Taue
                      Vice President: Kenta Kobashi
                      Vice President: Naomichi Marufuji
                      Managing Director: Hisao Hayakawa
                      Wrestler's Chairman:Takeshi Morishima
                      Sales Director: Masashi Mitsui
                      Auditor: Kanji Higuchi
                      Consultant: Mitsuo Momota
                      Consultant: Haruka Eigen
                      Consultant: Yoshinari Ogawa
                      Consultant: Ryu Nakada

*Booker*:Jun Akiyama
                      Some notes:

Taue, Kobashi, and Jun Akiyama are the last real links to the golden age of "King's Road" and the peak of All Japan before the mass exodus that led to the creation NOAH. Akiyama is the last of the three who can still perform at a high level (Kobashi is still the best draw in the company), and although highly respected, has been hesitant to take on corporate power. Akiyama will still be the booker-many people were surprised (including mysel) to find out he had been booking even before Misawa passed.

Surprises in bold. Marufuji & Morishima are part of the "new guard", who both were given chances to be GHC World Champion at points, and both had the plug pulled rather quickly. Marufuji has alot of power for a man of such a (relatively) young age. He's highly respected, and odds are good he will run the company one day.

Momota stepping down is siginificant, because although he was never a main event level performer, he is the son of the legendary Rikidozan, and is one of the most respected men in the company, with a great mind for the business.

Reportedly, Taue reluctantly assumed the President role, only because Kobashi & Akiyama were not interested. It's my belief, based on things i've heard, that Marufuji is being groomed.

Comment

• BigBiss
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        Taken from another board....the new NOAH power structure has taken shape in the wake of the death of Misawa.

Some notes:

Taue, Kobashi, and Jun Akiyama are the last real links to the golden age of "King's Road" and the peak of All Japan before the mass exodus that led to the creation NOAH. Akiyama is the last of the three who can still perform at a high level (Kobashi is still the best draw in the company), and although highly respected, has been hesitant to take on corporate power. Akiyama will still be the booker-many people were surprised (including mysel) to find out he had been booking even before Misawa passed.

Surprises in bold. Marufuji & Morishima are part of the "new guard", who both were given chances to be GHC World Champion at points, and both had the plug pulled rather quickly. Marufuji has alot of power for a man of such a (relatively) young age. He's highly respected, and odds are good he will run the company one day.

Momota stepping down is siginificant, because although he was never a main event level performer, he is the son of the legendary Rikidozan, and is one of the most respected men in the company, with a great mind for the business.

Reportedly, Taue reluctantly assumed the President role, only because Kobashi & Akiyama were not interested. It's my belief, based on things i've heard, that Marufuji is being groomed.
                        This looks alot better then i expected.

Comment

• krulmichael
                          STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                          • Feb 2009

lol, best things always happen at house shows. Santino is just gold.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_Pt5Zo4ycE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_Pt5Zo4ycE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Twitch Channel

Comment

• Kuzzy Powers
                            Beautiful Like Moses
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by krulmichael
                            lol, best things always happen at house shows. Santino is just gold.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_Pt5Zo4ycE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M_Pt5Zo4ycE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                            LOL. Hilarious..

Comment

• krulmichael
                              STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bob Kuzzy
                              LOL. Hilarious..
                              Yea, you can even see Big Show laughing in the corner after Santino eliminates himself, lol.

Twitch Channel

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                                • Feb 2009

Santino is gold. Now that he's out of the Divas division, at least. I really wish they would just do away with him as a wrestler and make him a manager. I think that would be a much better use for the man.

As for the new Noah structure, interesting choices. I'm hoping that Noah comes through this stronger than ever.

Comment

Working...