X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LiquidLarry2GhostWF
    Highwayman
    • Feb 2009

King and Michael Cole are WOAT. They are just shills...Lawler has the background to be a great color guy...he can give great insight into the match, but he doesn't...he just says stupid shit.

Michael Cole is uber-shill.

Stryker is ok, nothing special.

The WWE really lacks in their commentator department right now. JR is the only good one and he isn't doing anything anymore. I like Josh Matthews a bit, too.

Comment

• FedEx227
      Delivers
      • Mar 2009

Stryker use to be pretty good, what the hell happened? Like 4-5 months later he's gotten pretty awful.
      VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• EmpireWF
        Giants in the Super Bowl
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Larry
        The WWE really lacks in their commentator department right now. JR is the only good one and he isn't doing anything anymore. I like Josh Matthews a bit, too.
        Understatement of the year.

Their commentary is awful. Cole is as insincere a lead PBP man as I can remember (perhaps Schiavone towards the end of WCW). Lawler is just a goofball.

I like Matthews too, but he does not get much of a chance beyond NXT (I think). He's pretty damn good, despite the nosebleed when he was on RAW that one time.

If I was them, I don't know how, but I'd invest in searching for a GREAT PBP man. It makes the broadcast 10x better.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by FedEx227
          Stryker use to be pretty good, what the hell happened? Like 4-5 months later he's gotten pretty awful.
          Meltzer said he would get hazed pretty bad by the veterans for "caring too much" and doing so much research, so he stopped trying to be good and just mails it in like everyone else.

It's really a weird fucking company.

Comment

• EmpireWF
            Giants in the Super Bowl
            • Mar 2009

so...anything going around of note?

Comment

• FedEx227
              Delivers
              • Mar 2009

Not much.

WWE fucked up on work visas so the only guy worth a damn in the NXT angle besides Danielson, Wade Barrett, is up in the air. Apparently it's near worked out and he may be back VERY soon, but who knows... the angle would wither away without him in my opinion.
              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• IamMedellin
                Everything Burns...
                • Nov 2008

rumors about Heyman in TNA...

maybe?

Comment

• SHOGUN
                  4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by EmpireWF
                  so...anything going around of note?
                  NJPW's Best of Super Jrs.

Fucking awesome matches.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

So... tonight is the night "The Nexus" will learn the consequences of their actions apparently.

After beating the shit out of Cena, merking Uncle Vince and putting Ricky Steamboat in the hospital legitimately, I could see WWE Creative fucking this up.

At the very least, they might be involved in the official Money-in-the-Bank match for the upcoming PPV if not acting as unofficial Lumberjacks for the Cena/Sheamus cage match.

I doubt it though.

I smell suspensions or Triple H coming back early to squash them out of the promotion.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                      Let's Go All The Way...
                      • Nov 2008

After watching RAW:

So... the Nexus aren't allowed any title shots for the next 3 months, they can hit anyone they want again and they've finally made their "point":

Get the attention of the WWE 'Higher Ups.'

Considering they waxed the guy who fucking owns the company, the plan's a little flawed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMARjKR2KdM"]Go to about 2:20[/ame]

Also, they're trying to recruit current RAW dudes by way of alliances (sound familiar?) so as to further their agenda... basically if they are on the side of the champion that they helped win, it's all gravy.

World Champs by Proxy, I suppose.

Unfortunately, since John Cena was such a bitchass about not wanting to create a truce with The Nexus, this storyline will drag on for a few more PPVs... to prove it, Cena now has to fight all of The Nexus (minus Bryan Danielson) in a 7-on-1 handicap match next week.

...oh wait, make that 6-on-1 since he fucking gorilla-fucked the guy who looks like a Troll Doll with the STF-U and some thrown ring steps into the poor guy's head.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRTX6lmSrak"]Darren Young, Cena's Bitch[/ame]

Seriously? Danielson can't choke a guy on live TV but Cena can decapitate Nexus members because he's on his period?

Fuck that.

If you want me to care about this shit, have these NXT rookies put Cena on the shelf and ruin the PPV.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                        • Jul 2009

Jim Coronette's rants = absolutely hilarious.

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Nature Boy
                          Raiders
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Shogun
                          Jim Coronette's rants = absolutely hilarious.
                          I think this sums things up perfectly (by Jim Cornette from the Q&A section of jimcornette.com):

Quote:
                          The rise of UFC in particular and MMA in general has shown that people have a desire to strip away the hokey bullshit and get back down to the base of it--two guys are gonna fight, who's gonna win? Whether it's "real" or not is about number 5 on the list of reasons the UFC is kicking wrestling's ass. People want to see two guys, charismatic, colorful, and athletic, engage in an exciting contest with flashy moves or hard strikes ending with one guy winning, sometimes in a controversial fashion and often necessitating a rematch. That describes both MMA and pro wrestling. They will pay to see that when properly promoted. They will watch sports entertainment on TV for free, but it's getting harder and harder to get people to get attached enough to "sports entertainment", presented outright as scripted entertainment and generally comedic in nature, to buy it on PPV or at the arenas.

Comment

• SHOGUN
                            • Jul 2009

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b9ZQWVjvdw"]YouTube- Jim Cornette - Fuck Off Dixie!![/ame]

Comment

• FedEx227
                              Delivers
                              • Mar 2009

Yeah I listen to Cornette every week on Who's Slamming Who is always great stuff.

I thought last night's Raw was pretty good although I'm not a huge fan of Cena's comedy though.
                              VoicesofWrestling.com

Comment

• SHOGUN
                                • Jul 2009

Sarita =

Sorry, Gail, you've just been downgraded.

Comment

Working...