X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaribbeanJoseph
    I Can Score Goals
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
    What can I say here. Liverpool are clearly the far superior team. The Barthalona of England, and had the goal been wider and everyone healthy for the season they wouldnt be 10th.

And with all that said, they will have the better season this year. Sux for me and my Mancs.
    You enjoy your second place and being bounced from 4 competitions while I get to enjoy the most decorated club in England add 2 more pieces of silverware to the cabinet

Comment

• 1ke
      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
      • Mar 2009

Boy you really are a Liverpool fan huh. I just got groaned for saying Liverpool would have a better season. Bitter as can be.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
        I Can Score Goals
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by wr50l
        Neither was he Fapper. Sideshow Bob got to pick his two "local" clubs.
        I support my 'local' club as well we've been over this before, just cause I don't live there doesn't make me any less of a supporter. You support the Rangers, does that make you any less a fan cause you're from Scotland and not New York?

Comment

• wr50l
          Glen & CJ are secret Huns
          • Oct 2008

Will the Braehead Clan ever play against the New York Rangers?

For reference sake, which of your local clubs are you talking about right now anyway? The one from the West side of the Irish Sea or the one from the East?

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
            I Can Score Goals
            • Dec 2008

Will the Braehead Clan ever play against the New York Rangers?

For reference sake, which of your local clubs are you talking about right now anyway? The one from the West side of the Irish Sea or the one from the East?
            And when are Linfield ever going to play Liverpool or Celtic in anything other than a friendly?

Comment

• wr50l
              • Oct 2008

Were you top of the world or bottom of the world on this evening?

Celtic sent Liverpool crashing out of the Uefa Cup with a convincing victory at Anfield.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
                They've still got a chance to win the league, which is a far great accomplishment then winning the Carling and the FA (if we get it) and they'll be playing in the Champions League next season. Not to mention they are going to receive more revenue, and be able to attract better players thus leading to more success down the road. The cups are nice, great even, but they are short term successes, we need to set ourselves up to be successful in the long term. Best way to do that is to be top 4 and be competing in the best competition in soccer.

I cannot honestly believe you'd take our season over United's so far. Especially considering they have a chance to win the league. Even if they don't, I'd rather have the opportunity than the Carling and a place in the FA final.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                  I Can Score Goals
                  • Dec 2008

Were you top of the world or bottom of the world on this evening?
                  I ask you about Linfield, my 'local' team and you come back with this cause you've no answer

Comment

• wr50l
                    • Oct 2008

So you actually have three favourite teams. What a die-hard.

And I'm going to assume your answer to my question was "meh, I don't really care about either that much. Too busy bamming up those dirty scummy Milan fans on that night."

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                      Posts too much
                      • Feb 2009

Also, I get we exist to win trophies and win competitions but our league form has been inexcusable. Especially considering we aren't even in a European competition. Thats why I refuse to call this season a success regardless of Saturday's outcome. I don't want us to win Carlings or even FA cups. I want to win the league and I want to be Champions of Europe.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                        I Can Score Goals
                        • Dec 2008

So you actually have three favourite teams. What a die-hard.

And I'm going to assume your answer to my question was "meh, I don't really care about either that much. Too busy bamming up those dirty scummy Milan fans on that night."

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                          I Can Score Goals
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                          They've still got a chance to win the league, which is a far great accomplishment then winning the Carling and the FA (if we get it) and they'll be playing in the Champions League next season. Not to mention they are going to receive more revenue, and be able to attract better players thus leading to more success down the road. The cups are nice, great even, but they are short term successes, we need to set ourselves up to be successful in the long term. Best way to do that is to be top 4 and be competing in the best competition in soccer.

I cannot honestly believe you'd take our season over United's so far. Especially considering they have a chance to win the league. Even if they don't, I'd rather have the opportunity than the Carling and a place in the FA final.
                          Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                          Also, I get we exist to win trophies and win competitions but our league form has been inexcusable. Especially considering we aren't even in a European competition. Thats why I refuse to call this season a success regardless of Saturday's outcome. I don't want us to win Carlings or even FA cups. I want to win the league and I want to be Champions of Europe.
                          Assuming City win the league and we win on Saturday, you'd still take their season?

As do I, I agree the league performance has been unacceptable but it is what it and I know we disagree on this but I think there have been other factors besides not playing well. We hadn't won a cup in 6 years, now we have one in the bag and the chance to go for another one on Saturday, damn right I'm gonna consider it a success. It's not gonna happen overnight but it's a step in the right direction, it's helps to re-establish that winning mentality and that the players realise this is what we do and is expected at LFC, we win silverware. Now next season I expect nothing less than Top 4. Also the whole attracting players is overblown, there are more than enough good players out there, if you do you homework and are smart with your money and ditch stupid transfer policys like buying british for british sake Newcastle are proof of this. CL certainly helps but it's not impossible, I mean Mata wanted to come to us in the summer , playing for Liverpool still means something.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                            Posts too much
                            • Feb 2009

We need to take the same mental approach we have in cup games to our league games. We definitely play much better with our backs against the wall.

I despise the buy british policy that has been in effect. I was against it last summer and I, and others, have been proven right. We bought mid table players and got a mid table team. Always get the best player at the best price. We could've had 5 Downing-esque players for the price we paid for him. Same with Carroll.

And yes I would still take United's season even if they finish 2nd in the league. Its great we've got the chance to do the double, but league performance is the best indicator of a team.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                              I Can Score Goals
                              • Dec 2008

You get fuck all for coming second, if you'd take that over a double I don't know what to tell you

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                                I literally know nothing.
                                • Jul 2009

Money, Europe, better quality players? I think that's what mgo has been getting at.

Comment

Working...