Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

I didnt say he specifically was a flop. I said a total amount of 60 mil spent has only gotten 8 league goals and 14 total would have me kinda pissed.

Is Luis a beast? Absolutely. He is dynamic as fuck. Great to watch, but when he gets in front of goal, he misses alot more than he makes. And his misses are cringe worthy. Calm your Rawkish ass down.

I just got this gif from this weekend and couldnt wait to use it.....

Comment

• mgoblue2290
      Posts too much
      • Feb 2009

Suarez would be better suited with a real finisher and perhaps another creative player. I think he feels the burden to create all of our offense himself.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
        I Can Score Goals
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
        I didnt say he specifically was a flop. I said a total amount of 60 mil spent has only gotten 8 league goals and 14 total would have me kinda pissed.

Is Luis a beast? Absolutely. He is dynamic as fuck. Great to watch, but when he gets in front of goal, he misses alot more than he makes. And his misses are cringe worthy. Calm your Rawkish ass down.

I just got this gif from this weekend and couldnt wait to use it.....
        He didn't cost 60 mil though did he

And once again he missed 9 games through suspension and is still responsible (scored or assisted) for a third of our league goals. The poor finishing is down to him having to do everything and create all his own chances, you only have to look at his performances for Ajax and Uraguay to see the guy can finish. He has more than justified his price tag and to say different is ridiculous.

Comment

• 1ke
          D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
          • Mar 2009

I was mentioning 60 million spent for Andy and Luis. Im done here, ill come back after the FA cup to either congratulate or make of your team.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
            I Can Score Goals
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 1ke
            I was mentioning 60 million spent for Andy and Luis. Im done here, ill come back after the FA cup to either congratulate or make of your team.
            I know what you meant but what does Andy's price have to do with Luis' totals or Luis being a flop

Comment

• citizenerased
              Rugby World Cup Champion
              • Mar 2009

lol at blowing your load at 8 goals.

Cisse has 11 goals in 10 games and was a third of the price.

Then again, blowing large amounts of money and fixing things that don't need to be fixed is nothing new with Ku Klux Kenny, just look at how he dismantled Keegans team when took over in 97. Got rid of Sir Les and Ginola for John Barnes and Ian Rush who were both in their late 30's and went from 2nd to 13th playing Stokeball.
              Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                Posts too much
                • Feb 2009

I have my doubts about Kenny too. I honestly believe best case scenario for us is him winning the FA Cup, and the stepping down/back to a more behind the scenes ambassador role. It takes away potentially splitting the fan base by firing him/keeping him and also only adds to his legend.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                  I Can Score Goals
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                  I have my doubts about Kenny too. I honestly believe best case scenario for us is him winning the FA Cup, and the stepping down/back to a more behind the scenes ambassador role. It takes away potentially splitting the fan base by firing him/keeping him and also only adds to his legend.
                  2 cup finals in his first full season back and you want him gone based on a below average league campaign in which he hasn't been able to field a full strength starting 11 once Have you forgot all this man has done for our club?

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                    Posts too much
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CaribbeanJoseph
                    2 cup finals in his first full season back and you want him gone based on a below average league campaign in which he hasn't been able to field a full strength starting 11 once Have you forgot all this man has done for our club?
                    I have not. But we should not be taking into account stuff that is 20 years past while evaluating his current performance. He's an absolute legend, probably second only to Shankly. The cup finals are nice but it is the league that reveals your true form. The 2 cup finals are short term, they are nice. Thats why if we win the FA, I think the best scenario for everyone is for Kenny to step down. Especially if we finish bottom 10.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                      I Can Score Goals
                      • Dec 2008

I have not. But we should not be taking into account stuff that is 20 years past while evaluating his current performance. He's an absolute legend, probably second only to Shankly. The cup finals are nice but it is the league that reveals your true form. The 2 cup finals are short term, they are nice. Thats why if we win the FA, I think the best scenario for everyone is for Kenny to step down. Especially if we finish bottom 10.
                      He has done more than enough to deserve at least another year, if we are in the same position come the end of next season then questions can start to be asked, Rome wasn't built in a day. Hate the people that keep saying that no it doesn't, without even getting into the shit we've had to deal with this season we've clearly been better than our league results would suggest and our cup runs prove it.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                        I Can Score Goals
                        • Dec 2008

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                          Posts too much
                          • Feb 2009

Dominant from Luis today.

Comment

• CaribbeanJoseph
                            I Can Score Goals
                            • Dec 2008

Dominant from Luis today.
                            That should fuck up all the doubters

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                              Posts too much
                              • Feb 2009

As far as the rest of the squad goes. Our midfield looked good today, kept possession and moved the ball around well. I'd keep the same team for the final, except Skrtel in for Carra and possibly Kuyt in for Downing for that energy. Plus the fact that Dirk always shows up in big games. I'd be cool with Downing or Maxi though too.

I can't see a spot for Andy in that team though, off the bench later on maybe but I think we have to play this same formation and use most of the same players.

Comment

• mgoblue2290
                                Posts too much
                                • Feb 2009

Comment

Working...