X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

The Summer Transfers Thread

I thought we might need one these sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by Bigpapa42
    Agree all the way around. It sounds like Kagawa will be a relative bargain in terms of transfer fee. I don't think he will be a bargain at all in regard to wages. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up becoming one of the better-paid played at United. Not quite at Rooney level, but top-level Prem wages. Unless his agent is incompetent, he has a ton of leverage. He is worth a lot of marketing money in Asia, especially to a high-profile club like United. He can also play another year at Dortmund and then walk on a Bosman, where he can pick his club and would typically get a bigger wage packet because the club wouldn't have to pay a transfer fee, so his agent can use that to get a bit better wage, I expect.

And yeah, I have the same feeling on M'Vila. If he has a strong Euro's, the prices definitely goes up. French clubs tend to be able to leverage well when selling, and if they can even make it seem like PSG is interested, the price goes up.

If the media is to be believed, Old Trafford is going to become Dortmund West this summer.
    If teams (especially Arsenal) were smart enough, and could do, getting M'Vila done before the Euros will be the best thing to do.

Im not gonna lie though, Hummels sounds great, but with Vidic back, Rio, Smalling, Evans, and Jones, I dont see where or why Hummels would even think about it. Definite cash grab and contract leverage for him. Lewandowski is very intriguing. He played his nuts off and couldnt be stopped by Bayern. And Berbatov will be gone. But I dont wanna see Welbeck pushed to the bench and Hernandez even more for Lewandowski. Again, I think he is happy at Dortmund, and will cost a fortune. So another contract leverage situation going on here.
  • 1ke
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
    • Mar 2009

Hazard confirms he's going to Manchester - but doesn't say which club. "To Manchester, I've already said. The decision will be made soon."

I think its fair enough to say, he will be a City player next year. United will match the fee, if not already, but the wages will be where City win it. Hell more than likely get Yaya money. United wont break their wage scale. Not even for him.

Comment

• Sharkweather
      • Jul 2009

That one hurts. What the hell Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois.

Comment

• 1ke
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
        • Mar 2009

I know many of you know, but for those who dont. Chels signed Mirko Marin. He is like a mini Mario Goetz. Just not as good.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
          • Feb 2009

Looks like another summer of an Arsenal star being linked away from the club, Wenger denying they're leaving, and probably a last minute sale. Should be good times for all!

Hazard will go to City and either be happy playing every other match, or push someone like Nasri out to the fringe of the squad. Should be good times with that too.

Comment

• 1ke
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
            • Mar 2009

Anyone else leaving Arse BP?

Berbatov, Owen, and sadly Pogba for sure. Macheda(loan), Fabio(loan), Park(?), Anderson(?) Are the ones who seem to be headed out for us.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
              • Feb 2009

Hard to say for certain. It would seem like Squillaci, Djourou, Gervinho, and Diaby are all expendable. Pretty sure Aluminia is out of contract and won't be retained. Interested to see if anything happens with our "skillful #9" Park-Chu Young. I'm fairly certain at this point that the signing was some kind of twisted joke by Wenger. Or at least giving him the #9 was.

I kinda hate to say it with a pretty young player, but I have serious doubts that Ramsey really has the quality to play regularly for Arsenal.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                I literally know nothing.
                • Jul 2009

According to GoT we are being linked with Steven Naismith.

Fourth Official ‏ @Fourth_Official
                Everton looking to raid Rangers again, this time Steven Naismith, who Moyes has been a fan of for quite some time #efc #rfc

Fourth Official ‏ @Fourth_Official
                @harrrps same source as Jelavic to Everton on 25th Jan

Comment

• BigHouseUSA
                  Late to the party.
                  • Jun 2009

Strongest links for Newcastle lately have been Douglas and Debuchy. Yanga Mbiwa, Erik Pieters, Hoilett and Chedjou as well, among many others. We'll definitely be bringing in a centerback and a fullback, possibly another younger centerback and another attacker, as well as some kids coming in. We've also already signed Romain Amalfitano who had a great season in Ligue 2 (apparently). Just depends on how many current players we can hold onto.
                  Originally posted by mgoblue2290
                  If you want to win, put Drew in.

Comment

• 1ke
                    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by BigHouseUSA
                    Strongest links for Newcastle lately have been Douglas and Debuchy. Yanga Mbiwa, Erik Pieters, Hoilett and Chedjou as well, among many others. We'll definitely be bringing in a centerback and a fullback, possibly another younger centerback and another attacker, as well as some kids coming in. We've also already signed Romain Amalfitano who had a great season in Ligue 2 (apparently). Just depends on how many current players we can hold onto.
                    This guy is desperate to play in England. He would be great.

Comment

• 1ke
                      D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                      • Mar 2009

Found this interesting.

Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou has given the green light for Feyenoord to make a move for him after Saturday's Champions League final.The attacker told the Sun: "Feyenoord can call me any time - they are the first name on my list. Let me win the Champions League final and then I will think about Feyenoord. Yes, I'm serious!"

Arsenal and Tottenham have also been linked with a move for the Ivory Coast international, with Arsene Wenger in particular known to be an admirer. Kalou has made 12 Premier League appearances for Chelsea this season, scoring once.

Comment

• Bigpapa42
                        • Feb 2009

An inconsistent player who only marginally has the quality to play for another top English club? Sign him up Arsene!

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                          • Jul 2009

Rumblings of a Suadi team looking at Tim Cahill.

Comment

• Fappin Raptor
                            • Jul 2009

Translated from French:

End the suspense in the new champions of Europe: Didier Drogba said Sunday his teammates that he would leave Chelsea at the end of the season. The Ivorian striker has not yet their not announced his future destination
                            Basically Drogba is leaving. Looks like Chelsea needs a striker now.

Comment

• 1ke
                              D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
                              • Mar 2009

They do have a 50 million looking women they paid 50 mil quid for......

Comment

Working...