Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liquidrob
    Izzy is a bum
    • Feb 2009

yeah, Nick Diazs WW career is the same as Chael at LHW, almost identical even!
    Liquidrob's Top 10 Fighters Rankings

The 10 Fighters Who Changed The Game

Comment

• SHOGUN
      4 WR 1 RB 0 TE. 24/7/365.
      • Jul 2009

Let's bury the title for a complete fucking mismatch of a fight.

UFC IS TEH NFL of MMA!!!1111

"Sometimes I just want to be with my family and watch movie and eat some popcorn. But when I step on the mat I know there is no other place I'd rather be." - Marcelo Garcia

Comment

• Liquidrob
        Izzy is a bum
        • Feb 2009

Jones fighting Belfort than Chael is too funny, didn't And1 just fight them and finish them both? What a awesome LHW division the UFC has!

Top of the food chain stuff right there

Comment

• Primetime
          Thank You Prince
          • Nov 2008

I actually like this decision. If there is any chance that TUF will make a respectable comeback, while still very unlikely, this is the way to do it. I'll be tuning in because it has my favorite fighter and it's just a plus to have the best salesman in the UFC.

Comment

• Liquidrob
            Izzy is a bum
            • Feb 2009

Another misception, chael is a draw

Besides fighting Anderson he has not done much in terms or ratings and money

Now he is coming off an embrassing loss and into a higher division? He is not a credible contender

If TUF does some what better ratings it will be because of a different night, even if the ratings are good the ppv numbers will be based off Jones and not Sonnen

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
              2011 Poster Of The Year
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Steel Mamba
              You guys are right gsp vs nick is a terrible fight as well, I'm definitely not looking forward to that and Nick isn't a true contender in that division. He hasn't done enough in his career to warrant a title fight.
              The point here, is when Strikeforce was doing things like this, the narrative was that it was a joke and the UFC titles were 'pure' and had to be earned. Now UFC is just throwing whoever into title fights, people like Belfort and Chael and Diaz, who is some cases don't even fight in the weight class where they are getting the title shot. And now the narrative is that it's ok, because it's best for business. I'm ok with that mindset if people have it, I just find the inconsistency amusing. Especially since people are now critical of the Bellator model. We've come full circle.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                Giants in the Super Bowl
                • Mar 2009

This isn't some new thing for the UFC. Did anyone cry foul when Couture got the shot against Sylvia despite coming off a loss to Chuck and not fighting at heavy since he lost to Ricco six years earlier?

Or how about Brock 'earning' a title shot in the UFC based on a win over Herring. It was the right move for business, but purists were pulling their hair out.

Or Belfort's first title shot since coming back, he had never even fought in the UFC's middleweight division before getting a shot at Silva.

Criticism of the Bellator format is nothing new, either. lol It's always been recognized...Tournaments are fun and fine...but sometimes, they may be better off giving rematches outside the tournament format.

Comment

• Liquidrob
                  Izzy is a bum
                  • Feb 2009

Of course its not new, people ripped SF for stuff the ufc did many times, randy, bj and others

The point is the mma media and fans never take them to task and actually praise them for it!

Comment

• KINGOFOOTBALL
                    • Feb 2009

Yuck.
                    Will Chael get "hurt" last minute and have Hendo replace him ? Whys dana pissed at Hendo.

And1 and Jones are pussies. Also Joe Rogan pisses me off for not directly asking And1 about a Jones fight instead a "future at 205" question.

BTW While I agree with the UFC bashing here. The inmates running the asylum is pretty contradictory to what you guys thought would happen with Pride/SF going under no ?
                    Best reason to have a license.

Comment

• JeremyHight
                      I wish I was Scrubs
                      • Feb 2009

I'm beginning to think that Grand Prix's, tournaments, and even round robin league setups would help the UFC become more of a mainstream league. Ya, it would be weird at first, but most team sports started as "Just find opponents to play" like MMA/Boxing are still.

It probably won't happen, especially with injuries being so prevalent, but it would be nice to see say an 8 man division/tournament with promotions and demotions like in say the EPL. It might not be the greatest, but its better than what we get sometimes.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                        Nasty
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Warner2BruceTD
                        The point here, is when Strikeforce was doing things like this, the narrative was that it was a joke and the UFC titles were 'pure' and had to be earned. Now UFC is just throwing whoever into title fights, people like Belfort and Chael and Diaz, who is some cases don't even fight in the weight class where they are getting the title shot. And now the narrative is that it's ok, because it's best for business. I'm ok with that mindset if people have it, I just find the inconsistency amusing. Especially since people are now critical of the Bellator model. We've come full circle.
                        I think you missed what I was getting at earlier, it's completely the other way around. Just go to mma.ly, every blog is blasting the UFC for this. On the other hand, we both know who got away with this on a regular basis. Pride, and everyone loved them for their quirky matchups.

2 undeserving title shots out of the past few years isn't anything to get upset about.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                          Nasty
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                          Of course its not new, people ripped SF for stuff the ufc did many times, randy, bj and others

The point is the mma media and fans never take them to task and actually praise them for it!
                          Yall are throwing the SF victim card out there and not paying attention. UFC is getting ripped to shreds by the media, but IMO it's not warranted.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
                            2011 Poster Of The Year
                            • Mar 2009

I think we can all agree that 2012 was a rough year for the sport. Three cancelled cards, SF dying a slow death, UFC with these crazy injury issues, Bellator slowing to a crawl and waiting around to get on Spike, DREAM died, Diaz, Overeem, othere popped and suspended, GSP on the shelf, ratings in the shitter, etc.

Maybe next year Zuffa will be better prepared to deal with injuries, will stop this petty sabotaging of Showtime, Bellator will start putting the best foot forward again on Spike. 2012 sucked.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                              Nasty
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Liquidrob
                              yeah, Nick Diazs WW career is the same as Chael at LHW, almost identical even!
                              I'm not comparing them or the situations, I just find it funny that people are complaining about that fight too.

Comment

• EmpireWF
                                Giants in the Super Bowl
                                • Mar 2009

Tangent here...

Breaking news: Dana's a dick.

Comment

Working...