Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpireWF
    Giants in the Super Bowl
    • Mar 2009

AJ/Tanahashi was good, but the final 8-10 minutes of Nakamura/OKada was great.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
      2011 Poster Of The Year
      • Mar 2009

I thought Okada has never looked more like a star than he did last night. The finish of that match was fucking savage. He murdered Nak decisively & definitively with those THREE Rainmakers. That was a "I'm the fuckin man, m'fer" moment.

Then he yanked the mic from Gedo and talked for himself. The translations were great. Dropping F-bombs, calling out AJ saying he's coming for HIS title, telling Nak he respects him but that he's ready to beat his ass whenever he's ready for it again...just awesome.

Okada went from humble chosen one to IM THE FUCKIN MAN AND THIS IS MY COMPANY AND YOU HAVE TO KILL ME TO TAKE MY SPOT killer last night. Loved it.

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
        2011 Poster Of The Year
        • Mar 2009

FOUR major shows on Sunday 8/17. SummerSlam, TripleMania, and these two..

Dragon Gate "Dangerous Gate"
        0. K-ness, Kenichiro Arai vs. Shachihoko BOY, Ryotsu Shimizu
        1. Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kagetora, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, Gamma, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
        2. Don Fujii, Yuga Hayashi vs. Jimmy Susumu, "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka
        3. No DQ Match: CIMA vs. Punch Tominaga
        4. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Flamita vs. Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin
        5. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: T-Hawk, Eita vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid
        6. MONSTER EXPRESS vs. MAD BLANKEY Loser Revives Survival Instant Comeback Captain's Fall Elimination Match: Masato Yoshino, Shingo Takagi(c), Akira Tozawa, Uhaa Nation vs. YAMATO(c), Kzy, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu
        7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Decision Match: Naruki Doi (Interim Champion) vs. BxB Hulk (20th Champion)

And this show, the yearly DDT big show which sold out Sumo Hall well in advance:

DDT “RYOGOKU PETER PAN 2014 ~MAYBE SUMMER WILL CHANGE MY LIFE~”, 17/08/2014
        Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. Dark Match – DDT Vs Union: Daichi Kazato, SAGAT, Mitomi Masayuki & Tomoya Kawamura Vs Hoshitango, Rion Mizuki, Gota Ihashi & Shunma Katsumata
        0. Dark Match – Tokyo Women’s Wrestling Offer Match: Miyu Yamashita, Chikage Kiba & KANNA Vs Shoko Nakajima, Yuka Sakazaki & Erin
        1. Yasu Urano & Akito Vs MIKAMI & GENTARO
        2. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Battle Royal: Akihiro (c) Vs Daisuke Sasaki Vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga Vs Kazuki Hirata Vs Tetsuya Endo Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Toru Owashi Vs DJ Nira Vs Shiro Koshinaka Vs Nonoko Vs Ai Shimizu Vs FUMA Vs Kizaemon Saiga Vs Yoshihiko
        3. Saki Akai, Makoto Oishi & Ladybeard Vs Aja Kong, Antonio Honda & Hiroshi Fukuda
        4. Street Wrestling Match: Sanshiro Takagi & Jun Kasai Vs Minoru Suzuki & Michael Nakazawa
        5. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: KUDO, Yukio Sakaguchi & Masa Takanashi (c) Vs Keisuke Ishii, Shigehiro Irie & Soma Takao
        6. DDT Extreme Title – Important Something Timed Blast Death Match: Danshoku Dino (c) Vs Muscle Sakai
        7. Special Single Match: Kota Ibushi Vs Shuji Kondo
        8. Special Single Match: Konosuke Takeshita Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
        9. KO-D Openweight Title – 3 Way Match: HARASHIMA (c) Vs Kenny Omega Vs Isami Kodaka

Comment

• Warner2BruceTD
          2011 Poster Of The Year
          • Mar 2009

The G-1 Climax documentary, which airs at movie theaters in Japan (not sure if it has opened or not yet), features a really emotional scene as Okada and Gedo are headed to their hotel after Okada had beaten Nakamura at the Seibu Dome, where Gedo broke down and cried. The story is basically that Gedo, as the booker, decided he was going to build Okada as the company’s new young star when he came back from TNA, even though he did nothing in TNA. At first, it was rocky, but now, after a couple of IWGP title wins, two G-1 wins and numerous incredible matches, and being over at the level of a guy at the top as opposed to a paper main eventer, he was emotional about the plan working probably better than he ever could have anticipated.

Comment

Working...