X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgaryballer
    Tiote!
    • Mar 2009

Bloodlines was notorious when it came out for being a buggy piece of shit. I don't think they ever fixed it. Some people have no problem, others can't make it work for the life of them

Comment

• SethMode
      Master of Mysticism
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by calgaryballer
      Bloodlines was notorious when it came out for being a buggy piece of shit. I don't think they ever fixed it. Some people have no problem, others can't make it work for the life of them
      Glad I'm in the former because that game (despite its less than great endgame) is fucking awesome.

Comment

• Bmore
        The True Free-Man
        • Oct 2008

its not so much vista. As you can't have more then 2 GB's of ram.

The only way to play the game is to go into your computer bio's and tell your computer not to use more then 2gb of ram, then restart your computer. Then when you are done, you have to go back into the bio's and switch it back. (I have 6 gigs of ram.)

Soooooo... the computer you were playing on, must've had less then 2gb of ram. Which back when this game came out was pretty much common you could get that Ram wise anyway.

I would love to play the game and maybe one day I will do the bios thing just to play it. But right now it's to much of a hassle. The game will never get patched because it's 3 or so years old. There have been some user hacks, but I can't seem to get any of them to work.

Basically the game has a bug, that if you have more then 2gb of ram it thinks you have not enough ram. When in reality you have far more then you need.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bmore

The only way to play the game is to go into your computer bio's and tell your computer not to use more then 2gb of ram, then restart your computer. Then when you are done, you have to go back into the bio's and switch it back. (I have 6 gigs of ram.)

Soooooo... the computer you were playing on, must've had less then 2gb of ram. Which back when this game came out was pretty much common you could get that Ram wise anyway.

I would love to play the game and maybe one day I will do the bios thing just to play it. But right now it's to much of a hassle. The game will never get patched because it's 3 or so years old. There have been some user hacks, but I can't seem to get any of them to work.

That's the main reason I don't play games on PC. I don't want to have to worry about all those specs and shit. I just want to pop in a game and play.

Basically the game has a bug, that if you have more then 2gb of ram it thinks you have not enough ram. When in reality you have far more then you need.

Comment

• Bmore
            The True Free-Man
            • Oct 2008

Brink is free this weekend on steam. For all you steam owners who want to try the game.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bmore

I have 4 GBs of RAM on my comp though :ionno:

Perhaps it's because it's 2 gigs on 1 slot and 2 on another?

EDIT: also, I did install the latest fan patch before I played. Don't know if that potentially makes a difference. I just never had a single issue with the game (other than the fact that the ending scenario kind of sucks).

Comment

• SethMode
                Master of Mysticism
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                Yeah. I've already tried to adjust the key mappings a little to make it a little easier on my left hand. Still, I love games that give you a lot of different ways to complete your objectives, and Deus Ex hasn't let me down in that regard.
                It does have a lot of ways to complete objectives I think. The problem is that early on, stealth is really the only way to survive. Give it time. If you want to complete objectives in a variety of ways, you'll be able to, just probably not in you first mission (sadly).

Comment

• padman59
                  Slayer of Demons
                  • Mar 2009

LOL at Bethesda getting upset because Mojang's (Minecraft creators) next title is going to be called Scrolls.

Comment

• Sharkweather
                    • Jul 2009

Trying to add a different credit card to my PSN account, but it's been so long since I added the first one that I forgot where to go to do this.

Any help?

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Sharkweather
                      Trying to add a different credit card to my PSN account, but it's been so long since I added the first one that I forgot where to go to do this.

Any help?
                      The Account Management section, I think.

Comment

• padman59
                        Slayer of Demons
                        • Mar 2009

I thought about posting this in the Rage thread. However, this has been more of a technical talk on creating a game on PC, 360, and PS3 (I'm about a third done) than a talk about Rage itself. So...

If you have an hour-and-a-half to kill and you're interested in the development of Rage or just like to hear John Carmack speak, then watch this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zgYG-_ha28[/ame]

Comment

• Misogi
                          :misogi:
                          • Oct 2008

Pretty fucking baller.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVJcVPvjUJo[/ame]
                          * Chrispy logs into KGs account to see what misogi wrote* [05:53 PM]

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

DYI ingenuity > Overpriced bullshit fed to people who don't know better.

Dunno if the guy has a patent but if it's available, he should get one.

Comment

• NateDogg7240
                              GPOD #72
                              • Oct 2008

I'm looking to finally upgrade to a new 360. The only problem is I'm not sure which to get. I'm looking at the 250GB console that comes kinect ready, the 250GB console that comes with kinect, or even the limited edition Gears of War 3 one. I look to eventually get kinect but I'm not sure which console to choose.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                                Everything Burns...
                                • Nov 2008

Gears 3 console comes with a 320 gb hdd
                                Looks pretty sweet but it is $400

Comment

Working...