• Oct 2008

Dear RE 6,

Come quicker... kthxbai

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
      So stop paying for Gold, and sell your 360. Problem solved. I don't understand why you rail about this but still pay for the service.
      I stacked up three years of service with subscription cards before this shit got out of control. I assure you when my subscription expires I won't be renewing.

Also, I know not everyone here reads gaming blog sites like Kotaku so it's nice to let people know what's going on.

Even if I didn't own a 360 at this point, something like this would be alarming. And at this point I have too much invested in the console to just get rid of it.

Comment

• Handleit_44
        Posts a lot
        • Jun 2009

Not sure if this was posted but...

Comment

• jms493
          • Feb 2009

I know I will get groaned....but Asphalt 7 on the Ipad.........is pretty freaking fun.

Comment

• IamMedellin
            Everything Burns...
            • Nov 2008

Comment

• leaffan
              Colton Orr Fan
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
              So, do you guys still think the almighty Xbox Live is safer than PSN? Give me a break. You see these stories on a daily basis, and these are only the ones that catch bloggers attention. You never hear about this shit happening to PSN accounts. And no, I didn't forget about the PSN outrage from a few years ago.

On Sunday night, Eric Graff put his son to bed. He flipped on his 360 and got ready for a session of Borderlands 2 with some friends. But when he tried to log onto his Xbox Live account, the password wouldn't work. His account had been hacked.

One of the first replies to the story by Kotaku user Prosthetics sums up my opinion on this matter.
              I'll just say this.

The main problem going on these days is credit card fraud and kids doing some very basic things to get these accounts. They arn't "hacking" anything but are frauding and pretending to be other people. Where microsoft gets stuck with this is they now have so many things attached to live once some information is discovered they can go in and grab it to make a quick couple bucks.

Long story short Microsoft isn't being hacked its people par taking in credit card fraud and identity theft and peoples xbox live accounts are just a part of the fraud. Blaming microsoft for this is really really stupid.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Bmore
                The True Free-Man
                • Oct 2008

OMG... I just busted a nut. This brings me back.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by leaffan
                  I'll just say this.

The main problem going on these days is credit card fraud and kids doing some very basic things to get these accounts. They arn't "hacking" anything but are frauding and pretending to be other people. Where microsoft gets stuck with this is they now have so many things attached to live once some information is discovered they can go in and grab it to make a quick couple bucks.

Long story short Microsoft isn't being hacked its people par taking in credit card fraud and identity theft and peoples xbox live accounts are just a part of the fraud. Blaming microsoft for this is really really stupid.
                  Yeah, but the problem is your Windows Live ID. Not only is it what you use to sign on to Live but it's used for every other Microsoft product. All someone has to do is obtain that info by hacking one of their other sites and you're fucked. Is some of this happening by people calling Xbox and claiming to be a user and getting the info? Yup. I'm not sure how you can't blame them for that. But besides that people are obtaining the info from other sites as well using basic hacking techniques.

I'm not sure who else you can blame?

Comment

• killgod
                    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                    • Oct 2008

Yeah, but the problem is your Windows Live ID. Not only is it what you use to sign on to Live but it's used for every other Microsoft product. All someone has to do is obtain that info by hacking one of their other sites and you're fucked. Is some of this happening by people calling Xbox and claiming to be a user and getting the info? Yup. I'm not sure how you can't blame them for that. But besides that people are obtaining the info from other sites as well using basic hacking techniques.

I'm not sure who else you can blame?
                    Yourself. Not that anyone really does that

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Bmore
                      So that showed absolutely nothing. When is it supposed to release, 2015?

I've never played a BG game but from what I understand I would love them. They're hack and slash dungeon crawlers with loot, correct?

Comment

• Bomberooski
                        #GoHawks
                        • Feb 2009

I've never played a BG game but from what I understand I would love them. They're hack and slash dungeon crawlers with loot, correct?
                        Real real in depth though. I always felt it was more of a strategy game than a hack and slash.
                        I give rep not thanks
                        My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• SethMode
                          Master of Mysticism
                          • Feb 2009

Not at all. They run on the D&D 2nd edition rule set (I think?). DICE ROLLS FTW!

They're great games, but not hack and slash in the least. Much more based upon pausing and making party orders, etc...Also, they have great stories and were some of the first games to actually have a decent morality system (even if being evil made the game almost impossibly hard).

Comment

• Twigg4075
                            Kindergarten Cop
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                            Yourself. Not that anyone really does that
                            Hmm. Well, in my case the info I use for my Windows Live log in was only used on whatever sites required it. The only ones that I know of are the Xbox, Xbox.com and there is one that escapes me now. My password was different so I'm not sure how that's my fault?

And the guy in the Kotaku article, how was it his fault?

I can see if you use the same e-mail and password on myriad sites, then yes I think you're opening yourself for failure.

The crazy thing is why on Earth anyone would want these accounts in the first place, just for the prestige of having a respected account?!? I could undertsnad the whole FIFA debacle because of the money aspect with Ultimate Team. But people paying actual money just to have a gamertag?

I've never heard of this on STEAM (But I don't play on PC) or on PS3. Both have systems in place where you earn a reputation, collect virtual accolades, etc. But you only hear about this shit on Xbox.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                              Not at all. They run on the D&D 2nd edition rule set (I think?). DICE ROLLS FTW!

They're great games, but not hack and slash in the least. Much more based upon pausing and making party orders, etc...Also, they have great stories and were some of the first games to actually have a decent morality system (even if being evil made the game almost impossibly hard).
                              Oh, well then I definitely would have no interest in that. Didn't they have console versions? On PS2 or something? Were they hack and slash?

Comment

• SethMode
                                Master of Mysticism
                                • Feb 2009

Oh, well then I definitely would have no interest in that. Didn't they have console versions? On PS2 or something? Were they hack and slash?
                                Yeah, I can't remember the name, but there was a PS2 game that was a top down hack and slash loot collector. Got pretty good reviews too, IIRC. Dark Alliance maybe?

Comment

Working...