X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Swarley
    A Special Kind of Cat
    • Jul 2010

So I'm listening to my very first CAG 'cast. Does anyone else think that CheapyD sounds exactly like Steve Guttenberg?

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
      So I'm listening to my very first CAG 'cast. Does anyone else think that CheapyD sounds exactly like Steve Guttenberg?
      He does sound a lot like him.

I hope you like Apple products because he is the biggest Apple fanboy on planet Earth. He can turn almost any conversation into "I'm not sure why they just don't do it like Apple" or "Just get an iMac". Besides that it's entertaining.

I have no idea what episode it was but it was from a few years ago I think, but if you can find it it is gold. It's the one where Wombat is the featured Gamer Spotlight on Xbox Live.

Comment

• Swarley
        A Special Kind of Cat
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
        He does sound a lot like him.

I hope you like Apple products because he is the biggest Apple fanboy on planet Earth. He can turn almost any conversation into "I'm not sure why they just don't do it like Apple" or "Just get an iMac". Besides that it's entertaining.

I have no idea what episode it was but it was from a few years ago I think, but if you can find it it is gold. It's the one where Wombat is the featured Gamer Spotlight on Xbox Live.
        I do like Apple products, but I also find their fanboys pretty annoying. I'm liking their segment when they answer questions fromt he listeners. Maybe we should look into something like that. Get a couple questions from guys around here when we post the podcast and then answer those questions on the next 'cast.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
          I do like Apple products, but I also find their fanboys pretty annoying. I'm liking their segment when they answer questions fromt he listeners. Maybe we should look into something like that. Get a couple questions from guys around here when we post the podcast and then answer those questions on the next 'cast.
          I'm pretty sure we tried that but no one wrote in questions. Ha. Of course that was before we had a Twitter account up and other easier ways to get in touch with is. But mostly because only five people listen.

I do know that I've heard at least one question from JMS and Riley read on the CAGcast. I gave up asking questions in their show threads because they never got read and I thought several of them were pretty solid. It seems they take questions from the same group of listeners over and over.

Comment

• jms493
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            I'm pretty sure we tried that but no one wrote in questions. Ha. Of course that was before we had a Twitter account up and other easier ways to get in touch with is. But mostly because only five people listen.

I do know that I've heard at least one question from JMS and Riley read on the CAGcast. I gave up asking questions in their show threads because they never got read and I thought several of them were pretty solid. It seems they take questions from the same group of listeners over and over.
            hehe...yeah they blew over my question pretty quickly though. I find their Cast pretty good because they dont take games serious. They like to play them but they all have wives and jobs and lives (well cheapyD is a fucking easy life). CheapyD is funny and I love the intro music and shit he plays. Yeah he is an Apple fan boy but he knows it and wombat calls him on that shit which is funny as well.

The Bombcast is still the best one cause Jeff and Vinny are fucking awesome. Jeff is such a fucking wealth of knowledge about games it is amazing. I can relate to them too cause they are around the same age.

Comment

• SethMode
              Master of Mysticism
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
              The Bombcast is still the best one cause Jeff and Vinny are fucking awesome. Jeff is such a fucking wealth of knowledge about games it is amazing. I can relate to them too cause they are around the same age.
              Vinny has basically the same mentality/opinion as me, so I agree (Jeff is also awesome). I like Ryan too for the most part, as he is a damn good host. Brad can be a bit of a dildo sometimes and Patrick lately has really irritated the fuck out of me with his abundance of hipsterish hate for things he either hasn't played, or hasn't finished (he also has a tendency to be the one that makes the most ridiculous comments of the staff).

It's my favorite and really the only one that I listen to, just because they don't take it too seriously either (for the most part). It is awesome thought when Jeff is forced to show his journalistic chops (last weeks about the debacle in the UK was great).

Comment

• Twigg4075
                Kindergarten Cop
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                Vinny has basically the same mentality/opinion as me, so I agree (Jeff is also awesome). I like Ryan too for the most part, as he is a damn good host. Brad can be a bit of a dildo sometimes and Patrick lately has really irritated the fuck out of me with his abundance of hipsterish hate for things he either hasn't played, or hasn't finished (he also has a tendency to be the one that makes the most ridiculous comments of the staff).

It's my favorite and really the only one that I listen to, just because they don't take it too seriously either (for the most part). It is awesome thought when Jeff is forced to show his journalistic chops (last weeks about the debacle in the UK was great).
                I like the Bombcast for the most part but none of them seem to ever play games on PS3. When Patrick first joined he seemed to be their go-to PS3 guy but even he has turned to playing every game on Xbox. I also think that while I respect Gerstmann he seems to be more negative than Maynard and I combined. Almost every game is "shit" or "awful". And then there are the pretty big and popular games he either never even played or played for an hour and tossed it aside. Listening to some of the games that he has flat out dismissed over the years is overwhelming.

I definitely agree about Klepek though. I love the fact that he's a Bears fan but he is such a fucking hipster. All he seems to like are niche games or the games that fall under the radar like Dishonored. He has been slobbing on that games knob for weeks and now it seems that after the initial hype died down most people are saying it's an average game. He also droned on and on about how great Asura's Wrath is.

While I do enjoy most of the stories where they go off on a tangent some of them go on way, way too long. Sometimes they spend the first hour of` their show talking about building an arcade cabinet or why this pizza place sucks. C'mon guys, move along.

Comment

• SethMode
                  Master of Mysticism
                  • Feb 2009

I think with Gerstmann he just has a propensity for older style games (most of the time -- he does contradict himself occasionally). I just like that he is at least honest and consistent in his opinions and what he'll play.

Vinny really seems to be the only one that plays through games and offers balanced opinions about them, and he's their damn audio/video guy.

As far as Patrick, he does seem to lobby too hard sometimes as well (although I loved Asura's Wrath). His obsession with PS3 Joust Move shit is ridiculous, considering it's barely a game.

As far as the PS3 thing, I never really got that. They rarely review PS3 exclusives, and they always play shit on either the 360 or PC (which would be fine if they wouldn't spend large amounts of time bitching about the framerate of the 360 version).

All that being said, like I mentioned, it's still my favorite, if only for Vinny and Jeff (and Ryan sometimes) actually being funny, unlike most vidja game podcasts out there (I recently listen to 8-4's podcast which was terrible).

Comment

• Bomberooski
                    #GoHawks
                    • Feb 2009

Well now you guys made me download the latest Bombcast episode to see if it's any good. Thanks a lot.
                    I give rep not thanks
                    My Audio Blog (Whoring)

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

The non-video game discussion is always the best with the Bombcast.

Also, you can't trust Brad Shoemaker.

Comment

• SethMode
                        Master of Mysticism
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                        The non-video game discussion is always the best with the Bombcast.

Also, you can't trust Brad Shoemaker.

I do agree. Their best stuff never involves games.

Comment

• Swarley
                          A Special Kind of Cat
                          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Bomberooski
                          Well now you guys made me download the latest Bombcast episode to see if it's any good. Thanks a lot.
                          I'm listening to it now. Shit's like 3.5 hours long lol.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                            Everything Burns...
                            • Nov 2008

sittin on 5600 m$ points cuz of my Halo 4 pre-order

if only there was anything I wanted to buy :denarded:

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by IamMedellin
                              sittin on 5600 m$ points cuz of my Halo 4 pre-order

if only there was anything I wanted to buy :denarded:

I am a bit of an XBLA junkie, so if you ever want any suggestions, I'd be willing to throw them out there. Off of the top of my head, have you tried Outland or Dust? I feel like I remember seeing you post about Super Meat Boy, but if I'm mistaken there, that's worth it if you're into platformers. Fez isn't bad, a bit of a slow burn, but very interesting and only 10 bucks. Also Braid is great, even if its story is a little pretentious. Bionic Commando ReArmed is fantastic, as well as Iron Brigade.

Anyway, I'm all over the map at this point, and maybe you've played most of if not all of these. Just some suggestions I'd offer if I had 5600 points.

Comment

• Swarley
                                A Special Kind of Cat
                                • Jul 2010

Comment

Working...