X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Golden Taters
    RIP West
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Nevermind
    I really want a Nascar game. I feel the need to draft and make smart pit stops. Then when I win I want to do donuts and burnouts.
    I had NASCAR Inside Line, and while the CPU was retarded the game was still pretty fun online. Didn't buy NASCAR 2014, but if you end up with it on 360 I might end up swinging that

Comment

• Swarley
      A Special Kind of Cat
      • Jul 2010

You guys need iRacing.

Comment

• Golden Taters
        RIP West
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
        You guys need iRacing.
        I would also need a new computer then

Comment

• Swarley
          A Special Kind of Cat
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Golden Taters
          I would also need a new computer then
          Oh it's worth it.

Comment

• ryne candy
            Aggie C/O '01
            • Feb 2009

Found a retro video game shop in Houston and visited it today. Pretty good stock of classic games, many in the box with booklet (not so much for NES games). I saw tons of games I used to own, bringing back memories. They had Reron 2&3 but not 5. They have several locations but you can go to http://Gameovervideogames.com.

Comment

• Swarley
              A Special Kind of Cat
              • Jul 2010

Well it turns out that Bully: Scholarship Edition was bugged. Went over a week in game-time and no story missions popped up. It just sucks b/c my Steam profile says about 9 hours have been played. Ugh. Worst part is both of my save files were after the last story mission I did, so I'm shit out of luck.

I don't feel like restarting now, so I said fuck it and I'm playing Mafia 2 now. Really enjoying it so far. Can't believe I haven't played it before, b/c I love the open-world games and I'm a junky for anything mafia/mob themed.

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Absolutely loving Mafia 2. Still can't believe I haven't played this game until now. Visually, it looks quite good on the PC. Voice acting and story are enjoyable. Missions are pretty varied. The era/setting is done very well. Streamed the game tonight for nearly 4 hours and got from chapter 5 to chapter 10. It was nice having a bunch of viewers and also ones that were using the chatbox a lot. Haven't had a chatbox that active in quite some time.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Mafia 2 is a really good game but it was unbelievably disappointing how there were NO side missions to do. Head scratching to say the least.
                  Last edited by Twigg4075; 07-18-2014, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• SethMode
                    Master of Mysticism
                    • Feb 2009

Man, it is crazy how much the Arcade is just flaming out here. I assumed that the site would see an overall traffic dip for a while, but this place used to get a ton of action, and now it's a wasteland.

How about this: Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5 are the two most overrated games of the previous generation.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                      Kindergarten Cop
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by SethMode
                      Man, it is crazy how much the Arcade is just flaming out here. I assumed that the site would see an overall traffic dip for a while, but this place used to get a ton of action, and now it's a wasteland.

How about this: Grand Theft Auto 4 and 5 are the two most overrated games of the previous generation.
                      I think I'm starting to realize that PT's ridiculous posts made up a good percentage of the traffic here.

But I would say overall, it seems like even regulars are posting less. My excuse is that I've been away for work conferences.

I think 4 was pretty dang overrated. I'm hoping to play but again soon to see if I still like it. Those stupid dates and hanging out with friends was beyond dumb. I still think 5 is great game. Maybe not the GOAT like some people seem to think but still really great. The multiplayer characters and bring able to switch seemingly at will was quite interesting and innovative.

Comment

• Swarley
                        A Special Kind of Cat
                        • Jul 2010

I thought 4 was ridiculously boring and I didn't really enjoy it at all, but I dunno if it's still beloved enough to call it the most overrated. 5 is solidly in my top 5 games of the generation, soooo I very much disagree with that one lol.

As for activity in this section... I dunno. This summer is pretty dry gaming-wise. I don't know if that has something to do with it or not.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

I'm also not looking forward to the shooting mechanic in 4. I still can't believe that in, what, 2007 or 2008, Rockstar was still using a lock on targeting system. So dumb. I'm so glad they at least gave you the option to use 'Expert' aiming in Red Dead.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                            • Sep 2024

I have a top games list I am in the planning stages of....not sure if I do 25 or 50

Comment

• SethMode
                              Master of Mysticism
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                              I think I'm starting to realize that PT's ridiculous posts made up a good percentage of the traffic here.

But I would say overall, it seems like even regulars are posting less. My excuse is that I've been away for work conferences.

I think 4 was pretty dang overrated. I'm hoping to play but again soon to see if I still like it. Those stupid dates and hanging out with friends was beyond dumb. I still think 5 is great game. Maybe not the GOAT like some people seem to think but still really great. The multiplayer characters and bring able to switch seemingly at will was quite interesting and innovative.
                              I definitely liked 5 more than 4. I played it way back when it came out, and couldn't even get much beyond the halfway point. Then I bought the complete edition thing whenever that came out, years later, and decided to give it another go. I beat it, despite wanting to chuck the fucking disc out of the window during the helicopter Little Jacob missile launcher mission, and I thought maybe what I missed was the story....and yeah, no. But, I am an admitted R* story...not hater, but well, someone who thinks they're strange and weirdly structured.

As for the traffic, I can't tell. I don't really think that there was a time where people like PT or Pitty dominated anything that wasn't new console related. JMS doesn't post at the new site either, because there is almost no video game traffic their either. I don't know what Garrett is doing, probably just racing, and bringing his hilarious quasi grumpy old man thing somewhere else.

It's a bummer.

Comment

• ThomasTomasz
                                • Sep 2024

I have a top games list I am in the planning stages of....not sure if I do 25 or 50

Comment

Working...