Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasTomasz
    • Sep 2024

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod
    What more do you want from an online service? As long as I can get on a play games (waitsforlamewellyoucantplayjoke) who needs cross game chatting and shit like that? Cool I guess but if PSN had a pay service that offered everything live offered I would stick with the free.
    I mean, I don't use the cross-game chat to actual talk across games, but I pointed out above that the people I play with have played together for a very long time. It makes sense for that, and also to have Party Chat, where we can go as a group into a game and talk amongst ourselves for strategy for the game we are playing, like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
      No longer a noob
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by padman59
      Not everyone can. Some people haven't been able to use the Netflix app since this whole outage began, and others (like me) have had it stop working after a week or two.
      Exactly what happened to me. Sucks.

Comment

• Twigg4075
        Kindergarten Cop
        • Feb 2009

I always found it funny that Leaf either defends or has no problem with MS charging for Live yet he is a primarily a PC gamer, and PC gamers have been championing free online play since it's inception.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
          I always found it funny that Leaf either defends or has no problem with MS charging for Live yet he is a primarily a PC gamer, and PC gamers have been championing free online play since it's inception.
          Hard to figure bitches out. :ionno:

Comment

• leaffan
            Colton Orr Fan
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            I got my xbox for free so I don't give a shit.

Also the free online play thing well isn't true for me anyways. I honestly don't give a shit if I have to pay a monthly fee for something, but that might have something to do with me not being a cheap ass.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• stevsta
              ¿Que?
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by leaffan
              I got my xbox for free so I don't give a shit.

Also the free online play thing well isn't true for me anyways. I honestly don't give a shit if I have to pay a monthly fee for something, but that might have something to do with me not being a cheap ass.
              16 cents per day to get xbox live is not that much and if your smart you really only pay around 10-12 cents

not that much to spend for the quality of xbox live
              RIP

Comment

• jms493
                • Feb 2009

I use xbox live probably 20/30 days.....it is a great value to me IMO.

On another note I cant believe this is going to be down for another weekend....

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

I spend more money on coffee in a month then what I do on xbox live in a year.

I really don't get how people whine and complain about the whole it's 50 bucks a year thing. The fact I have party chat is worth it alone.

I pay more in a month for some game server hosting when I have my own server for whatever PC game then I do for xbox live in a year.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• jms493
                    • Feb 2009

I really don't get how people whine and complain about the whole it's 50 bucks a year thing. The fact I have party chat is worth it alone..
                    Honestly you can find deals to get even less than $50 if money is the issue. I really think people have these "Principals" about it. Are you fucking kidding me....it is freaking video games....c'mon.

Xbox live draws me in for some reason....It makes me want to browse around, looks at my friends, see what people are playing, compare games, party chat, ect, ect. PSN might also do this but it is just SOOOOO much easier and more intuitive on xbox live.

Comment

• SethMode
                      Master of Mysticism
                      • Feb 2009

I spend more money on coffee in a month then what I do in a year.

I really don't get how people whine and complain about the whole it's 50 bucks a year thing. The fact I have party chat is worth it alone.

I pay more in a month for some game server hosting when I have my own server for whatever PC game then I do for xbox live in a year.
                      That's my outlook. I mean, to each his own, but for me buying my lunch a few times a week costs me more than my Live account.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                        No longer a noob
                        • Jan 2010

With no end in sight to the outage I am THIS close to pulling the trigger on a deal for a Xbox slim on Craigslist...for $150 I may just do it. I would think I could get my money back when I sell it after Psn comes back.

Comment

• strahanfan92
                          Meat
                          • Aug 2009

http://www.allagegaming.com/products...duction-soon-/

13th May 2011 - With the Playstation Network STILL being down, developers/publishers along with gamers are getting increasingly frustrated with Sony. The loss of revenue from the lack of downloadable content being purchased and the loss of revenue from gamers holding off purchasing games with significant online components (which is pretty much 9/10 games these days) is causing major headaches for everyone concerned.

According to an anonymous source, All Age Gaming have learned of a possible pending announcement from Sony which will detail a price reduction for the Playstation 3 console. This announcement is supposedly due to increasing pressure from one of the major players in the gaming industry, Electronic Arts. EA's frustration over the PSN outage would be very justified as sales of the Playstation 3 games they publish would have decreased as most if not all of EA's games have big online components. Titles such as Crysis 2, Fifa 11 and many more would be suffering big time. Also with the PSN down, any patches or updates to PS3 games have to be delayed as they would not have been able to go through their testing stage before being released to the public.

Whether this rumour turns out to be true or not remains to be seen, but I guess if it does turn out to be true, by the time the Playstation Nertwork comes back on, you might be able to pick up a brand spanking new PS3 for a fraction of its current price!

Stay tuned to All Age Gaming for any official word on this rumour and let us know your thoughts on this in our comments section below.

Comment

• Blade
                            Walking SAM site
                            • Feb 2009

They probably should not have apps like netflix ever run through PSN again. As long as there's an internet connection they should be able to connect to netflix.

Comment

• theMINI
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by FreemanTheGod
                              who needs cross game chatting and shit like that?
                              Maybe this is because you've never had cross game chatting or the option to invite other people to your party, but when I'm playing FIFA or some other game I like talking to my friends who are playing MW2 or something else.... I'm online because I enjoy interacting with people, not because I like to play by myself.

Comment

• Colonel Angus
                                No longer a noob
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by theMINI
                                Maybe this is because you've never had cross game chatting or the option to invite other people to your party, but when I'm playing FIFA or some other game I like talking to my friends who are playing MW2 or something else.... I'm online because I enjoy interacting with people, not because I like to play by myself.
                                Exactly. The social connectivity is what I loved about it, and if you have a solid group of friends on there party chat across different games is awesome.

Comment

Working...