X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayDizzle
    Let's Go All The Way...
    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by PS3trophies dot com
    While the Xbox Live Arcade has its annual Summer of Arcade, Sony has announced that the PlayStation Network is getting its very own equivalent this year, with the PSN PLAY program, which starts later this month. Bringing four top titles to the fore on the PlayStation Network, the PLAY program aims to reward PSN members with bonus content when purchasing the games in the spotlight each week.

Starting on August 10th for pre-orders and running until September 20th, PlayStation Network PLAY will offer bonus DLC and a theme with each pre-order (available for a limited period prior to the game's release) of one of the participating titles, and if you purchase all four games in the program before September 20th, you'll get a free PSN voucher to download frantic multiplayer FPS, PayDay: The Heist worth $19.99.

PlayStation Plus subscribers will also get a 20% discount on all four games while the PLAY promotion is running. You'll be able to start pre-ordering PLAY titles from next week before the promotion gets underway on August 24th with Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition, before continuing with DeathSpank follow-up, The Baconing on August 31st, BloodRayne: Betrayal on September 7th and Renegade Ops on September 14th.

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike will cost €14.99/$14.99, while the other three games will be €12.99/$14.99. PlayStation Network PLAY commences on August 10th and runs until September 20th. PayDay: The Heist is out in October 2011 and you'll have to be 18 or older to claim the game as your PLAY gift.
    You gotta drop $60 or so on 4 DL titles for a free game.

Third Strike's a MUST GRAB if you're a SF/fighting games fan while the others are a matter of what you want in a game.

The new BloodRayne and Renegade Ops titles are supposed to be sleepers IMO.

Comment

• Twigg4075
      Kindergarten Cop
      • Feb 2009

Bloodrayne is supposed to be really good and Renegade Ops is going to kick ass (I hope).

I couldn't care less about Street Fighter and I've never even heard of that FPS.

Comment

• JayDizzle
        Let's Go All The Way...
        • Nov 2008

The FPS is supposed to be, at best, "Left 4 Dead mixed with the movie Heat."

Realistically, it'll probably be a better version of that one heist mode from Kane and Lynch, minus the immediate teamkilling before the match even starts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc752Yc0NAA"]...[/ame]

After watching that trailer video, you can see where they aped the character outlines from L4D... still a great mechanic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6coVINbzWA&feature=related"]First 3 minutes of Bank Heist level[/ame]

Basic objective mechanics (get the drill/thermite, secure bank cards, etc.) plus an upgradable gear and weapon system from what I could see (either with the XP you earn or with the money you steal).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eekEtuSeCl4&feature=related"]15 mins of Gameplay[/ame]

The game's got 6 levels to play on all together, so barring early griefing or lack of a community (the game's only coming to PS3 and PC from what I'm hearing), it might have a shot.

Also, even if you don't get the other 4 games to get this one for free, it's relatively cheap.

$20, plus online and consistent player progression should keep you coming back... more so if they include trophies.

Comment

• BigBucs
          Unpretentious
          • May 2009

I found my old disc of Driver: You are the Wheel Man. The shit is scratched to hell but my PS3 plays it with no issue. I cant get though the driving test though so I cant start the game/story line. Was a breeze when I was a kid. Feels weird not being able to use the analog to steer.

Comment

• Twigg4075
            Kindergarten Cop
            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
            The FPS is supposed to be, at best, "Left 4 Dead mixed with the movie Heat."

Realistically, it'll probably be a better version of that one heist mode from Kane and Lynch, minus the immediate teamkilling before the match even starts.

After watching that trailer video, you can see where they aped the character outlines from L4D... still a great mechanic.

First 3 minutes of Bank Heist level

Basic objective mechanics (get the drill/thermite, secure bank cards, etc.) plus an upgradable gear and weapon system from what I could see (either with the XP you earn or with the money you steal).

15 mins of Gameplay

The game's got 6 levels to play on all together, so barring early griefing or lack of a community (the game's only coming to PS3 and PC from what I'm hearing), it might have a shot.

Also, even if you don't get the other 4 games to get this one for free, it's relatively cheap.

$5 a map, plus online and consistent player progression should keep you coming back... more so if they include trophies.
            That game actually looks like a lot of fun. The graphics don't look like anything amazing but it is a downloadable title.

Comment

• Twigg4075
              Kindergarten Cop
              • Feb 2009

Why does MS and Sony have to include ONE game in these summer bundles that I couldn't give two shits about? MS did it with Fruit Ninja (doubly stupid because you NEED a Kinect to play it) and Sony with Street Fighter. I'd probably be willing to buy all the games in the Summer of Arcade or the Sony PSN Play (or whatever it's called) if it weren't for those two games.

Comment

• padman59
                Slayer of Demons
                • Mar 2009

I didn't even realize that Comix Zone comes out today for PS+ members until I looked at the PS blog. I'm assuming the Store is updated too.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                  I didn't even realize that Comix Zone comes out today for PS+ members until I looked at the PS blog. I'm assuming the Store is updated too.
                  Yes it did and yes it is.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                    Let's Go All The Way...
                    • Nov 2008

PlayStation Network

Far Cry 2 — Caught between two rival factions in war-torn Africa, you are sent to take out “The Jackal”, a mysterious character who has rekindled the conflict between the warlords, jeopardizing thousands of lives. In order to fulfil your mission you will have to play the factions against each other, identify and exploit their weaknesses, and neutralise their superior numbers and firepower with surprise, subversion, cunning and, of course, brute force.

Demos

Madden NFL 12 – Madden NFL 12 continues the rich tradition of the storied franchise by bringing fans closer to the NFL than ever before. Featuring all 32 teams, stadiums, and all your favorite players in the league, Madden NFL 12 is True to the Game. All-new collision system, advanced defensive A.I. enhancements highlight the 2012 edition’s improved feature set, with Custom Playbooks also added provide a more authentic gameplay experience. Franchise mode includes more than 100 new features and enhancements, while Superstar mode now allows fans to control the growth of their superstar with an all-new progression system.

Dynamic Player Performance creates unprecedented realism as a player’s skills and confidence will rise and fall based on his performance throughout a game or in Franchise mode, just like the real NFL. No two players will play the same in Madden NFL 12. Further adding to the experience, Online Communities will provide an all-new way for Madden NFL gamers to meet and play, and Madden NFL Ultimate Team continues to offer the perfect combination of Madden NFL Football, fantasy football, and trading cards.

Driver: San Francisco — With crime lord Charles Jericho now on the loose San Francisco faces a terrible threat. Only one man can stand against him. He has driven the streets of a hundred cities, spent his whole life putting criminals behind bars. But to take Jericho down, there can be no turning back, and he knows that this may very well be his last ride. His name is John Tanner. He is the Driver.

Driver: San Francisco marks the return of the blockbuster driving franchise. Gamers play John Tanner, a hardened detective involved in a relentless manhunt throughout the City by the Bay. Thanks to a groundbreaking gameplay feature, players can now seamlessly shift between more than a hundred licensed vehicles, keeping them constantly in the heart of the action. With its timeless atmosphere, unique car handling and renewed playability, Driver: San Francisco offers the free-roaming, classic, cinematic car chase experience.
                    Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad Of Gay Tony – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
                    Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost And Damned – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
                    Midnight Club Los Angeles – South Central Ultimate Content Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $6.49, original price $12.50)
                    Red Dead Redemption – Deadly Assassin Outfit – Sale (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
                    Red Dead Redemption – Golden Guns Weapon Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
                    Red Dead Redemption – Legends And Killers Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
                    Red Dead Redemption – Liars And Cheats – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
                    Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare Collection (DLC Bundle) – Sale (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
                    Red Dead Redemption – Undead Nightmare Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
                    Red Dead Redemption – War Horse Pack – Sale (PS3) (now $0.49, original price $0.99)
                    Megaman 10 – Mega DLC Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
                    Megaman 9 – DLC Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $2.99, original price $4.99)
                    Boom Beats – Minis – Sale (PS3/PSP) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

The GTA4 DLC is tempting.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                        Let's Go All The Way...
                        • Nov 2008

I'd get the Red Dead DLC (Liars and Cheats/Legends and Killers) but I doubt anyone plays anymore.

Free blackjack and poker on Home and free DLC in September also isn't helping either.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                          Kindergarten Cop
                          • Feb 2009

So I could spend $48 (with PS+ discount) on the PSN Play games and het The Heist for free even though I will probably never touch Street Fighter because I hate those games. Or I could pass on SF and buy the other games and pay for The Heist which will probably be around $51 or $52. I guess I'm getting dumb ass SF.

Comment

• JayDizzle
                            Let's Go All The Way...
                            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                            So I could spend $48 (with PS+ discount) on the PSN Play games and het The Heist for free even though I will probably never touch Street Fighter because I hate those games. Or I could pass on SF and buy the other games and pay for The Heist which will probably be around $51 or $52. I guess I'm getting dumb ass SF.
                            Not saying you would or should play it, but they've put in a training-type mode for this version of SF:III for bums like you and me.

I'll mash buttons all goddamn day but I have to believe that after learning how to parry, counter and put together simple combos, it could start being "fun."

Also, PayDay: The Heist could be straight buttcheeks for all you know.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                              Kindergarten Cop
                              • Feb 2009

So, it looks like with todays update you can allow auto updates of saves to the cloud. Pretty damn cool. Heck knows I keep forgetting to upload them.

Comment

• krulmichael
                                STRAAAAANGE MUSIC!
                                • Feb 2009

Urge to purchase the PS+...rising...

Twitch Channel
                                http://www.twitch.tv/krulmichael20

Season I: 10-6 (NFC North Champions)
                                Season II: 9-7 (NFC North Champions)
                                Season III: 13-3 (NFC Champions)
                                Season IV: 11-5 (NFC North Champions)
                                Season V: 2-1