Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Also, no cross-buy. Fuck off Vanillaware.

Comment

• JayDizzle
      Let's Go All The Way...
      • Nov 2008

Buying it.

Getting my fix of beat-em-up and finally getting a chance to play a Vanillaware game ratchets up my intrigue as well.

Comment

• SethMode
        Master of Mysticism
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JayDizzle
        Buying it.

Getting my fix of beat-em-up and finally getting a chance to play a Vanillaware game ratchets up my intrigue as well.
        You never played Odin Sphere? It was pretty great, interesting story, beautiful graphics. Unfortunately the framerate was straight up BROKEN. You could slog through those moments, but man were they a huge bummer.

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

As long as the reviews don't make it sound (bad/too short/too easy) I'm 100% in. Looks fantastic. Love the art style, the RPG elements, looks so smooth.

Comment

• JayDizzle
            Let's Go All The Way...
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by SethMode
            You never played Odin Sphere? It was pretty great, interesting story, beautiful graphics. Unfortunately the framerate was straight up BROKEN. You could slog through those moments, but man were they a huge bummer.
            Never.

When I saw one of the more recent video editorials from IGN about Dragon's Crown, I was quickly reminded of yet another game I've missed out on.

Originally posted by killgod
            As long as the reviews don't make it sound (bad/too short/too easy) I'm 100% in. Looks fantastic. Love the art style, the RPG elements, looks so smooth.
            I've heard that depending on which character you select dictates the difficulty for the player in terms of how technical their moves get.

I think the Dwarf was the easiest to main with because he's basically all button-mashing; while if you chose the Elf, you had to pick your spots in a fight.

Mainly because of the limited amount of arrows you get during a stage and her only other attacks require you to get up close and juggle enemies.

The arrows themselves can be used to cause crazy amounts of damage though so there's the tradeoff if you're patient.

As for the RPG elements, knowing that the replayability stems from going on repeated dungeon runs to score better loot to appraise for later is enticing.

Comment

• killgod
              OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
              • Oct 2008

I'm gonna be all about the Wizard, he should be tough to use. Maybe Sorceress, but I won't be on mic cause I'll be fapping (unless you guize want me on mic )

Comment

• JayDizzle
                Let's Go All The Way...
                • Nov 2008

I'm gonna be all about the Wizard, he should be tough to use. Maybe Sorceress, but I won't be on mic cause I'll be fapping (unless you guize want me on mic )
                The only person I trust to play games using only one hand around here is Knubb.

Comment

• ryne candy
                  Aggie C/O '01
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Twigg4075
                  Also, no cross-buy. Fuck off Vanillaware.
                  Do they even have cross buy games that aren't small games or properties owned by Sony?

edit: saw it's only coming out for PS. Guess they think it too much $ to leave on a table.

On Podcast Beyond podcast they were talking about how the characters had a difficulty level tied to them. The Fighter was considered to be easy difficulty, while the Sorceress was Expert level. I hope you can change it and those are just default.
                  Last edited by ryne candy; 05-10-2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                    Kindergarten Cop
                    • Feb 2009

If I'm desperate to play a Vanillaware game, which I'm not, I'll just play Muramasa Rebirth when it comes out on Vita.

Comment

• IamMedellin
                      Everything Burns...
                      • Nov 2008

• Assassin’s Creed III Ultimate Edition
                        The American Colonies, 1775. It’s a time of civil unrest and political upheaval in the Americas. As a Native American Assassin fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation’s revolution.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $87.93
                        PSN Price: $69.99 ($62.99 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Batman: Arkham City Ultimate Edition
                        No escape from Arkham City…the sprawling super-prison in the heart of Gotham City, home to its most violent thugs and infamous super villains. With the lives of the innocent at stake, only one man can save them and bring justice to the streets of Gotham City…The Batman.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $57.95
                        PSN Price: $28.99 ($23.19 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Ultimate Edition
                        In the world’s darkest hour, are you willing to do what is necessary? Prepare yourself for a cinematic thrill-ride as only Call of Duty can deliver. Online, the definitive Multiplayer experience returns bigger and better than ever, loaded with new maps, modes and features. Co-Op play has evolved with all-new Special-Ops missions and leaderboards
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $99.99
                        PSN Price: $69.99 ($62.99 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • DmC Devil May Cry Ultimate Edition
                        In a society corrupted by demons only The Order can see the world for what it really is. Join Dante in the ultimate experience of stylish action chain together combo after combo with panache and dispatch demonic spawn back to hell – reveal the truth behind the lies.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $74.96
                        PSN Price: $52.49 ($47.24 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Far Cry 3 Ultimate Edition
                        Journey into the heart of insanity.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $69.98
                        PSN Price: $55.99 ($50.39 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Max Payne 3 Ultimate Edition
                        For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $69.99
                        PSN Price: $29.99 ($20.99 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Ultimate Edition
                        METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE takes the renowned METAL GEAR franchise into exciting new territory by focusing on delivering an all-new action experience unlike anything that has come before.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $90.91
                        PSN Price: $63.99 ($44.79 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Persona 4 Arena Ultimate Edition
                        Two months after the ending of the hit RPG Persona 4, a new threat has emerged in Persona 4 Arena!
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $59.91
                        PSN Price: $39.99 ($27.99 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • Starhawk Ultimate Edition
                        From the creators of Warhawk comes a frenetic third person shooter adventure that allows you to command the combat by using the innovative Build & Battle system.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $66.83
                        PSN Price: $23.49 ($16.44 for PlayStation Plus members)
                      • TRANSFORMERS: Fall of Cybertron Ultimate Edition
                        Experience the epic battles and the darkest hours of the war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they fight for control of their dying home world, ultimately culminating in their legendary exodus from Cybertron.
                        Total Value of the Game with all DLC (Paid & Free): $89.99
                        PSN Price: $62.99 ($56.69 for PlayStation Plus members)

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                        Kindergarten Cop
                        • Feb 2009

Meh. Thoe only one that is a great deal is Starhawk.

Comment

• ryne candy
                          Aggie C/O '01
                          • Feb 2009

Comes out next week for $9.99. I need to continue my game on the Vita.

Original trailer:

Comment

• Handleit_44
                            Posts a lot
                            • Jun 2009

PlayStation Plus June Preview:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3)
                            Machinarium (PS3)
                            Saints Row: The Third (PS3)
                            Orc Attack (PS Vita)
                            Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward (PS Vita)

Leaving PS Plus In June
                            June 4th – Sleeping Dogs
                            June 11th – Closure
                            June 11th – Ratchet & Clank All 4 One
                            June 11th – inFAMOUS 2
                            June 11th – LittleBigPlanet 2
                            June 18th – SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny
                            June 25th – BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND

I’d like to introduce Square Enix’s Deus Ex: Human Revolution to the Instant Game Collection. With discounts on Portal 2, Let’s Fish! Hooked On, and GRID 2, you’re sure to find a deal worth picking up this week. After that, check out the hefty update we've got in store for the Instant Game Collection in [...]
                            Last edited by Handleit_44; 06-03-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• padman59
                              Slayer of Demons
                              • Mar 2009

Looking like a good month for PS+.

Comment

• Handleit_44
                                Posts a lot
                                • Jun 2009

Comment

Working...