X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maynard
    stupid ass titles
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by J.Hen
    I think with enough tweaking this game can be a legit single player experience. Which I dont think could have been said about last year's at all.
    agreed. While i feel like its basically identical to ncaa....obviously ncaa and nfl football are 2 different styles of football....but the 2 games play the same at their core. Playing the games is what i care about most and i love playing ncaa. I think with sliders that this game can give us the best football experience we have seen for madden thus far

i hope the outrage over the strategy pad can force EA to make a release day patch to use the old controls

Comment

• Derrville
      Dallas has no coaching...
      • Jul 2009

I like Gameflow a lot on offense. I use ask madden anyway so this just makes everything smoother. Id never use it on defense though. No way am i trusting the CPU to call my defense plays. I dont see me playing much of offline franchise though. On all madden i was able to score at will.

Comment

• Herm
        Boomshakalaka
        • Oct 2008

I'll have to try out this gameflow but i like to call all my own plays on offense and defense, so i hope its something that can work properly.

Comment

• dave
          Go the fuck outside
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by AlterEgo
          And the play call screen looks so damn old fashion. NCAA way better.
          What the hell are you talking about?
          They're the same.
          My Twitch video link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000

Twitch archived games link: http://www.twitch.tv/dave374000/profile/past_broadcasts

Comment

• Herm
            Boomshakalaka
            • Oct 2008

what kind of internet connections do you guys have its been 10 minutes and im on 79%, i have standard comcast internet service 13 mb DL.

I see some people saying its taking forever to download.

Comment

• Aso
              The Serious House
              • Nov 2008

Does anyone know where the run/pass commit is?

Comment

• Herm
                Boomshakalaka
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Herm
                what kind of internet connections do you guys have its been 10 minutes and im on 79%, i have standard comcast internet service 13 mb DL.

I see some people saying its taking forever to download.
                took about 15 minutes at most

Comment

• Rudi
                  #CyCueto
                  • Nov 2008

Alright, just played my game on the demo. Keep in mind I have never played NCAA this year. Didnt play with GameFlow either.

-Not sure how I feel about players always sprinting....I know I'll probably end up getting used to it, but it just seems like everyone is skating around on the grass.

-The strategy pad isnt AS bad as everyone is making it out to be, its pretty easy to navigate. I would still prefer the old way

-CPU seemed to break a lot of tackles on All-pro, including Jericho Cotchery breaking 6 tackles on a little screen pass that he broke off for 79 yards to beat me. Meh

-I loved running the ball. If you are able to be patient(its kinda hard with auto-sprint) holes do open up and you can get some solid runs

-Tried press coverage one time, and Holmes burned whoever the Colts DB was by 15 fucking yards and scored a bomb. didnt try it again

-I tried play action off and on with mixed results. Sometimes it would work like a charm, other times id have people in my face in the backfield and it was a fail. Dont see a problem with that

-CPU pass rush was pretty legit, but could have a lot to do with the jets scheme/ratings on D

-overall, I like the game. I think it will be very enjoyable once it comes out and some good settings are discovered. I know im gunna end up playing the fuck out of it.

Comment

• Herm
                    Boomshakalaka
                    • Oct 2008

is the throw away option not in the demo? or is it just not r1 like ncaa? im on ps3

Comment

• Archer
                      Go the fuck outside
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Aso21Raiders
                      Does anyone know where the run/pass commit is?
                      Didn't they take run/pass commit out of madden after madden 09?

Comment

• RainboUnicorn
                        No Homo
                        • Nov 2008

Well I just played my first game on the demo.

Peyton Manning
                        18 completions for 580 yards and 8 td's.

Comment

• Tailback U
                          No substitute 4 strength.
                          • Nov 2008

lmao @ that manning stat.

i have been downloading this f'n thing all day. it's seriously been 4 hours. my connection is slow but not THAT slow.

Comment

• Herm
                            Boomshakalaka
                            • Oct 2008

im with the above poster who said they'd trust gameflow for offense but not defense.

Im pleasantly surprised with demo, i dont like that LBs are still superjumping to pick off passes and running stride for stride with WRs 30 yds downfield and swatting down passes.

Comment

• Aso
                              The Serious House
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Archer
                              Didn't they take run/pass commit out of madden after madden 09?
                              Originally posted by AveryB
                              I was thinking the same thing:whisper:
                              It was said that they put it back in.

Maybe I'm wrong.
                              Last edited by Aso; 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• killgod
                                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                                • Oct 2008

random note

if you go to OT and it remains tied, it'll restart OT and keep going.

I just missed wide a 53 yarder for the win, left 1 second on the clock. Manning bombed it to Wayne and caught it, i stopped him at the one not caring expecting a tie. Then all of a sudden the clock said 5:00 and they were kicking a FG? lol.

Comment

Working...