X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leaffan
    Colton Orr Fan
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by godspeed
    The small window I even have to play video games is late late Friday nights, and afternoon maybe on Saturday or Sunday. If I would have waited until release on Tuesday and got the game, probably would not have gotten a chance to play it until the weekend. So this just gives me a chance, and works for me.

That's kind of harsh implying that people who waste money on the season ticket.don't have a life?? Saying or implying I don't have a life or anyone that has a season ticket doesn't a life is kinda messed up.
    The very definition of what season ticket is sold for is geared towards people that don't have a life and play a ton of ea sports games.

To make it even worth it in DLC you'd have to spend well over $100 to even begin to show savings there and the whole $25 to essentially have a game rental for 3 days is silly and for those that simply can't wait.

So essentially season ticket was created for those that don't have lives. You could of waited easily another week.

I dispise season ticket and EA attempting to get into activisions realm of greedyness. If it was maybe a $10 purchase then it might be worth it to more people but $25 just to play a couple ea sports titles early is laughable.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Rip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Ravin
      Winter Classic to me is like the broken sticks and glass. Sure its nice and all, but really, when are you going to care. Unless you can play people online in Winter Classic setting, it is just a waste of time that EA could have been doing something else. Of course, sadly, outside of the good things they added, seems like a lot of this year is 'filler'.
      Agree. The game does feel great though and NHL feels like crack. The things they added could be a patch but I'm sucking it up.

They're going to add a buttload of things next year though only because 2k is coming back just because they could afford to not do it this year. Looking forward to 2k.

Originally posted by leaffan
      The very definition of what season ticket is sold for is geared towards people that don't have a life and play a ton of ea sports games.

To make it even worth it in DLC you'd have to spend well over $100 to even begin to show savings there and the whole $25 to essentially have a game rental for 3 days is silly and for those that simply can't wait.

So essentially season ticket was created for those that don't have lives. You could of waited easily another week.

I dispise season ticket and EA attempting to get into activisions realm of greedyness. If it was maybe a $10 purchase then it might be worth it to more people but $25 just to play a couple ea sports titles early is laughable.
      I completely agree. People are spending 25 dollars just to get ahead of EASHL and exploit the points system even more. Maybe even try to find glitch goals before launch to have an unfair advantage, which the season ticket is an unfair advantage in the first place.

Apparently there's an update and patch on release day that's fixing a lot of demo problems. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Ravin
        Dishing the Gino's
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rip
        I completely agree. People are spending 25 dollars just to get ahead of EASHL and exploit the points system even more. Maybe even try to find glitch goals before launch to have an unfair advantage, which the season ticket is an unfair advantage in the first place.

Apparently there's an update and patch on release day that's fixing a lot of demo problems. Looking forward to it.
        If people are buying season ticket to get ahead in EASHL, then what leaf said about "no lives" is just made 100% true.

It all depends on the gamer you are. We will play 4-5 EASHL games a night at our regular 10pm to 2am slot like we do every week night, and we will still be a top 400 elite team no issue. That will not change with 3 days early.
        All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• godspeed
          • Mar 2009

I honestly can't beleive you can say someone has no life just because they bought the season ticket, and people are agreeing with that. It's pretty offensive to just be throwing that out there to people you don't even know.

I own one video game right now. It's madden. Played one game this week. I'll be buying NHL sometime next week. I want to maybe take a look at FIFA, and Tiger Woods, and I know I'll probably be getting Madden and NCAA next year. Those are probably my only purchases, maybe 3 games. I haven't bought NHL since I think 09,10, and if you don't believe that you can just look at my posts in the thread asking about the game.

I have no clue about what EASHL, buying points, whatever that means, and so on or about any advantage you guys are talking about. The menu itself is confusing to me..lol. All this stuff is new to me in this game.

I just don't see what the big problem is, and how people can just come out and try to insult people, especially when it is unwarranted and untrue. I wish I had time time to get more into games outside of the sports realm, but as you get older, there isn;t alot of time. The timing of the ticket and the small window to play games on the weekend actually works for me.

Initially came into this thread to get info about the game since I was pretty new to it. Ravin helped me out with some tips. Had no idea this thread would get turned negative for no reason.

Comment

• godspeed
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JRoZe410
            godspeed,ill have it also whenever it finishes download.add me on PSN=xJRoZe410x
            Ok cool, I'll add you. Didn't get a chance to get on until late late last night. Looks like my only window to play games today is late late night again tonight. I'll try and look for you then.

Comment

• wingsfan77
              • Aug 2009

I'd definitely do it if the $25 came out of the cost of the game, which I'm pretty sure it doesn't so screw that.

Comment

• Ravin
                Dishing the Gino's
                • Feb 2009

I honestly can't beleive you can say someone has no life just because they bought the season ticket, and people are agreeing with that. It's pretty offensive to just be throwing that out there to people you don't even know.

I own one video game right now. It's madden. Played one game this week. I'll be buying NHL sometime next week. I want to maybe take a look at FIFA, and Tiger Woods, and I know I'll probably be getting Madden and NCAA next year. Those are probably my only purchases, maybe 3 games. I haven't bought NHL since I think 09,10, and if you don't believe that you can just look at my posts in the thread asking about the game.

I have no clue about what EASHL, buying points, whatever that means, and so on or about any advantage you guys are talking about. The menu itself is confusing to me..lol. All this stuff is new to me in this game.

I just don't see what the big problem is, and how people can just come out and try to insult people, especially when it is unwarranted and untrue. I wish I had time time to get more into games outside of the sports realm, but as you get older, there isn;t alot of time. The timing of the ticket and the small window to play games on the weekend actually works for me.

Initially came into this thread to get info about the game since I was pretty new to it. Ravin helped me out with some tips. Had no idea this thread would get turned negative for no reason.
                Stop catching feelings. My god, you obviously dont know leaf if you're throwing a hissy fit like this.
                All you need to know when thinking of the NHL vs Madden series is the two people involved in making the games.

"rammer" and "cummings"

The NHL series is a giver, Madden takes the load.

Comment

• leaffan
                  Colton Orr Fan
                  • Feb 2009

:didntread2:

Comment

• Boucher
                    King of EDM
                    • Jul 2009

what a fag

Comment

• godspeed
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Ravin
                      Stop catching feelings. My god, you obviously dont know leaf if you're throwing a hissy fit like this.
                      I'm familiar with his posting style from way back in the day at MM. But I don't post a whole lot as you can see from my post counts.

If the guy voiced his opinion, I'm gonna voice mine.

I just think we are just all a little too old for the name calling

Comment

• PP
                        • Feb 2010

I dont get why there aren't more options when creating EASHL jerseys. I dont get why we cant use ANY logo in the game... and if not for that why are we stuck using the same logos for the last 3 years? They already have soemthing set up with teambuilder not sure why we dont have more options. sigh.

gameplay is solid

Comment

• leaffan
                          Colton Orr Fan
                          • Feb 2009

I'm familiar with his posting style from way back in the day at MM. But I don't post a whole lot as you can see from my post counts.

If the guy voiced his opinion, I'm gonna voice mine.

I just think we are just all a little too old for the name calling
                          I said that I think season ticket is a waste of money and its geared towards people that play EA sports titles a ton then gave a reason for it. I then said you could of waited pretty much implying that because you don't play a lot it isn't worth you buying it.

Learn to fuckin read. I didn't call you names or anything.

Comment

• godspeed
                            • Mar 2009

How exactly are leagues set up for the the EASHL?

Are they created by users, than you join them, or are they created by EA?

Also how are games and schedules setup like the format? As far as when people are around, and setting games up vs. opponents. Do you have to have 5 other human team mates?

I'm hoping there are some beginner leagues out there that I can start with so me and my friends don't get owned. We are all pretty much new to the game.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• wingsfan77
                              • Aug 2009

Somebody creates a team then send invites. You go into the "lobby" and pick your positions then start up a game. You can choose to either match human goalie (if you have one) or match club size if you want, but most of the time if you have 2 people they'll match you up against another 2 or 3 person team.

Comment

• godspeed
                                • Mar 2009

Learn to fuckin read. I didn't call you names or anything.
                                My comments were made based on what you said, that you had a life opposed to others who bought the season ticket who had no life.

You said your peace, and I said mine.

I'd like to go back to asking a ton of questions about this game, and having you guys help me out. :redface:

Game seems really deep even outside of a season franchise option, which I never play anyway.

Comment

Working...