Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adembroski
    All-Inclusive!
    • Feb 2009

3-26 Pursuit Angles in NCAA 10 also applies to Madden, as per this post by Ian Cummings. Note Ian's statement that the locomotion in Madden is quite different.
    S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• adembroski
      All-Inclusive!
      • Feb 2009

3-30 via twitter, Ian confirmed that there will be a greater degree of risk involved with the Hit Stick
      S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Aso
        The Serious House
        • Nov 2008

Thanks a lot for all these updates adem.

Comment

• Point Blank
          Needs a hobby
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by adembroski
          3-30 via twitter, Ian confirmed that there will be a greater degree of risk involved with the Hit Stick
          That's good to hear.

Ian is now waiting for an approval to get the blog up.

Comment

• adembroski
            All-Inclusive!
            • Feb 2009

3-30 Customization in Madden NFL 10 (plus a "behind the scenes" look at a design document)- Reorganized settings menu, BackTrack can now be shut off, CPU sliders are back, "Offensive Playbook" is listed 3 times for some reason, Accelerated clock is confirmed with a "Threshold" setting, Potentially new cameras but not confirmed, Injury slider, coach mode, controller config a possibility but not confirmed
            S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Point Blank
              Needs a hobby
              • Oct 2008

Good stuff.

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

what a boring madden blog yesterday.

minimal changes and zero mention of fixing the sliders that don't even work in the first place.

:pcslap:

Comment

• adembroski
                  All-Inclusive!
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by killgod
                  what a boring madden blog yesterday.

minimal changes and zero mention of fixing the sliders that don't even work in the first place.

:pcslap:
                  Speak for yourself... accelerated clock is back, injury sliders, CPU sliders are back... and, tbh, I never had a problem getting the sliders to work in '09.
                  S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Houston
                    Back home
                    • Oct 2008

Speak for yourself... accelerated clock is back, injury sliders, CPU sliders are back... and, tbh, I never had a problem getting the sliders to work in '09.
                    lol damn I forgot all about accelerated clock, Its pretty cool if you just playing casually with some friends.

Comment

• adembroski
                      All-Inclusive!
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by HoustonBoy
                      lol damn I forgot all about accelerated clock, Its pretty cool if you just playing casually with some friends.
                      Eh? No, that's very much a sim feature. Simulating the time it takes to make substitutions, coordinate with... well, coordinators... call the play in from the sidelines, make the call in the huddle, and get to the line. It's the only way to even up time of possession between the HUM and CPU player.

And I forgot to mention in the last post- FATIGUE SLIDER!!!! Thank the Lawd, it's about time.
                      S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• killgod
                        OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                        • Oct 2008

We were teased with those options with the DLC months ago. So "tell me something we didn't already know" is what I should have said I guess. Their notes almost suggest that stuff was already in the game (09?) and just wasn't made available, which if true (i'm merely speculating) is a dick move to pad their '10 feature list.

Fatigue slider is cool, but is that going to correct the lack of a 2 RB system used by the CPU?

P.S. Penalty sliders do nothing really (except for holding and clipping). Yet, penalties (whether you like them or not) play a huge role in football. So I was hoping this wouldn't go ignored for the Nth season in a row.

P.S.S. In the past some sliders have been broken or backwards (you've said so yourself in your own reports), so I'd like some kind of comment from them saying that the sliders put in the game actually will do what they suggest they will do.
                        Last edited by killgod; 03-31-2009, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• adembroski
                          All-Inclusive!
                          • Feb 2009

3-31 Press release makes vague mentions of dragging players, pile-on-fumbles, and "new animation technology".
                          S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• adembroski
                            All-Inclusive!
                            • Feb 2009

4-3 April Fool's (plus some real info)- Admission that the passing cone was fake, but layered blending as it applies to sideline catches info contained herein.

A bit late with this, I'm sorry. Hard to edit these from work on my new workstation. It's slow as hell.

Anyways, I'm setting aside some time this weekend for a reorganization of the info, and to be ready for what's sure to be an interesting stretch run to release day.
                            S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• adembroski
                              All-Inclusive!
                              • Feb 2009

4-4 According to Ian, the affect of Procedural Awareness post play was surprising to the team. The players looking at one another, looking down as they hopped over a fallen opponent, gave the game more life than they anticipated.

4-4 Due to CPU considerations, referees do not have the same awareness as players, however, they will follow their assigned targets. The line judge will follow the ball carrier, the head ref will watch the trenches, etc.

4-4 Camera flashes will be scaled according to the type of game (i.e. Regular season, playoffs, Super Bowl).

4-4 A photo of Ian's workstation was released with a white board behind with the following "To Do" list- Fix QB sneaks, Tune crowd animations so they're not so busy, add "prep steps" to double jukes so they're physically realistic, and fix the spin move so you can't "double spin" to change directions. Ian verified what each of these was. Also, new break tackle animations have been added.

4-4 "Tipped passes" at the line have been added. They are rare but dramatic moments when a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage will float, giving both teams a shot at it.
                              S.P.Q.A.

Comment

• Kia Kaha
                                52Ray_Lewis
                                • Dec 2008

that sound sgreat about the tip ball thing and i like the camers idea aswell

thanks for tht

Comment

Working...