X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KNUBB
    WHITE RONDO
    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
    Who else intends on being level 26 by the 16th?

Comment

• Handleit_44
      Posts a lot
      • Jun 2009

People already modding with unlimited ammo. :-/

Comment

• cf24
        WESTBROOK
        • Feb 2009

Started this up last night. Never played Borderlehnds, and only played Halo once, so I can't compare it to either of them.
        Seems pretty fun? Only played the first level. If you guys are going to be on tonight, hit me up.

Comment

• Twigg4075
          Kindergarten Cop
          • Feb 2009

So, the wife and I are only level 4's but so far this game isn't doing anything for me. It's exactly like the Alpha/Beta. It's RPG Halo. Everything from the music to the weapons, to the characters, to the environments.

Granted I think we've only really explored Old Russia by why is it that all the areas look identical? You get a mission, you go into a derelict building, you look for a boss type enemy, you kill it and then you head back to that citadel place. All of the buildings you go into look the same.

Handle mentioned this to me and I definitely agree, why is the "loot" so difficult to see?

I was also confused as to why we were doing a level 4 mission and then get a prompt that there is an optional mission/objective to complete. We had to eliminate a target. We find him and he's a level 8? Our puny weapons wouldn't do jack shit to the dude. Then he runs away and gradually hits invisible "checkpoints" until he hits the last one and the mission is over? Wtf? Why are higher level instances like that popping up when we're on such a lower leveled mission. We also had another level 4 mission that required us to scan a few areas for intel. It seemed each area we were supposed to scan was swarming with enemies much higher level than we are. One of the areas had some kind of giant Hell beast thing that had pinpoint accuracy and was shooting us with laser beams from across the map. Am I missing something?

While we were playing yesterday I got booted but I hear the servers are pretty fucked and that happens pretty frequently.

The game seems competent enough and I hope it starts to ramp up.I'm just not seeing what all the hype was about. It's not grabbing me so far like a game like Borderlands does/did. It actually reminds me a ton of Diablo 3. It's so "meh".

Comment

• x0xHumblex0x
            Forgeddaaabooouuutiiiit
            • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Twigg4075
            So, the wife and I are only level 4's but so far this game isn't doing anything for me. It's exactly like the Alpha/Beta. It's RPG Halo. Everything from the music to the weapons, to the characters, to the environments.

Granted I think we've only really explored Old Russia by why is it that all the areas look identical? You get a mission, you go into a derelict building, you look for a boss type enemy, you kill it and then you head back to that citadel place. All of the buildings you go into look the same.

Handle mentioned this to me and I definitely agree, why is the "loot" so difficult to see?

I was also confused as to why we were doing a level 4 mission and then get a prompt that there is an optional mission/objective to complete. We had to eliminate a target. We find him and he's a level 8? Our puny weapons wouldn't do jack shit to the dude. Then he runs away and gradually hits invisible "checkpoints" until he hits the last one and the mission is over? Wtf? Why are higher level instances like that popping up when we're on such a lower leveled mission. We also had another level 4 mission that required us to scan a few areas for intel. It seemed each area we were supposed to scan was swarming with enemies much higher level than we are. One of the areas had some kind of giant Hell beast thing that had pinpoint accuracy and was shooting us with laser beams from across the map. Am I missing something?

While we were playing yesterday I got booted but I hear the servers are pretty fucked and that happens pretty frequently.

The game seems competent enough and I hope it starts to ramp up.I'm just not seeing what all the hype was about. It's not grabbing me so far like a game like Borderlands does/did. It actually reminds me a ton of Diablo 3. It's so "meh".
            bought it for my PS4 but i didnt open it yet.

my son got it for XB1 and he says its ok - but that usually means he will stomach until he gets bored with it
            and go back to Madden MUTs, while waiting for FIFA 15, lol.
            3rd & 14, inside your own 15, up 6, 3:20min left to go = call a PA Pass and Cancel. *its Legit, so no needless complaining

Comment

• buckeye
              Noob
              • Dec 2013

I have been on the fence with picking this up as well. May just hold out and grab Diablo III

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

• Swarley
                A Special Kind of Cat
                • Jul 2010

Twigg, keep playing. Earth is pretty boring, but as soon as more places open up, it gets better and better.

Comment

• Twigg4075
                  Kindergarten Cop
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Swarley
                  Twigg, keep playing. Earth is pretty boring, but as soon as more places open up, it gets better and better.
                  I'm definitely going to keep playing.

I may fire up the PS4 version tonight.

Comment

• cf24
                    WESTBROOK
                    • Feb 2009

Yeah, Swarls and I played for what...four hours on Saturday? I went to a show, got home around 1 and played until 4 AM, then played again yesterday. I'm enjoying it even though I don't know what the fuck I'm doing besides yelling and being a scaredy cat in the really dark places.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                      Nasty
                      • Nov 2008

I haven't had any server issues or a single drop yet on XB1, been playing since Friday. The single player campaign definitely isn't anything too special. I haven't seen a great single player since Mass Effect and Dead Space. The only thing that makes it good is how intense the missions can get when playing on hard. They get intense once you start the Moon missions, but the overall difficulty could definitely be more challenging. I haven't hit a mission yet where I've gotten stuck or needed help getting through it. Most of them I've gotten through without dieing, but they're still fun.

I personally bought it for the pvp though, only to find how retarded the matchmaking is and how op some of the specials are. There's really no point in playing pvp until you hit lvl 20 and are on equal ground with the people you'll be getting matched against.

Still, the gameplay is pretty fun and I don't see any other MP competitive shooter that's out or upcoming that can rival it aside from Halo.

Comment

• seaplus
                        Posts a lot
                        • Apr 2009

pvp and strike pve missions are great. matchmaking has been spot on through my progression of the game

and no one class is overpowered in pvp. it is all about your play style. if you find yourself losing a lot then I suggest trying a new build
                        *<|8-D

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                          Nasty
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by seaplus
                          pvp and strike pve missions are great. matchmaking has been spot on through my progression of the game

and no one class is overpowered in pvp. it is all about your play style. if you find yourself losing a lot then I suggest trying a new build
                          Someone at 20+ is going to have better stat upgrades, bonuses and abilities. While it's still possible to do well as a low level, when player skill is equal the higher level is always going to have the adv over someone at a low level. Because of that, there's really no reason to match players who are level 7 against someone already at level 25. But, it happens all the time. I've also been in matches where half the team will quit. There needs to be some sort of punishment for players abandoning early. Simple solution would be to ban them from MM for an hour or so.

Supercharged is pretty lame for pvp, I'm a titan and don't like it. It's an instant kill anytime you're close to someone and doesn't take any skill to use. Pretty shit ability for a competitive shooter. That along with a few other things dull the competitive side.

Comment

• KNUBB
                            WHITE RONDO
                            • Jun 2009

Only difference between a higher leveled player and a lower level is the perks on the gear. Everything else is even. Damage, Armor, Health, etc.

Comment

• cf24
                              WESTBROOK
                              • Feb 2009

Some guy and I did some Devil's Lair thing. Took us an hour, but we made it through. That was fun. Would definitely do it again with you guys. Plus, he didn't have his mic on.

Comment

• Steel Mamba
                                Nasty
                                • Nov 2008

Am I missing something with voip? It seems like mics only work when in a party, I haven't heard anyone using their mic in a match yet.

Comment

Working...