X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg4075
    Kindergarten Cop
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PepperNY
    I just feel that xbox is more enjoyable for multiplayer games. Granted some of it is because most people on xbox have a mic and most on ps3 do not plus running cross game chat in parties. The other thing that used to bother me was it would take forever to download an update that takes literally 2 minutes on xbox. Granted Sony has improved and I dont feel like it as big of an issue now as it was a few years ago. It all boils down to personal preference and I will say I prefer the xbox controller over sony but I can use both. Let me also state that I own both consoles and I feel there are good and bad about both. I enjoy my ps3 as there are games I just simply could not play that i really love that I can't get on xbox. I just really hope that Sony cleans up the PS Store and makes it more fluid moving around the menus where I dont have to wait for the system to catch up to what I am trying to look at.
    Then that is your opinion, not a fact like you originally portrayed it to be. As for the mic issue you brought up, that's bullshit too. When I play multiplayer games with random on both consoles, it's a fucking ghost town of communication. Although I've actually had more luck on PS3 meeting cool people that actually use mics. On Xbox my experience has been more douchebags or no talking at all.

As for this console, it's obviously not all doom and gloom. But based on the information that we have readily available to us now the negatives seem to far outweigh the positives. Maybe some of this will change and they will announce a glut of great games at E3.
    Last edited by Twigg4075; 05-22-2013, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• PepperNY
      Best in the World
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Twigg4075
      Then that is your opinion, not a fact like you originally portrayed it to be. As for the mic issue you brought up, that's bullshit too. When I play multiplayer games with random on both consoles, it's a fucking ghost town of communication. Although I've actually had more luck on PS3 meeting cool people that actually use mics. On Xbox my experience has been more douchebags or no talking at all.

As for this console, it's obviously not a doom and gloom. But based on the information that we have ready available to us now the negatives seem to far outweigh the positives. Maybe some of this will change and they will announce a glut of great games at E3.
      I knew it was only a matter of time before MR Sony fanboy himself piped in. I don't think anyone bashes Microsoft more then you do

Comment

• leaffan
        Colton Orr Fan
        • Feb 2009

This thread has delivered a solid 40mins of reading for myself this morning and I thank you all for it. I do have to laugh though as most of the comments were to be expected with the same normal people on this site chiming in with their terrible opinions and thoughts.

Quick thing that has struck me was this quote which I don't think many people picked up on was this:

“They’re preaching TV services to gamers and gamer press, the exact group of people who will be least receptive to it. Microsoft’s direction isn’t in line with E3, it’s in line with CES.
        When I saw the unviel the first thing I said was that it looked like my old HTPC. This quote by one of the indie guys who were interviewed is pretty much exactly what the xbox brand is turning into. Looking at the specs as well its fairly obvious they are going the cheaper hardware route again and are banking on the fact that graphics have sort of hit a wall in terms making things look better and are hoping their limits won't be hit for a while.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

• Houston
          Back home
          • Oct 2008

I don't read gaming articles but one here's one thing I haven't seen anyone post about. What happens...if something happens to my console?

Let's say I contract the new strain of RROD(crazy idea, I know), or my Xbox gets stolen. What happens to my library of now used games? Do I have to pay extra money to use them when I get a new Xbox?

Comment

• Aso
            The Serious House
            • Nov 2008

Gonna have to pay that second hand user fee for all yo games

Comment

• jms493
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Houston
              I don't read gaming articles but one here's one thing I haven't seen anyone post about. What happens...if something happens to my console?

Let's say I contract the new strain of RROD(crazy idea, I know), or my Xbox gets stolen. What happens to my library of now used games? Do I have to pay extra money to use them when I get a new Xbox?
              I am pretty sure you will have to repurchase them all at full price. suck it consumer

Comment

• CCBrink
                Awkward Swag
                • May 2009

Someone on reddit outside of the US posted this picture. Guess those services don't work there, so it will pretty much be a game box to them.

Comment

• jms493
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CCBrink
                  Someone on reddit outside of the US posted this picture. Guess those services don't work there, so it will pretty much be a game box to them.

no netflix, nfl, hbo, skype.......lucky dogs.

edit...actually I dont use netflix, hbo, skype, no interest int Star Trek. That me
                  Last edited by jms493; 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• killgod
                    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by CCBrink

Pretty much the deal for Canada.

We get Skype.

We get Netflix, although extremely neutered.

Everything else we can't have.

Comment

• padman59
                      Slayer of Demons
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Houston

The latest that I've read regarding this is that games are tied to your account (not your console). If that's the case, you shouldn't have to worry about anything except installing the games all over again.

Comment

• jms493
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                        The latest that I've read regarding this is that games are tied to your account (not your console). If that's the case, you shouldn't have to worry about anything except installing the games all over again.
                        Blasphemy!!!

Comment

• TeflonDonny
                          Deal....No Deal
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by padman59
                          I have a feeling it's tied to both. Your account can only access the game from one console. You'll probably have to go through and de-activation/activation process like PSN has for some services.

Comment

• jms493
                            • Feb 2009

how I do it on my 360 now is pull the hard drive out and put it in another console...takes all of 3 secs. Xbox Juan wont allow you to remove the HDD...awesome.
                            Last edited by jms493; 05-22-2013, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• padman59
                              Slayer of Demons
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TeflonDonny
                              I have a feeling it's tied to both. Your account can only access the game from one console. You'll probably have to go through and de-activation/activation process like PSN has for some services.
                              The last point is probably true. The one example that MS' damage control tossed out was that you can go to your friends house and bring over your profile to play the game without paying a fee.

On a general note, I'm shocked that MS folks don't appear to be on the same page on this issue, and we've had a few different used game policies thrown around.

Comment

• leaffan
                                Colton Orr Fan
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jms493
                                how I do it on my 360 now is pull the hard drive out and put it in another console...takes all of 3 secs. Xbox Juan wont allow you to remove the HDD...awesome.
                                The PS3 was basically the same thing yet no one bitched about that...

Just throwing this out there but I wouldn't be surprised it works like hotmail. Your login is basically tied to your location in the world. If lets say someone tries to access the account from cambodia it will trigger a security system which will begin the process of having to answer security questions to actually get into the account. When I bring my canadian xbox to the states I generally have to go through a bunch of security shit when I turn the xbox on and try to log into my account. It never fails and I end up having to do it for everything microsoft. It's a pain in the ass but then again I've never had any of my email accounts hacked unlike most people.

Leafs offseason training!

Comment

Working...