X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • killgod
    OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Primetime
    He doesn't really use information, he just makes shit up in his head and hopes we believe his lies.
    You make up future hypothetical situations where 32 people will schedule with 10 copies of Madden, meanwhile I run leagues where 32 people with 32 copies struggle to get shit done.

Yes, I'm making stuff up and wouldn't have a clue about the logistics in a 32 human Madden league.

Comment

• calgaryballer
      Tiote!
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Pitty
      You look even more retarded when you look at Steam, where used games don't exist, and get this, game prices are lower.
      Rumours swirling that game trading is coming

As the furore over the game sharing policies of the new consoles continues, it's easy as a PC user to look on bewildered. You can't share games; they're not even real! They're an intangible entity pushed through magic underground tubes, like some non-corporeal spirit of entertainment haunting your hard-drive. But if some lines of code found in the latest Steam beta program are to be believed,

Comment

• Primetime
        Thank You Prince
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Chrispy
        Kind of like how u just make up stats?

I had to
        When did I do that?

Comment

• killgod
          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
          • Oct 2008

It's a blog. Cool. They make market assumptions that more games will sell at a cheaper rate. There's nothing to guarantee that. One guy's argument predicting the future doesn't make a point.

Comment

• MVPete
            Old School
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by killgod
            So I traded in a $60 game for $56 after getting to get what I wanted out of it. What point are you making here that makes Gamestop evil? I even have an online pass to sell and can come out with a profit. The horror!
            Sounds like an incredible game.

Comment

• Pitty
              Death, Taxes, Jeff Capel
              • Feb 2009

It's a blog. Cool. They make market assumptions that more games will sell at a cheaper rate. There's nothing to guarantee that. One guy's argument predicting the future doesn't make a point.
              No, it's an article, and it's Forbes. You keep throwing the word assumption around, I don't think you know what it means, considering the entire article is based on statistical research.

Comment

• killgod
                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MVPete
                Sounds like an incredible game.
                Probably top #3 in the whole cycle. Haven't beat through a game in 3 days in years.

Comment

• killgod
                  OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                  • Oct 2008

No, it's an article, and it's Forbes. You keep throwing the word assumption around, I don't think you know what it means, considering the entire article is based on statistical research.
                  Yeah and who does Patcher work for again? He must be always accurate.

Comment

• Primetime
                    Thank You Prince
                    • Nov 2008

32 man league....usually 2-3 games per week have a scheduling conflict where people can't play. Now you never have to worry about the 10 people that have the game because they can play whenever they feel like it. That leaves 16-18 teams or 8-9 games, on average, to be played in a 3-4 day span on a 2x per week advance. That means 1-2 games need to be played a night from a shared library. You're telling me 1-2 games games can't be played from 10 shared accounts? If you can't do that, it's pathetic.

Comment

• killgod
                      OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                      • Oct 2008

32 man league....usually 2-3 games per week have a scheduling conflict where people can't play. Now you never have to worry about the 10 people that have the game because they can play whenever they feel like it. That leaves 16-18 teams or 8-9 games, on average, to be played in a 3-4 day span on a 2x per week advance. That means 1-2 games need to be played a night from a shared library. You're telling me 1-2 games games can't be played from 10 shared accounts? If you can't do that, it's pathetic.
                      Good luck in your draft. Good luck that nobody needs to reschedule or run late for their "timeslot" to play for free.

You forgot to answer how EA and dev costs aren't harmed by your plans here.

I'm arguing with two people, one saying "used games going away will make devs more money" the other saying "we're going to buy less of their games and free share, you're retarded if you don't see how"

Amazing.

Comment

• MVPete
                        Old School
                        • Mar 2008

Probably top #3 in the whole cycle. Haven't beat through a game in 3 days in years.
                        So great there was no need to keep it after 3 days. Sounds like the kind of game that would of been perfect for the game sharing scenario. They basically wanted to do something similar to what everyone on PS3 was doing with game sharing, but with restrictions.

Comment

• killgod
                          OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MVPete
                          So great there was no need to keep it after 3 days. Sounds like the kind of game that would of been perfect for the game sharing scenario. They basically wanted to do something similar to what everyone on PS3 was doing with game sharing, but with restrictions.
                          So I share it with other people and am out $60, but you get it for free so...yay?

Oh but you'll share a game with me, so we splits on them and I'm just out $30....yay?

Oh but devs will make more money....right?

Comment

• Primetime
                            Thank You Prince
                            • Nov 2008

Good luck in your draft. Good luck that nobody needs to reschedule or run late for their "timeslot" to play for free.

You forgot to answer how EA and dev costs aren't harmed by your plans here.

I'm arguing with two people, one saying "used games going away will make devs more money" the other saying "we're going to buy less of their games and free share, you're retarded if you don't see how"

Amazing.
                            EA came out and said they were making the draft functional on the website, especially for this feature. It could have been done with solid communication, like people told you days ago.

Comment

• Primetime
                              Thank You Prince
                              • Nov 2008

So I share it with other people and am out $60, but you get it for free so...yay?

Oh but you'll share a game with me, so we splits on them and I'm just out $30....yay?

Oh but devs will make more money....right?
                              Why not split it for $30 and then go sell it just like you did (which I still hold as a lie). MS did not restrict that.

Comment

• killgod
                                OHHHH WHEN THE REDSSSSS
                                • Oct 2008

EA came out and said they were making the draft functional on the website. It could have been done with solid communication, like people told you days ago.
                                You ever used one of the many versions of an EA Madden website? Sounds like it.

Comment

Working...